96 replies to this topic

#41 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:32 AM

First of all professor Mamba, don't have time to change every auto correct my phone does. And you have no idea what shoes I have walked in. Never give any individual parent any advice. No I do not believe a kid should be allowed to be held back for sports purposes only, my opinion, you know we all have one.

#42 themamba

themamba

@aka_themamba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationWorldwide

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:47 AM

Sooooo, you're going with the auto-correct thing? Hilarious. Still, as comical as that is, the point still stands. Before you actually post material regarding anything to do with education, and how paramount it is, proof-read your, um, auto-correct. Otherwise, the post will look like buffoonery run amok. I also do know, as I stated, that you've never walked in anyone else's shoes. Non-debatable, bud.

#43 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:51 AM

True no one has, except for the time I borrowed my friends shoes

#44 Downlow

Downlow

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:39 PM

Reclassing is spreading to other states as well but don't see it in western PA and Ohio much. Whatever it takes to get ahead is the mentality of many parents but we all know the kids that do it for athletic reasons. Kid from CHC is good athlete but far from post that said he's superior. I've seen the kid many times as we whooped CHC in football. Watched CHC play several times scouting and kid didn't play much but when he did I say average. We should beat them in lacrosse this year I suspect but we'll see. He has decent height, very thin and not particular fast or quick, strength seems like area kid really needs to improve on. I hear kid has lax offers already so he must be pretty good lacrosse player but wouldn't even put him in top 25 for football frosh in Bmore area. To ge on these forums and pump him up like he's "superior" is insult to many freshmen football players that would blow him up. If I was his parents and he already got rides in lacrosse I'd think twice about letting him start as QB in MIAA football next year. CHC line is average and kids gonna get hit.

#45 Tiger1012

Tiger1012

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:26 PM

Reclassing is spreading to other states as well but don't see it in western PA and Ohio much. Whatever it takes to get ahead is the mentality of many parents but we all know the kids that do it for athletic reasons. Kid from CHC is good athlete but far from post that said he's superior. I've seen the kid many times as we whooped CHC in football. Watched CHC play several times scouting and kid didn't play much but when he did I say average. We should beat them in lacrosse this year I suspect but we'll see. He has decent height, very thin and not particular fast or quick, strength seems like area kid really needs to improve on. I hear kid has lax offers already so he must be pretty good lacrosse player but wouldn't even put him in top 25 for football frosh in Bmore area. To ge on these forums and pump him up like he's "superior" is insult to many freshmen football players that would blow him up. If I was his parents and he already got rides in lacrosse I'd think twice about letting him start as QB in MIAA football next year. CHC line is average and kids gonna get hit.

Your affiliation must be with McDonogh....

#46 Downlow

Downlow

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:01 PM

Yes sir.

#47 Tiger1012

Tiger1012

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:41 PM

is this a holmes?  or Sulai?  He definitely is top 25 in the Bmore area and if you disagree that just shows your pampered in your ways over there on Mcdonogh road. Definitely one too many evenings at the Millstream with Dom Damico.

#48 Tiger1012

Tiger1012

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:45 PM

Sooooo, you're going with the auto-correct thing? Hilarious. Still, as comical as that is, the point still stands. Before you actually post material regarding anything to do with education, and how paramount it is, proof-read your, um, auto-correct. Otherwise, the post will look like buffoonery run amok. I also do know, as I stated, that you've never walked in anyone else's shoes. Non-debatable, bud.

Buried him mamba...should i say crickets...?

#49 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:08 PM

Nope haven't heard a word since my last response to professor Mamba about walking in others shoes.

#50 50defense

50defense

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:15 PM

I am a little surprised to see a coach on here calling out kids.  That is unprofessional and unethical, not the McDonogh way, in my experience.

I am sure that the AD and head coach would be very concerned with a coach acting in such a manner on a chat board. 

#51 Downlow

Downlow

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:09 PM

Never said I was a coach and nobody calling out a kid. Just giving an opinion like everyone else on this forum. You have right to disagree. I know football and don't see him as high caliber player. Never seen the kid at a single football combine and I'm at a lot. I wonder why. Could be good opportunity for the kid to show his athleticism. Like I said initially king d is good athlete and I have no bad will towards him. I'm sure he's a great kid. But coaches and parents on here taunting him like the ultimate athlete and a reclass is at that is comical. Sounds like heck if a lax player but we'll c next year how good he is on the football field if he even plays.

#52 Tiger1012

Tiger1012

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:29 PM

Never said I was a coach and nobody calling out a kid. Just giving an opinion like everyone else on this forum. You have right to disagree. I know football and don't see him as high caliber player. Never seen the kid at a single football combine and I'm at a lot. I wonder why. Could be good opportunity for the kid to show his athleticism. Like I said initially king d is good athlete and I have no bad will towards him. I'm sure he's a great kid. But coaches and parents on here taunting him like the ultimate athlete and a reclass is at that is comical. Sounds like heck if a lax player but we'll c next year how good he is on the football field if he even plays.

First, I'm not sure you know this game. I've had to square up against this kid multiple times in youth. Not fun. So you can't be good if you don't combine....don't kids combine in their junior year? Or are you talking about the money making deals I see around here like the gyfl? You said you scouted for McDonogh. I know a guy on staff there and he says the staff is tight. I don't think Dom would be letting a random guy make his scouting reports for him!

#53 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:47 PM

50you need to direct your calling out of people to Tiger. All of this started with him calling out people and he is a coach

Edited by jbmad, 15 March 2017 - 07:47 PM.

#54 50defense

50defense

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:03 AM

Sorry, DLow your quote, "Watched CHC play several times scouting and kid didn't play much but when he did I say average." led me to believe you were a coach associated with the program.  By "scout" you meant watch the game with an emphasis in watching one kid on the field?

You also used the term "we" which implied, to me, that you had a real affiliation and just weren't a parent in the stands, which is what it sounds like now.

My bad

#55 TheGuru

TheGuru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,699 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:26 PM

Calvert Hall's game vs the Hill Academy (Canada) was cancelled today due to a frozen fiield. The Cardinals face Malvern Prep (PA) on 3/21/17.

#56 50defense

50defense

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:52 AM

Thanks Guru.  I really wanted to see how the Hill did against the Cards.  I follow The Hill Academy on social media and they have an outstanding athletic program.

#57 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:21 AM

Supposed to play Loyola on Saturday

#58 Express

Express

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:15 AM

i should say it's rare that it happens in middle school for athletic reasons. Many parents do it for boys at a younger age, I doubt anyone is predicting future athletic ability at that point.

I think this comment is somewhat naive. LAX rivals (might be worse) AAU basketball  in that we have kids doing pre-kindergarten (the privates way of getting them older) and then repeating 6th grade. We also have parents home schooling kids and then reclassifying them when they enroll in HS. I have had children play sports at 2 MIAA schools (an A and a B School) and I can name player after player that has re classed (and that covers many sports). When one of my sons was interviewing with an MIAA school, I asked about their opinion on this practice and the head of admittance indicated (and I quote) "we all want to win". When the schools have that thought process, you have an uphill battle to create a fair playing field for the students. Pmore, I would leave you with this question...why do you think LAX and AAU Hoops both went to "grade" levels of play instead of age group levels. It was a strategic effort to deal with the re classing.    

#59 TheGuru

TheGuru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,699 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:17 PM

AAU incorporates both age and grade in their rules. See below:

http://www.aauboysba...all-Eligibility

US Lacrosse does the same thing:

"Age is the best indicator for determining how to group children due to physical and cognitive development. It is also the most easily verified method to segment players. The new US Lacrosse age verification system will assist leagues and events in ensuring that players are segmented properly. However, the age groupings were designed to align as closely as possible with students’ grade level in school so that they can participate with their classmates."

Edited by TheGuru, 19 March 2017 - 08:23 PM.

#60 Express

Express

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:21 PM

AAU incorporates both age and grade in their rules. See below:

http://www.aauboysba...all-Eligibility

US Lacrosse does the same thing:

"Age is the best indicator for determining how to group children due to physical and cognitive development. It is also the most easily verified method to segment players. The new US Lacrosse age verification system will assist leagues and events in ensuring that players are segmented properly. However, the age groupings were designed to align as closely as possible with students’ grade level in school so that they can participate with their classmates." under the below 

LOL - I looked at the link and just read the below notes, How many 12 th graders do you know that are 20 years old, or 8th graders that are 15 for god's sake (both ages are eligible in those stated grades per your AAU and LAX systems.  I can understand pre-first for children on the younger side of the age cut-off or kids that need time in educational/emotional or physical development. But most of the time this is just for sports and the parents are very open on it (I do admit the privates have sold it to the parents (pre-first) and for them it's just an added income stream)..  

GRADE BASED COMPETITION RULES

5TH GRADE – An athlete must be in the 5th grade or below as of October 1, 2016 and can be no older than 12 on August 31, 2017.

6TH GRADE – An athlete must be in the 6th grade or below as of October 1, 2016 and can be no older than 13 on August 31, 2017.

7TH GRADE – An athlete must be in the 7th grade or below as of October 1, 2016 and can be no older than 14 on August 31, 2017.

8TH GRADE – An athlete must be in the 8th grade or below as of October 1, 2016 and can be no older than 15 on August 31, 2017.

HIGH SCHOOL COMPETITION RULES

15U/9TH GRADE – An athlete can be no older than 15 on August 31, 2017. Grade Exception: An athlete who is in the 9th Grade as of October 1, 2016 and who is no older than 16 on August 31, 2017

16U/10TH GRADE – An athlete can be no older than 16 on August 31, 2017. Grade Exception: An athlete who is in the 10th Grade as of October 1, 2016 and who is no older than 17 on August 31, 2017

17U/11TH GRADE – An athlete can be no older than 17 on August 31, 2017. Grade Exception: An athlete who is in the 11th Grade as of October 1, 2016 and who is no older than 18 on August 31, 2017

19U/12TH GRADE – An athlete can be no older than 19 on August 31, 2017. Grade Exception: An athlete who is in the 12th Grade as of October 1, 2016 and who is no older than 20 on August 31, 2017

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users