Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Calamari

Trump blew off Friday’s ‘major meeting’ about veterans’ healthcare with no explanation

21 posts in this topic

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/trump-blew-off-fridays-major-meeting-about-veterans-healthcare-with-no-explanation/

According to TheHill.com, “The event never appeared on Trump’s official schedule for the day and such a meeting has not been included in future schedules. Trump will have dinner with Ike Perlmutter, the Marvel CEO, on Saturday, according to pool reports. Trump had named Perlmutter as one of the people who he expected to attend his ‘major meeting’ on Friday.”

Trump ran afoul of veterans’ groups during the 2016 campaign when he claimed to have donated millions of dollars to veterans’ charities, a claim that the Washington Post‘s David Fahrenthold proved to be a lie.

The meeting’s abrupt cancelation is another easily-avoidable misstep by a White House that many D.C. insiders describe as inept, chaotic and riven by internal feuds.

He doesn't care about veterans, and never will.

Hope none voted for him thinking otherwise.

Like African Americans, the Veterans are just another group to pander to for votes and to use for saying the opposition is doing nothing for them.

From the article:

The Palm Beach Post said that Trump announced the meeting earlier on Friday with VA Secretary David Shulkin. Trump said it would be held at his private club because “that seems to be the most convenient location. Everybody always wants to go to the Southern White House.”

However, when he turned to confirm with Shulkin, saying, “You’re going to be there, right?”, Shulkin shook his head.

“You heard about it, though?” Trump asked, to which Shulkin nodded.

Fine tuned machine.

So this VA fellow shook and nodded to mean what?

Ike Perlmutter is Trump's go-to adviser on veterans affairs. Perlmutter lives in Palm Beach next to Mar-a-Lago; that's probably why a big "veterans affairs meeting" was scheduled. Seems like it was just dinner with Perlmutter.

I don't understand why Perlmutter is a qualified adviser on veterans affairs. Apparently he served with the Israeli Army in the Six-Day War. Seems like there are thousands/millions of other people, and many groups of people, that would be much more qualified to advise a President than Perlmutter. But Ben Carson is the HUD Secretary, so whatever I guess.

Donny dodged the draft during Vietnam. I doubt he relates to Veterans.

Donny dodged the draft during Vietnam. I doubt he relates to Veterans.

But he did say that he always wanted a Purple Heart.  And when he was gifted with one from a veteran he did comment "I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. This was much easier,"  So he can relate that much.  

But he did say that he always wanted a Purple Heart.  And when he was gifted with one from a veteran he did comment "I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. This was much easier,"  So he can relate that much.  

Sad.

Posted (edited)

He said avoiding sexually transmitted diseases in the 1980s was his Vietnam so maybe we should give him a break. Vaginas are landmines.

Trump Boasted of Avoiding STDs While Dating: Vaginas Are ‘Landmines … It Is My Personal Vietnam’

http://people.com/politics/trump-boasted-of-avoiding-stds-while-dating-vaginas-are-landmines-it-was-my-personal-vietnam/

Edited by zenwalk

I saw that on TV. It definitely wasn't a yes node...more like a 'huh, what did you say, what?'

For a man that is SSSSOOOOoooooo concern about austerity he sure doesn't show it. Ok not only fly his sorry butt to Florida but also Shulkin and everyone else so he can look at the ocean.

Can't wait till the summer and he picks out someplace way far away that is cooler (Camp David is not good enough)

HEY TRUMP....CUT A FEW TRIPS AND FEED A FEW VETS.!!!!!!!

Can'

"Trump ran afoul of veterans’ groups during the 2016 campaign when he claimed to have donated millions of dollars to veterans’ charities, a claim that the Washington Post‘s David Fahrenthold proved to be a lie."

Con-man, nothing more.

No he wasn't included.

Yes he knew about it.

But he did say that he always wanted a Purple Heart. And when he was gifted with one from a veteran he did comment "I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. This was much easier," So he can relate that much.

Well I'd like a Purple Heart. Just kinda assumed I'd have to earn it..

Turns out Trump blew it off to pay golf.

Turns out Trump blew it off to pay golf.

I kinda think we paid....

He's the devil! :o

Posted (edited)

He's the devil! :o

What do you have against the devil?  ;)

Besides, the devil is smart.

Edited by Chesapeake Spirit