32 replies to this topic

#21 zenwalk

zenwalk

Pundit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48,444 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:20 PM

Hard to know what to make out of the story  without more information including something resembling a motive. My initial guess is that mental illness may be involved.

Sure sounds like it. Seems pretty pointless.

"A screaming comes across the sky. . ." -- Thomas Pynchon

#22 Chesapeake Spirit

Chesapeake Spirit

King of the Neanderthals

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,879 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:34 PM

No evidence of a hate crime, real or fake.

Panem et Circenses :rolleyes:

#23 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,822 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:35 PM

I hope that you will be able to make up your own mind based on the facts as reported about this crime without having someone explain it to you.

You had no trouble making up intentions and wrongly attributing them to me and Twister earlier and lying that we were defending they guy who committed the felony.

My mind was made up the instant I finished reading the article. Technically Carey committed a felony under Virginia law. A law that was obviously directed specifically toward the Ku Klux Klan. 

In my opinion, since Carey is obviously not a Klan member, the charge should have been vandalism. I don't think what he did rises to "intent to intimidate a person or group of persons" which the law requires. He did not provide the cross himself, nor the flammable material which created the fire.

Twister, in the OP, referred to this as 'another Klan/Trump inspired hate crime'. Foretelling the fact she had no intention of having a rational discussion of the incident.

As for your comment in post #2, well you know your own intentions and I think you're upset because I called you both out on it.

Edited by FatBoy, 20 March 2017 - 01:04 PM.

If we are here to help others, I often wonder what the others are here for. - Sir Thomas Robert Dewar

#24 ncbirdfan

ncbirdfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:14 PM

My mind was made up the instant I finished reading the article. Technically Carey committed a felony under Virginia law. A law that was obviously directed specifically toward the Ku Klux Klan. 

In my opinion, since Carey is obviously not a Klan member, the charge should have been vandalism. I don't think what he did rises to "intent to intimidate a person or group of persons" which the law requires. He did not provide the cross himself, nor the flammable material which created the fire.

Twister, in the OP, referred to this as 'another Klan/Trump inspired hate crime'. Foretelling the fact she had no intention of having a rational discussion of the incident.

As for your comment in post #2, well you know your own intentions and I think you're upset because I called you both out on it.

+1

#25 bogart

bogart

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:22 PM

LOL, ode reminds me of a lady that use to post here that live in East Baltimore and posted all the time about crime in the city.

#26 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,822 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:03 AM

LOL, ode reminds me of a lady that use to post here that live in East Baltimore and posted all the time about crime in the city.

Yea. Looks like ode2 and twister have cut and run so we can just put this thread to bed.

If we are here to help others, I often wonder what the others are here for. - Sir Thomas Robert Dewar

#27 Twister

Twister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:13 PM

Deplorable.  Lock him up.

#28 blowboatbethesda

blowboatbethesda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:19 PM

Can't wait to hear more of your tales of Utopia in Baltimore.

#29 blowboatbethesda

blowboatbethesda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:21 PM

Yea. Looks like ode2 and twister have cut and run so we can just put this thread to bed.

No matter what Twister and Ode post, people continue to die by violence in Baltimore City. 

Try putting that fact to bed.

#30 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,822 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:25 PM

No matter what Twister and Ode post, people continue to die by violence in Baltimore City. 

Try putting that fact to bed.

This thread isn't about Baltimore City. If you don't like the violence in Baltimore, move.

#31 blowboatbethesda

blowboatbethesda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:30 PM

This thread isn't about Baltimore City. If you don't like the violence in Baltimore, move.

Your buddy bogart made it so. 

#32 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,822 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:22 PM

Your buddy bogart made it so. 

Do you have any comment of the subject of the thread?

Edited by FatBoy, 21 March 2017 - 04:23 PM.

#33 blowboatbethesda

blowboatbethesda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:26 PM

Do you have any comment of the subject of the thread?

Yeah. The perp is an idiot and should be tried, convicted and jailed.

Happy?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users