Followers 0
DaJellyBelly

Is Caleb Joseph back in form?

7 posts in this topic

It appears that Caleb has gotten his mojo back that he

displayed when he filled in for Matt. I've always felt that he

is the type of player that needs regular playing time to be

at his best.

The Orioles catching situation is well in hand.

PS: When he was subbing for Weiters. He did pretty good

at the plate and got some timely hits to win games.

I'll also hold off and wait until the season starts. But I agree that he seems to be a better full time player , than a part time player. But p/t in the majors beats f/t in Norfolk

Almost 31 years old, a very low 200s hitter in the majors, just shattered a very bad MLB record... Nice enough guy, but I just don't see where the optimism comes from with him.

Edited by Ravens2006

Wasn't he playing injured at the beginning of last season? Sometimes it takes a long time to completely heal. I remember one season when I jammed my thumb and it never completely healed until winter. He is a solid but not spectacular player, seems to frame well and has a good arm. IMO last year was a fluke.

Even if last year was a fluke, a historically inept fluke, before that he was a .225ish major league bat with maybe a .280 OBP. At basically 31 I just think we're probably kidding ourselves to think he'll be any different at the major league level than he's proven himself to be (via playing time "earned") so far...

Even if last year was a fluke, a historically inept fluke, before that he was a .225ish major league bat with maybe a .280 OBP. At basically 31 I just think we're probably kidding ourselves to think he'll be any different at the major league level than he's proven himself to be (via playing time "earned") so far...

I like Joseph ( he seems like a good guy and He has a great story), however, He struggled offensively before his horrific injury. He seemed to 

have trouble squaring up the ball. I am inclined to give him a bit of a pass, but the fact remains that his OPS was .413. One of the positive aspects 

of Joseph's game was the fact that He brought a bit of offense to the table when He played in a part time role. I think He needs to OPS at least in

the .650 range to be a decent back up. I hope that his ST performance is an indicator that he has gotten his stroke back.