137 replies to this topic

#21 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47,950 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:45 PM

Maybe they will eat the rich.

"As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality."
~George Washington

Has Obama Taken Away Your Guns Yet?

#22 stevez51

stevez51

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,877 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:53 PM

Some lies just won't die.

https://www.google.c...cts?context=amp

So I read that and several others. The ACA would cut $700 biliion to the supplement plans which would mean seniors would pay more to have one right.??

#23 stevez51

stevez51

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,877 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:54 PM

Maybe they will eat the rich.

Soylent Green .... its made from people ......

#24 Dr Johnny Fever

Dr Johnny Fever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,369 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:08 PM

This is incredibly stupid and shortsighted.

#25 ms maggie

ms maggie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,143 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:38 PM

So I read that and several others. The ACA would cut $700 biliion to the supplement plans which would mean seniors would pay more to have one right.??

No.

http://www.medicarea...-medicare-myth/

Edited by ms maggie, 16 March 2017 - 05:41 PM.

#26 flyboy56

flyboy56

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,444 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:50 PM

Which of these is a non-profit?

A proposal of the Trump budget, released Thursday morning, calls for the complete elimination of the Community Development Block Grant program, which operates under the Department of Housing and Urban Development and covers Meals on Wheels.

I volunteer my tax dollars to support this.

:lol: "I volunteer my tax dollars" 

#27 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,654 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:19 PM

Elderly Trump voters are too stupid to realize that cuts to Meals on Wheels hurts them. Give them DOG FOOD!

#28 zenwalk

zenwalk

Pundit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48,444 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:29 PM

Eating rich people? 

"A screaming comes across the sky. . ." -- Thomas Pynchon

#29 ms maggie

ms maggie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,143 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:30 PM

To use an old-fashioned expression, it's a sin.

#30 Boobie

Boobie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:38 PM

Trump wants to get rid of block grants, MOW is under that program, doesn't mean it will be cut, even they stated they have no idea if that this will effect their program

.this is just fish food for the guppies.

#31 kandace

kandace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,967 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:35 PM

Oh my . . . who the heck wants to cut Meals on Wheels?  By 35 percent?  Really?  And the lame excuse given by Budget Director, that MOW doesn't "show results?"  What the heck does that even mean?   What type of results is it supposed to show other than feeding the homebound elderly?

Edited by kandace, 18 March 2017 - 07:35 PM.

#32 EL-FLIPPO

EL-FLIPPO

School & Street Educated

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,210 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Doodad Nebula

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:26 PM

"Let them eat cake."  :rolleyes:

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Give not that which is holy unto the dogs,
neither cast ye your pearls before swine,
lest they trample them under their feet
.â€
~
Matthew 7:6 ~

#33 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,822 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:52 PM

Whatever. Until Congress starts passing appropriations bills, none of this matters.

Technically that's true. It's the symbolic message being sent that disturbs me.

If we are here to help others, I often wonder what the others are here for. - Sir Thomas Robert Dewar

#34 grggngll

grggngll

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,547 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:03 PM

Again, you leftists can go get a job, and then support all these groups from your own money.

#35 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,822 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:10 PM

Again, you leftists can go get a job, and then support all these groups from your own money.

What is your favorite charity?

If we are here to help others, I often wonder what the others are here for. - Sir Thomas Robert Dewar

#36 ncbirdfan

ncbirdfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:13 PM

What is your favorite charity?

American thinker or zerohedge?

#37 microg

microg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,302 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:32 AM

Clarification: An earlier headline for this story said President Trump's budget proposal would kill the Meals on Wheels program. Because Meals on Wheels gets funding from other sources, it might not actually be eliminated, but it could be severely curtailed.

"Might not"?  "Could"?

#38 ms maggie

ms maggie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,143 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:56 AM

Trump wants to get rid of block grants, MOW is under that program, doesn't mean it will be cut, even they stated they have no idea if that this will effect their program

.this is just fish food for the guppies.

OK, this is "complicated" I warn you. Do you know what "counter-productive" means?

https://www.good.is/...ls-trump-budget

"Ellie Hollander, President and CEO of Meals on Wheels America, said in a statement that the main problem with Trump’s proposed budget is “it is lean on details,” adding, “cuts of any kind to these highly successful and leveraged programs would be a devastating blow to our ability to provide much-needed care for millions of vulnerable seniors in America, which in turn saves billions of dollars in reduced health care expenses.”

A 2012 Brown University study echoes Hollander’s emphasis on health care savings, finding that simply investing more in delivering meals to seniors’ homes results in fewer people going to nursing homes. That’s because “low-care” seniors, those capable of living on their own with little assistance, can remain at home, thanks to funding via the Older Americans Act. This can translate into significant savings for both state and family medical costs. On average, Meals on Wheels reports it costs about $2,500 to provide a homebound senior with daily meals over one year—or roughly the same cost of an average one-day stay in the hospital or ten days in a nursing home."

#39 Ode2Joy

Ode2Joy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • LocationZentralfriedhof

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:58 AM

Oh my . . . who the heck wants to cut Meals on Wheels? By 35 percent? Really? And the lame excuse given by Budget Director, that MOW doesn't "show results?" What the heck does that even mean? What type of results is it supposed to show other than feeding the homebound elderly?

Fake news.

The portion of their funding that comes from community development block grants is miniscule and closer to 3.5 percent.

#40 mrsmlh

mrsmlh

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,876 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:04 AM

So you don't think the government should help veterans, what a sad little person you are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users