Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheGuru

Baltimore Area Lacrosse 2017

99 posts in this topic

Then there is Lambert and Greensboro Day????? Look at their OOC schedule for the past several years. Cupcake city. BK likes to pad the W-L total rather than prepare for MIAA-A play. Small kids with no offense is not how you win in the MIAA A.

I have to concede.  You are correct.  CHC went to the King of Spring event in NC, where, I think they didn't have a lot of say in their opponents.  Meanwhile, McDonogh was... where?  Wait.  In the same event????  One of their opponents was Highland Park (TX) and when I look at the regional rankings in the Nike poll, Lambert and Highland Park have been 2-3 the past few weeks in the South, so it sounds like McD isn't doing much different.  Every year Calvert Hall plays Malvern Prep, Conestoga, and the Hill Academy.  I guess if they can squeeze in Hereford next year, they might not have a cupcakes schedule.  Calvert Hall has had a winning record in the MIAA for quite a number of years.  I guess by win in the MIAA you meant something else.

Match up of two super public school programs tonight as Howard travels to South River.  Always a great game and turning into a nice rivalry. Howard has been to the last three state championships losing to South River in 2014 at UMBC. 

I don't think I'd call CHC's OOC schedule weak.  Malvern and Hill are 2 of the top 5 teams in the country, and Stoga is no slouch.  So they had 2 soft teams - that doesn't mean the entire OOC schedule is weak.

Also, the CHC Junior going to MD is listed in the pressbox article as a middie - are you saying Kelly made him switch to start his FR son?

Yes 100%.  He started on attack last year and will play attack in college...

I mean win the Ship, the only win that matters at the end of the day.

Eagle you sound ridiculous.  McD had a good year last year, but in the last 10 years, CHC has won the miaa once and McD has won the MIAA once...It's an ultra competitive league, and no team dominates the championship count.

Just saying every year CHC lax is over hyped, much like their football program, only to turn out mediocre results. The last few seasons the lax team has been very smallish and unable to score points when needed to win games.

Two days in a row CHC crushes Gilman. Yesterday on the diamond. Today the Cardinals smacked around Gilman 12-7 in lacrosse for their 1st conference win.

Believe the final score was 11-7 and wasn't a beat down, I watched it online. In fact, much closer than I thought it would be. Gilman is a year away, very young.

The actual game: http://www.greyhoundtv.org fast forward if you don't want to see the whole game.

I watched starting in the 4th quarter.  It was 11-7 at the time.  Calvert Hall scored and the screen scoreboard was never updated.  Even the announcers (Gilman students do a great job with the broadcasts) noted they were down by 5 goals.  So the final was 12-7.  Gilman's twitter account also showed 12-7 (https://twitter.com/GilmanLacrosse/status/854451338536681472?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet).

Believe the final score was 11-7 and wasn't a beat down, I watched it online. In fact, much closer than I thought it would be. Gilman is a year away, very young.

Gilman is 2-3 years and a coaching upgrade away. You're in my wheel house now, GA. 

Gilman is 2-3 years and a coaching upgrade away. You're in my wheel house now, GA.

Totally agree with a coaching upgrade. But they have a ton of talent in the younger classes. JV is stacked, just lost their first game to CHC in a close game. Not saying they will win a championship next year, but they will be in the hunt next year. Not this year.

Well the over-rated Cards beat McDonogh 11-9, with the freshman scoring 6 goals.

LOL! Gotta love the pundits that are left on here, no matter the sport.

Just saying every year CHC lax is over hyped, much like their football program, only to turn out mediocre results. The last few seasons the lax team has been very smallish and unable to score points when needed to win games.

????

As anyone who cares knows by now, Calvert Hall beat Boys Latin 11-10 in double overtime yesterday, which gives them sole possession of first place and the inside track to a bye in the MIAA playoffs.  The BL crowd was chanting "over-rated" towards CHC at one point.  I wonder if some posters on this thread were part of that crowd.  Great Spring so far for the Cards as they won the rugby championship and baseball finished 3 games clear of everyone in the regular season.