25 replies to this topic

#1 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47,897 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:01 PM

Guy Who Shot Himself Blames Imaginary Black Guy in NYC

As a very smart colleague of mine notes, “not even imaginary black people can catch a break.”

When under suspicion or in trouble, just use a tactic as old as Methuselah—blame a black guy. Racism makes the explanation plausible, and even chief executives do it.

Anywho, the beat goes on. This time in New York City, a 20-year-old accidentally shot himself in the stomach at a Bronx park — and blamed it on a made-up African-American dude.

Naturally.

"As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality."
~George Washington

Has Obama Taken Away Your Guns Yet?

#2 Ode2Joy

Ode2Joy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • LocationZentralfriedhof

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:25 PM

Naturally.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.3002335

"When pressed, Palombo, who is Hispanic, described the shooter as a black man with a bald head."

Thread fail.

#3 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47,897 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:26 PM

How so?

"As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality."
~George Washington

#4 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,652 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:42 PM

"When pressed, Palombo, who is Hispanic, described the shooter as a black man with a bald head."

Thread fail.

I read the article and I'm having a hard time understanding how you are seeing a 'Thread fail".

Help me understand.

If we are here to help others, I often wonder what the others are here for. - Sir Thomas Robert Dewar

#5 volperdinger

volperdinger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:04 PM

I read the article and I'm having a hard time understanding how you are seeing a 'Thread fail".

Help me understand.

Try harder, and think like a squid.

#6 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47,897 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:05 PM

More like thread diversion attempt.

Must have struck a nerve.

Edited by Calamari, 19 March 2017 - 06:05 PM.

~George Washington

#7 volperdinger

volperdinger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:07 PM

More like thread diversion attempt.

Must have struck a nerve.

If someone throws you a left hook, it's best not to lean into it.

#8 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,652 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:09 PM

Try harder, and think like a squid.

I was addressing another poster.

That's a nice suit you're wearing, vloperdinger. Your ears could use a trim though. 

If we are here to help others, I often wonder what the others are here for. - Sir Thomas Robert Dewar

#9 FourTwenty

FourTwenty

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:19 PM

None of the Trumpanzee deplorables actually have the guts to explain why they believe it's a thread fail.

#10 ODENTON

ODENTON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,178 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:35 PM

Naturally.

Dam, give a brother a break.

Thread fail.

Dude explain yourself...........................................................................Damit!

Edited by ODENTON, 19 March 2017 - 06:36 PM.

#11 mrsmlh

mrsmlh

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,816 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:38 PM

Dude explain yourself...........................................................................Damit!

I will be very surprised if you get an explanation other than somehow blaming it on Calamari

#12 EGoldstein

EGoldstein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:44 PM

Thread fail.

Was it the same black guy that attacked the young Republican Ashley Todd and carved a B in her cheek?

#13 jdsample

jdsample

The Doctor is In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,674 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:42 PM

Good for you, you found another nut!  When Calamari finds a nut it is always a story of National significance.  

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We are all Keynesians now.
Richard M. Nixon

Cynicism--the intellectual cripple's substitute for intelligence.
Joseph Russell Lynes Jr.

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
Eric Hoffer

#14 ODENTON

ODENTON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,178 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:49 PM

Good for you, you found another nut!  When Calamari finds a nut it is always a story of National significance.

and when you find one (donald) it's always a national embarrassment..........................just sayin'

#15 Manny

Manny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,310 posts
  • LocationEastern Shore of Maryland

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:19 PM

The OP, based on his history, must have not read beyond the headline. He assumed and desperately hoped the hoaxer was a white guy.

#16 mrsmlh

mrsmlh

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,816 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:40 PM

So no other explanation as to why it's a thread fail except to blame the person who started the thread.   :D  :D

#17 jdsample

jdsample

The Doctor is In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,674 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:24 AM

So no other explanation as to why it's a thread fail except to blame the person who started the thread. :D :D

At the risk of belaboring the obvious to everyone, some Hispanic dude shot himself and then made up a lie about how he was shot. And said it was a Black guy. A story of national importance? My God the humanity! Trump should have done something! But feel free to revel in your outrage. Maybe we should deport all Hispanics so they don't shoot themselves and blame black people! Or we deport imaginary Black people?

I hope it is clear how massive a failure this thread is. One nutty Hispanic did something stupid and lied about it. I am shocked this is not on the front page of every paper in the world!

Edited by Baltimatt, 20 March 2017 - 05:46 AM.
Language

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We are all Keynesians now.
Richard M. Nixon

Cynicism--the intellectual cripple's substitute for intelligence.
Joseph Russell Lynes Jr.

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
Eric Hoffer

#18 mrsmlh

mrsmlh

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,816 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:13 AM

At the risk of belaboring the obvious to everyone, some Hispanic dude shot himself and then made up a lie about how he was shot. And said it was a Black guy. A story of national importance? My God the humanity! Trump should have done something! But feel free to revel in your outrage. Maybe we should deport all Hispanics so they don't shoot themselves and blame black people! Or we deport imaginary Black people?

I hope it is clear how massive a failure this thread is. One nutty Hispanic did something stupid and lied about it. I am shocked this is not on the front page of every paper in the world!

It is not a thread failure just because it's not about Trump or Republicans vs Democrats.  It is a thread failure in the eyes of those posters who do not like Calamari and think the only reason she posted it was because she thought the guy was white not Hispanic. Of course, you never see those same posters say that about genghis, etc. for all the black crime stories he posts.  As a matter of fact, I don't remember you saying that they weren't news either.

#19 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47,897 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:33 AM

Why does it matter so much to you that the hoaxer was hispanic?

~George Washington

#20 Ode2Joy

Ode2Joy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • LocationZentralfriedhof

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:20 AM

It is not a thread failure just because it's not about Trump or Republicans vs Democrats. It is a thread failure in the eyes of those posters who do not like Calamari and think the only reason she posted it was because she thought the guy was white not Hispanic. Of course, you never see those same posters say that about genghis, etc. for all the black crime stories he posts. As a matter of fact, I don't remember you saying that they weren't news either.

See? Even you were able to figure out the likely motive for the OP starting this thread based on habit.

That wasn't so hard, was it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users