zenwalk

Hogan Comes Out Against Fracking!

23 posts in this topic

Well done! 

This might be the strongest anti-fracking statement a Republican governor has ever made. 

Democratic lawmakers in Maryland have long been pushing legislation that would issue a statewide ban on hydraulic fracturing, a controversial practice which entails injecting water, sand, and chemicals underground to crack shale rock and release oil and gas. In a surprise move on Friday afternoon, Maryland’s GOP Governor Larry Hogan announced his “full support” for that legislation, saying that after looking at the science, he concluded that “the possible environmental risks of fracking simply outweigh any potential benefits.”

https://newrepublic.com/minutes/141433/might-strongest-anti-fracking-statement-republican-governor-ever-made

Another point in the win column for Hogan and his even handed, level headed leadership.

Ok Hogan haters....suck it up and post an attah boy for Hogan.

BTW I am not  holding my breath.

Well done!

This might be the strongest anti-fracking statement a Republican governor has ever made.

Democratic lawmakers in Maryland have long been pushing legislation that would issue a statewide ban on hydraulic fracturing, a controversial practice which entails injecting water, sand, and chemicals underground to crack shale rock and release oil and gas. In a surprise move on Friday afternoon, Maryland’s GOP Governor Larry Hogan announced his “full support” for that legislation, saying that after looking at the science, he concluded that “the possible environmental risks of fracking simply outweigh any potential benefits.”

https://newrepublic.com/minutes/141433/might-strongest-anti-fracking-statement-republican-governor-ever-made

It's not like you will vote for him regardless.

Takes another issue away from the dems.

Glad Hogan did. If you read the article the bxll-less GA is all set for another moritorium ..till after the next election cycle (funny how that works) and MORE studies.

The dem led GA is the Justin Tucker of kicking cans down the road. But I am sure they will raise a fuss as always because Hogan called them out for the lame bags of do do they are.

It's not like you will vote for him regardless.

To be fair he can't since he doesn't live in MD but it does make you wonder why he is concerned about what happens in a place where he doesn't reside.  This is Locals after all.

Edited by Smokey 1

To be fair he can't since he doesn't live in MD but it does make you wonder why he is concerned about what happens in a place where he doesn't reside.  This is Locals after all.

Smoke... I wonder if you pay attention sometimes. You never noticed the number of non-MDers that stick 'der nose in our bidness'.

Smoke... I wonder if you pay attention sometimes. You never noticed the number of non-MDers that stick 'der nose in our bidness'.

He's noticed. It depends on whether he likes the non Marylander or not if their comments are allowed under his watch.

He's noticed. It depends on whether he likes the non Marylander or not if their comments are allowed under his watch.

Do you know where every poster here lives?  I don't.  I do know that zen has stated that he lives in California and I have no reason to believe he is lying.  In any case why is it a problem for you that I pointed that out in a question about him voting here and what is this nonsense about about comments allowed under my watch?   Apparently you don't think I have a right to comment on posts and give my opinion on a talk board.  I don't have a problem with out of staters posting on locals, I just wonder why at times. 

Edited by Smokey 1

Do you know where every poster here lives?  I don't.  I do know that zen has stated that he lives in California and I have no reason to believe he is lying.  In any case why is it a problem for you that I pointed that out in a question about him voting here and what is this nonsense about about comments allowed under my watch?   Apparently you don't think I have a right to comment on posts and give my opinion on a talk board.  I don't have a problem with out of staters posting on locals, I just wonder why at times. 

I have no problems with an outsider weighing in. An outside perspective is good.

However, I do have a problem when some 'acts' and comments like they live here and are experiencing what we in MD are.

Yah know....sort of like when....I living in BC county make negative comments about the city and some go all ape shxt because I shouldn't be commenting cause I don't live in the city. OF COURSE FORGETTING THAT MY TAX DOLLARS ARE HELPING KEEP THE CITY AFLOAT.

Which is totally unlike someone from NC or Cal. or England who is not kicking in one thin dime.

I agree. He will be difficult to run against in 2018

Well if Frosh runs and he keeps passing out get out of jail free cards, supporting sanctuary cities/states. and more gun control and so on. And considering that counties like Baltimore county and the city are over 50% minority. He could win.

They do like their freebies..

Well if Frosh runs and he keeps passing out get out of jail free cards, supporting sanctuary cities/states. and more gun control and so on. And considering that counties like Baltimore county and the city are over 50% minority. He could win.

They do like their freebies..

I'm a minority in Baltimore County. Where are my freebies you speak of?

And considering that counties like Baltimore county and the city are over 50% minority.

How could a minority be over 50%? Seems like you have painted yourself into a linguistic impossibility... ;)

How could a minority be over 50%? Seems like you have painted yourself into a linguistic impossibility... ;)

I don't want to bust his bubble but as of the 2010 census, Baltimore County was only 30% minority. Don't tell him. You'll ruin his day.  ^_^

Edited by bmore_ken