45 replies to this topic

#1 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,668 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:52 AM

Baltimore will move up 12 picks in the sixth round of this year’s NFL Draft. Trading Zuttah saves $5.8 million in salary cap space, but means the Ravens need new starters at center and right tackle.
http://www.baltimore...2a-15b0c76fe6ac
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#2 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,952 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:04 AM

Wasnt oline an issue
Thats 2 big holes to fill
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] O's new slogan

#3 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,668 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:05 AM

Wasnt oline an issue

Perhaps they find a better performing one in free agency with the cap savings. Just a guess. After last season, is anyone here really going to miss the guy? Particularly at what he was being paid.

Edited by bmore_ken, 16 March 2017 - 09:05 AM.

#4 mdrunning

mdrunning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,559 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:59 AM

Not surprised they got rid of them, although it can be said that the Ravens at least got something in return for Zuttah.

Now you have to wonder what the corresponding move will be to fill the vacancy.

#5 Struds

Struds

Moderate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,415 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:17 AM

Perhaps they find a better performing one in free agency with the cap savings. Just a guess. After last season, is anyone here really going to miss the guy? Particularly at what he was being paid.

I don't remember exactly which game it was, but he had several key penalties that in my view cost the game by negating big plays. The team can find better.

Edited by Struds, 16 March 2017 - 11:20 AM.

#6 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,668 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:30 AM

I don't remember exactly which game it was, but he had several key penalties that in my view cost the game by negating big plays. The team can find better.

And probably for less.

#7 daravenator

daravenator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,136 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:42 PM

The ravens made some mistakes but this should get them younger hopefully better.

#8 mikemor1

mikemor1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:40 PM

Wasnt oline an issue

hopefully they get a center in the draft and don't try to replace Zuttah with Urschel.

The need a C, RT and WR still, and I'm sure they'll pick up a CB and get a DE to replace Dumervil as well.

Need a successful draft this go round.

Edited by mikemor1, 16 March 2017 - 06:41 PM.

#9 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,938 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:48 AM

Zuttah was better suited for blocking in Kubiak's offense, where he didn't have to hold blocks straight up vs big DL for long. If SF runs that, then they'll probably be happy with him. If the Ravens had continued running that, we probably would have been happier with him. But asking him to hold ground against bull rushes and stunts and blitzes, in obvious passing situations... not his specialty. The Ravens shouldn't have been asking him to do so to begin with.
"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#10 alienrace

alienrace

Don't run - we are your friends!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,368 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:15 AM

If there was ever a case of addition by subtraction, this is it.  Zuttah singlehandedly cost the Ravens two games last year.

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#11 stevez51

stevez51

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,847 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:01 AM

Might have been Dallas

#12 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,652 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:40 AM

I don't see this as a bad thing, Zuttah had his troubles all year long. The only problem I see is that the Ravens are spending a lot of money on the defense and not leaving themselves a lot of room to improve an offense that has a lot of holes.
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

#13 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,668 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:03 PM

I don't see this as a bad thing, Zuttah had his troubles all year long. The only problem I see is that the Ravens are spending a lot of money on the defense and not leaving themselves a lot of room to improve an offense that has a lot of holes.

I think that has more to do with free agent availability than a lack of effort at filling offensive holes. Who's out there on offense do you think they can go after that they can afford? I think the bottom line is Ozzy's drafts the last few years have been hit or miss. This year he has to hit a home run or this team is in trouble.

#14 alienrace

alienrace

Don't run - we are your friends!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,368 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:09 PM

The worst holes are on the line for sure.  I like their WR group, but that is predicated on Perriman continuing to emerge.  He showed signs.  He will be expected to take a major step forward in his role, unless the Ravens decide to grab a FA WR.  Losing Dixon hurts, but he'll be back.  Wouldn't worry much other than maybe drafting an RB in the mid rounds maybe for depth.  TE is stacked.  QB is set.  I think Ozzy is going to make a move or two to improve the line before the draft.  I also think they might draft an OL pretty high, or possible a WR if one falls into their laps.

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#15 mikemor1

mikemor1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:28 PM

The worst holes are on the line for sure.  I like their WR group, but that is predicated on Perriman continuing to emerge.  He showed signs.  He will be expected to take a major step forward in his role, unless the Ravens decide to grab a FA WR.  Losing Dixon hurts, but he'll be back.  Wouldn't worry much other than maybe drafting an RB in the mid rounds maybe for depth.  TE is stacked.  QB is set.  I think Ozzy is going to make a move or two to improve the line before the draft.  I also think they might draft an OL pretty high, or possible a WR if one falls into their laps.

I'm hoping they get Mike Williams or Christian McCaffrey in round 1. The only other guys I would select ahead of them: Derek Barnett or Reuben Foster.  I think Reuben Foster is the best defensive player in the draft.

#16 poefolks

poefolks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:13 PM

I'm hoping they get Mike Williams or Christian McCaffrey in round 1. The only other guys I would select ahead of them: Derek Barnett or Reuben Foster. I think Reuben Foster is the best defensive player in the draft.

I'd just add WR corey davis to this list. I think he'll have an impact faster than Mike Williams but would be excited with either. Our WR corp is atrocious right now I'd say worse than the OL. If Perriman or Wallace gets injured we're cooked.

#17 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,668 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:38 AM

I'd love Williams but I doubt he'll be on the board when they pick.

#18 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Resident Good Luck Charm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:14 PM

I just have a feeling they're going to pick another OL.
The kids are alright.

#19 mrdeltoid

mrdeltoid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:24 PM

I wish they would've kept Wagner and let Brandon walk. And I would like to see the draft that center from Ohio state. O-line should be priority 1. JMHO

#20 poefolks

poefolks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:38 PM

I just have a feeling they're going to pick another OL.

I could see them trading down a few spots to pick O-line. Not a strong class from what I'm reading so top 15 value /BPA won't likely match up at 16.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users