• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 TheGuru

TheGuru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,676 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:41 PM

Malvern Prep (PA) beat Calvert Hall 13-7 earlier today. CHC is now 2-1. Next up for the Cardinals is Conastoga (PA) on Friday (away).

#62 miaasportsfan

miaasportsfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:58 PM

CHC is struggling on the defensive end. They really miss the starting goalie from last year.

The entire starting attack unit is back from last year for CHC, but the coach has started his freshman son over the junior committee to Maryland. His other son is a starter on the attack too.

#63 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:45 AM

CHC politics

#64 GOOCH

GOOCH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:28 AM

👀

#65 TheGuru

TheGuru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,676 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:29 AM

Jacob Kelly being mentioned in a post concerning politics is curious. He is a very good player in his own right and probably should be starting. He was a freshman during my son's senior year and I don't remember his starting right off the bat. As far as the freshman Kelly is concerned, I don't know if he's better than the JRs that MIAASportsfan mentioned. If he is better than the JRs then that is the antithesis to "politics" at CHC.

Edited by TheGuru, 22 March 2017 - 10:30 AM.

#66 50defense

50defense

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:39 PM

Saw Glenelg play Hebron yesterday.  The Glads are very athletic and have an excellent goalie.  

Edited by 50defense, 22 March 2017 - 01:47 PM.

#67 miaasportsfan

miaasportsfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:49 AM

Jacob Kelly being mentioned in a post concerning politics is curious. He is a very good player in his own right and probably should be starting. He was a freshman during my son's senior year and I don't remember his starting right off the bat. As far as the freshman Kelly is concerned, I don't know if he's better than the JRs that MIAASportsfan mentioned. If he is better than the JRs then that is the antithesis to "politics" at CHC.

Jacob has started every single game of his high school career at CHC.  Not sure how he did as a Freshman, but he's certainly worthy of starting this season as a Junior.  Having seen a couple of the CHC games so far, the Freshman, BK's other son, should NOT be starting over #22 (junior committed to MD).  And this is no knock on the younger Kelly, he's a freshman in high school.  I'm certain that he'll end up being a phenomenal hs lax player, but he's a typical 14/15 year old kid, needs time to grow, get faster, tougher, etc.  I think it hurts these kids to throw them to the fire at such a young age.  In every sport, it takes a really rare talent to being able to start and play well as a freshman in high school.  He has 6 freshman on the varsity this season.  I gotta think some of those kids could benefit from starting and doing well on the JV for a year.

Guess I'm just an old school kinda guy...

#68 sparky1

sparky1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:23 AM

Old school is right, although Coach Kelley would not be the first coach to keep that many (if any in the real old days) freshman on the varsity in a competitive program in order to keep them from transferring without losing a year of eligibility. 

It is not like there aren't freshman and JV programs. . . .

#69 Murph

Murph

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:15 PM

https://www.pressbox...rmidable-attack

#70 TheGuru

TheGuru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,676 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:06 PM

Calvert Hall fought back from a 3-goal deficit, late in the 4th Q to tie Conestoga at 12-12 and send the game into OT.

Edited by TheGuru, 24 March 2017 - 08:12 PM.

#71 TheGuru

TheGuru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,676 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:17 PM

CHC loses to Conestoga 13-12 in OT. Cardinals played tough on the road but come up short to a good team.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users