1 reply to this topic

#1 KSweeley

KSweeley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, Maryland, USA.

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:36 PM

4 to 17 inches of snow expected from this snowstorm in March: http://www.baltimore...0311-story.html

March 12, 2017

The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning and a watch for the greater Baltimore region and much of the mid-Atlantic beginning Monday afternoon in advance of a storm that could bring the region’s first significant snow of the season.

The weather service predicted Sunday that the approaching storm could bring from 4 to 17 inches of heavy snow to various parts of Maryland.

The winter storm watch will be in effect from 7 p.m. Monday to Tuesday afternoon.

“This is the first notable snowstorm for the central part of the Mid-Atlantic,” said Bryan Jackson, a meteorologist for the National Weather Service.

Officials said the “major coastal storm” was expected to form as a low pressure system off the Caroline coast Monday, then move northeast toward the Mid-Atlantic by Tuesday. Heavy precipitation is expected along the western edge of the system, bringing substantial snow accumulations.

The Baltimore area has only seen 0.7 inches all season at BWI Marshall Airport, which ties a record for the least amount of snow, set nearly seven decades ago.

#2 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:02 PM

I checked the snow blower, runs fine, plenty of gas, wood for the fireplace all my flashlights have new batteries and beer. I am also retired. So no hxll to deal with getting to work.

Yes life is good. ;) :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users