Ode2Joy

Arrests of immigrants in Baltimore leave many fearful

25 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-immigration-impact-20170307-story.html#nt=oft12aH-1la1

”One day, Segundo Paucar was a pillar of Highlandtown's tight-knit, Ecuadorian-American community: a 31-year-old married father of two who employed eight people in a small business that rehabbed about 50 properties in the city each year.

The next day, he was gone, picked up by federal agents on charges related to his allegedly having entered the country illegally when he was 15.

-

Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents arrested Paucar and popular local barber Serbando Fernando Rodriguez in Baltimore last month. They accused Paucar of being an "immigration fugitive with a final order of removal" issued more than a decade ago and Rodriguez of "illegally re-entering the United States after a previous deportation."

Oh well. Adios muchacho if that accusation is true.

For all we know maybe the roads will be safer now. Don't know if it's the case with this guy, but it does happen a lot and there are too many people driving around without a valid driver license, etc.

Edited by Ode2Joy

Posted (edited)

well, they are deportable aliens after all

https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/SLB/HTML/SLB/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-29/0-0-0-5684.html

INA: ACT 237 - GENERAL CLASSES OF DEPORTABLE ALIENS

Sec. 237 1/ [8 U.S.C. 1227]

(a) Classes of Deportable Aliens.-Any alien (including an alien crewman) in and admitted to the United States shall, upon the order of the Attorney General, be removed if the alien is within one or more of the following classes of deportable aliens:

(1) Inadmissible at time of entry or of adjustment of status or violates status.-

(A) Inadmissible aliens.-Any alien who at the time of entry or adjustment of status was within one or more of the classes of aliens inadmissible by the law existing at such time is deportable.

( B ) Present in violation of law.-Any alien who is present in the United States in violation of this Act or any other law of the 2b/ United States, or whose nonimmigrant visa (or other documentation authorizing admission into the United States as a nonimmigrant) has been revoked under section 221(i) , is deportable.

( C) Violated nonimmigrant status or condition of entry.-

(i) Nonimmigrant status violators.-Any alien who was admitted as a nonimmigrant and who has failed to maintain the nonimmigrant status in which the alien was admitted or to which it was changed under section 248 , or to comply with the conditions of any such status, is deportable.

(ii) Violators of conditions of entry.-Any alien whom the Secretary of Health and Human Services certifies has failed to comply with terms, conditions, and controls that were imposed under section 212(g) is deportable.

(D) Termination of conditional permanent residence.-

Edited by boink

Off topic, but this morning while watching Fox 45 local news there was a segment about upcoming segments to be featured on the morning news. The segment will be about design/remodeling. The person responsible for the designs/remodel showed some before and after photos of a room in her house. In one of the photos was a small child. The woman (who by the way, is quite flip and so far unlikeable) quipped that the child was one of her helpers that she picked up in front of Home Depot, cheap labor. And then she laughed.

Awkward. lol

Posted (edited)

As strange as this may seem coming from me, I do have sympathy/empathy for the families that are broken up and impacted by these arrests.

However, and this is what the bleeding hearts always don't see or ignore entirely.

THESE PEOPLE BROKE THE LAW. PERIOD.

This is a country of laws (supposedly). If you live in the US you do not (in theory) get to pick the laws that apply to you. PERIOD.

If we get to pick and choose. Well, then if this is the case that picking an choosing is OK .... well forget the CCW I'll just pocket my .380 and walk around the city. Forget registering my car, forget paying for a drivers license, taxes...screw that...That's ok right? :rolleyes: Or is the trick that if I don't obey the laws stated above that I make the case that it impacts my family and should be waved for my particular situation? :o:lol:

Edited by Guido2

Posted (edited)

As strange as this may seem coming from me, I do have sympathy/empathy for the families that are broken up and impacted by these arrests.

However, and this is what the bleeding hearts always don't see or ignore entirely.

THESE PEOPLE BROKE THE LAW. PERIOD.

This is a country of laws (supposedly). If you live in the US you do not (in theory) get to pick the laws that apply to you. PERIOD.

If we get to pick and choose. Well, then if this is the case that picking an choosing is OK .... well forget the CCW I'll just pocket my .380 and walk around the city. Forget registering my car, forget paying for a drivers license, taxes...screw that...That's ok right? :rolleyes: Or is the trick that if I don't obey the laws stated above that I make the case that it impacts my family and should be waved for my particular situation? :o:lol:

just say you wanted a better life

that will give you immunity/impunity from prosecution

Edited by boink

Off topic, but this morning while watching Fox 45 local news there was a segment about upcoming segments to be featured on the morning news. The segment will be about design/remodeling. The person responsible for the designs/remodel showed some before and after photos of a room in her house. In one of the photos was a small child. The woman (who by the way, is quite flip and so far unlikeable) quipped that the child was one of her helpers that she picked up in front of Home Depot, cheap labor. And then she laughed.

Awkward. lol

isn't she slick!

Awkward. lol

That's why Baltimore's demands for a $15 an hour minimum wage is a bad joke. I'm sure that the remodeler followed the letter of the law and obtained all the necessary insurance and other costs usually not associated with using undocumented day workers instead of exploiting and taking advantage of them.

I can't understand why anyone would be surprised or upset that a previously deported illegal would be deported again once identified.

How did he run a business?

Posted (edited)

And no one complains when an American citizen's family is broken up because he/she breaks the law and goes to jail. But we're supposed to gnash our teeth and protest when an illegal alien's family is broken up because he/she shouldn't be here in the first place, breaks the law and is sent back where he/she belongs. SMH

Excellent point!

Edited by EL-FLIPPO

I would love to see a bunch of  these lefties jump the border to Mexico and settle down to work and raise families. Bet they wouldn't last a month. And I'll bet they wouldn't have a bunch of Mexicans holding rallies for them to stay after the federales busted them.

Posted (edited)

just say you wanted a better life

that will give you immunity/impunity from prosecution

Oh ohhh ohhhh that explains the let them go courts in BC. A dealer doesn't want to work at a real job for a better life....so using your thinking...that justifies them being let go all the time. And the shootings...I guess it is the same thing....the shooter is just thinking he want a better life. So using an illegal firearm, shooting other people is just part of his quest for a better life. Regardless of the laws.

Wow how could I be so stupid.

It is all so clear now. Thanks! :rolleyes:

Edited by Guido2

Excellent point!

No it's not. People complain all the time about the war on drugs and how it contributes to broken homes.

I wanted to address bobster directly, but his post seems to have disappeared.

No it's not. People complain all the time about the war on drugs and how it contributes to broken homes.

I wanted to address bobster directly, but his post seems to have disappeared.

Likely someone took offence to the post, posted about it and both were deleted.

You I was talking to my wife about this shipping back illegals. I also started thinking about the number of them that their former countries refuse to accept back. So we are stuck with them and their expense.

Now I was thinking. Tell Mexico, and all the other countries....for everyone of those you don't want back. We will ship two of our scumbags down there and drop them off. Just fly them across the boarder and drop them of....and see yah.

Fairs fair....he we the US being so magnanimous it is even providing safe transportation. No walks across the desert and stuff.

Seems like a good deal for a federal case murderer. Visit ol sparky or take your chances in Meeccchhhiiiiccccooo. Hey even the anti death penalty peeps would be happy with that,,,no

What cha tink

You I was talking to my wife about this shipping back illegals. I also started thinking about the number of them that their former countries refuse to accept back. So we are stuck with them and their expense.

Now I was thinking. Tell Mexico, and all the other countries....for everyone of those you don't want back. We will ship two of our scumbags down there and drop them off. Just fly them across the boarder and drop them of....and see yah.

Fairs fair....he we the US being so magnanimous it is even providing safe transportation. No walks across the desert and stuff.

Seems like a good deal for a federal case murderer. Visit ol sparky or take your chances in Meeccchhhiiiiccccooo. Hey even the anti death penalty peeps would be happy with that,,,no

What cha tink

Yeah.  Why don't you just tweet the plan to Trump.  

Based on your writing skills I would say you are as smart as any of his advisers. 

Yeah.  Why don't you just tweet the plan to Trump.  

Based on your writing skills I would say you are as smart as any of his advisers. 

Why the personal attack....is that necessary?

Obviously, you don't recognize sarcasm when you read it.

Pinhead.

Doing this correctly is so far out of our governments ability. Two modes... look the other way and accommodate, or ram through dramatic changes overnight in a disjointed rookie way. The middle, where most people are, is infuriatingly out of reach. 

IMO, if I were living illegally in another country, i'd always be fearful and try to keep as low a profile as possible. It's the price you should pay for enjoying the benefits while living under the radar. When you have citizens as we do, that have lived here for decades but can't speak English, it's very clear that we've sent an established message. You can't just change that on a Friday night and expect it to be smooth. 

I give Trump credit for being the rare pol to follow through,  but it doesn't seem like a lot of thought when into the actual implementation.  

Doing this correctly is so far out of our governments ability. Two modes... look the other way and accommodate, or ram through dramatic changes overnight in a disjointed rookie way. The middle, where most people are, is infuriatingly out of reach. 

IMO, if I were living illegally in another country, i'd always be fearful and try to keep as low a profile as possible. It's the price you should pay for enjoying the benefits while living under the radar. When you have citizens as we do, that have lived here for decades but can't speak English, it's very clear that we've sent an established message. You can't just change that on a Friday night and expect it to be smooth. 

I give Trump credit for being the rare pol to follow through,  but it doesn't seem like a lot of thought when into the actual implementation.  

Trump is determined to deliver and to make change happen. Not only on this but medical coverage etc. as we have seen. The real problem(s) are the way he comes across as running rough shod over laws and protocols as we know it. In conjunction with (as stated) most of his 'stuff' is half axx and half baked.

Throw in that 50 percent of what is says is a lie and the other 50 percent is false.  Well no wonder things are blowing up left and right.

I can't wait for a direct line is drawn between the russians and the admin and all the wheels just don't come of....they EXPLODE off.

But of course he will pull the 'it was his fault' card.

If they were here illegally, then they should be deported.

I would love to see the Govt concentrate on the employers. If this guy owned a business seize all of the assets

I would love to see the Govt concentrate on the employers. If this guy owned a business seize all of the assets

Never going to happen. That's why I say Trump gives lip service to the issue to appease his hate mongering base. Instead of building a damn wall that they're going to find a way around, put those billions into more agents for employer compliance and stiffen the penalties.

The problem is that liberal Democrats like Frosh and his ilk do not really want to differentiate between legal and illegal immigration. 

Their actions say it all. 

Never going to happen. That's why I say Trump gives lip service to the issue to appease his hate mongering base. Instead of building a damn wall that they're going to find a way around, put those billions into more agents for employer compliance and stiffen the penalties.

Yep. Neither side really wants to solve the problem. The answer is so obvious. They all overlook the solution because the "problem" is too profitable. The Dems want the voters and shifting demographic. The Republicans want the xenophobic motivation for voters and the both sides love the cheap labor.

Yep. Neither side really wants to solve the problem. The answer is so obvious. They all overlook the solution because the "problem" is too profitable. The Dems want the voters and shifting demographic. The Republicans want the xenophobic motivation for voters and the both sides love the cheap labor.

Agreed 100%