Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thirteen

Ravens reach agreement with Brandon Carr

13 posts in this topic

Hmm. One less corner they need to take in the draft.

Posted (edited)

Seems a little steep for a guy who was rated only the 51st best cornerback in the NFL by Pro Football Focus in 2016. According to ESPN, however, the deal is for one year with a series of one-year options which could make it four years and $24 million. My guess is no more than two years.

Carr will also be 31 in May so he's no spring chicken by NFL standards. Still, he's better than most anyone else the Ravens ran out there last year, and he's more durable than Jimmy Smith.

Edited by mdrunning

Carr is solid played well for us and his consistency will be missed

However thats alot

I like what they're doing in the secondary.

Hmmmm......I thought Dallas secondary was their weak link. Morris Claiborne was the top db they had. In the games I saw, both Aarron Rogers(355 yds) and Ben Roethlisberger(408 yds) carved them up. Even Joe Flacco(269 yds) had one of his better games against their secondary. He might be an upgrade over the other guys paired with Jimmy Smith, but I never saw him as anywhere near a shut down cornerback and the money the Ravens gave him and Williams leaves them little room to upgrade the offense. Looks like they will be going into next season with the same game plan as last year......hope the defense can hold teams in the teens and that the offense can get 1 TD and 4 Tucker fg's.

Posted (edited)

Hmmmm......I thought Dallas secondary was their weak link. Morris Claiborne was the top db they had. In the games I saw, both Aarron Rogers(355 yds) and Ben Roethlisberger(408 yds) carved them up. Even Joe Flacco(269 yds) had one of his better games against their secondary. He might be an upgrade over the other guys paired with Jimmy Smith, but I never saw him as anywhere near a shut down cornerback and the money the Ravens gave him and Williams leaves them little room to upgrade the offense. Looks like they will be going into next season with the same game plan as last year......hope the defense can hold teams in the teens and that the offense can get 1 TD and 4 Tucker fg's.

I'm hoping all this fixing of the defense in the FA means they will be drafting actual offensive playmakers.

Edited by mikemor1

Claiborne was thw weaker of the two by a mile coupled with a shakey SS imo of Church (enjoy Jax)

He is an upgrade over smith in the fact that he stays on the field ????

Claiborne was thw weaker of the two by a mile coupled with a shakey SS imo of Church (enjoy Jax)

He is an upgrade over smith in the fact that he stays on the field

Really? Because Claiborne graded out the higher of the two, allowing a passer rating of only 64.1 when thrown at and a completion percentage of only 54.2%. I have to admit I did not see a whole lot of Cowboy games this year. The ones I did see seemed like the opposing QB's could throw at will on their secondary. As I said, Roethlisberger and Rogers had good games against Dallas. I also saw both Washington games and remember Cousins throwing for a lot of yardage in each. But I would agree that Carr is probably an upgrade over what was out there last year for the Ravens, and maybe even over Smith given the fact that Smith is a perpetual injury waiting to happen.

Really? Because Claiborne graded out the higher of the two, allowing a passer rating of only 64.1 when thrown at and a completion percentage of only 54.2%. I have to admit I did not see a whole lot of Cowboy games this year. The ones I did see seemed like the opposing QB's could throw at will on their secondary. As I said, Roethlisberger and Rogers had good games against Dallas. I also saw both Washington games and remember Cousins throwing for a lot of yardage in each. But I would agree that Carr is probably an upgrade over what was out there last year for the Ravens, and maybe even over Smith given the fact that Smith is a perpetual injury waiting to happen.

Claiborne was probably graded on a curve as he missed alot of time due to injury and play. The 3 QBs you named had pretty good games against alot of defensive backfields lol.

Carr as i said will be solid for you guys i just dont see him as a lock down type as i think most are expecting

He's an upgrade to what we have. Good signing.