Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SemiAuto

What Does It Mean to Have a 'Right' to Health Care?

156 posts in this topic

The same as it makes me for having the state pay for infrastructure, military, CDC etc. etc.

You're not getting of this, are you?

Actually I do. The MIC is a poster child for why you don't want government to pay for things. How do progressives consistently miss this?

Insurance is by definition pre-paying. It guarantees coverage of losses (of property, life, health) in the FUTURE.

Insurance is a pooled risk. 'Health insurance' is pre-paying. The article explains the difference.

Actually I do. The MIC is a poster child for why you don't want government to pay for things. How do progressives consistently miss this?

Who should pay for the armed services then? Should we pass a tambourine around for contributions?

So you are advocating for the government to penalize folks who smoke and drink alcohol for the betterment of a healthy population?

Don't forget the mountaineers, non-helmeted cyclists, sky divers, boy racers, general grossly obese, pear shaped lumps of lard, etc, etc, etc ...

Who should pay for the armed services then? Should we pass a tambourine around for contributions?

Don't forget to fill in your own pot holes. ;)

Don't forget to fill in your own pot holes. ;)

That's money out of other people's pockets. I'm in CA. We don 't have pot holes, just pot.

Here is a hint: To raise and support armies, but no appropriation of money to that use shall be for a longer term than two years;

The US was not supposed to have a standing army. :)

Can't wait to see the governments allowed maximum daily calorie intake... minimum required time per day exercising... Maximum amount of time to spent in the sun  with relief if the proper amount of government approved sun block is used, with documentation. The advantages are ... endless!

Your too late, plenty of cities including NYC and Baltimore had/have sluppy taxes and size taxes and sugar taxes. Heck right here in MD... I think it was one of those super lib counties banned sugary drinks from vending machines. I think a few states also threw in 'gas guzzler' taxes on vehicles.....oh yay the Feds mandate that a car get X mileage.

You do know that McD;s only has those healthy Happy Meals (carrots and stuff) because of goooberment pressure. Sort of like the car companies that have this toaster ovens with wheels that get FANTASTIC gas mileage....but you will die in if  you run into a bunny rabbit...and no one will buy. But it is there so the AVG mpg is good across the board so people will buy vans and trucks etc.

Like it or not we are being manipulated by the minority of hair on fire do gooders.

Here is a hint: To raise and support armies, but no appropriation of money to that use shall be for a longer term than two years;

The US was not supposed to have a standing army. :)

The 18th century is long gone.  

Insurance is a pooled risk. 'Health insurance' is pre-paying. The article explains the difference.

Because insurance covers annual checkups? Why yes, that is certainly a compelling point. I'd wager annual checkups probably amount to at least 1-2% of the average person's health care costs over their lifetime.

This article belies the most basic critical thinking. Free markets will solve healthcare! Except it never has, anywhere.

Because insurance covers annual checkups? Why yes, that is certainly a compelling point. I'd wager annual checkups probably amount to at least 1-2% of the average person's health care costs over their lifetime.

This article belies the most basic critical thinking. Free markets will solve healthcare! Except it never has, anywhere.

The only way an article like that works is to belie the most basic critical thinking :D

Because uncritical thinkers won't let it try.

As the article points out:

Governments at all levels have created the problems that politicians and their consultants tell us only they can solve by force. Intervention stimulates demand by distorting prices and restricts supply by, among other ways, limiting the number of insurers and practitioners through occupational licensing and permitting, capping the number of hospitals and medical schools through accreditation, and making drugs and devices more expensive through the Food and Drug Administration's bureaucratic rules and, importantly, patents. The system is riddled with government-sponsored cartels.

In the face of this the only answer is more of what doesn't work and an aversion to trying something that works in other sectors.

That's such a mature approach :rolleyes:

Your avatar is a mature approach .....

"Free markets" will not cure all ills for sure, but they do make routine, run of the mill, drugs far cheaper over here than you guys have to pay.

Posted (edited)

Because uncritical thinkers won't let it try.

As the article points out:

In the face of this the only answer is more of what doesn't work and an aversion to trying something that works in other sectors.

Are you serious.

Let's see: single payer healthcare works in every other advanced country. Our system, a hybrid of market and govt, is the most expensive BY FAR, with poorer results than most advanced countries.

So you look at that and say, well clearly the answer is to go with a never successful system of pure market? Cuz going with the proven system of a couple dozen countries would....some drivel about slaves and human rights.

How absurd.

Edited by ms maggie

Would you prefer a chimp with a shirt and a bad hairdo?

Posted (edited)

Are you serious.

Let's see: single payer healthcare works in every other advanced country. Our system, a hybrid of market and govt, is the most expensive BY FAR, with poorer results than most advanced countries.

So you look at that and say, well clearly the answer is to go with a never successful system of pure market? Cuz going with the proven system of a couple dozen countries would....some drivel about slaves and human rights.

How absurd.

If you think slavery and human rights are drivel then you go first.

Markets work in just about every economic sector they're used in but for some absurd reason this cannot be contemplated for healthcare.

Edited by SemiAuto

My avatar is as mature as the person it's mocking... sorry it hurts your Trumpanzee feelings

If you think slavery and human rights are drivel then you go first.

WOW, that's an incredibly dishonest take on what maggie posted... incredibly dishonest even for you

Would you prefer a chimp with a shirt and a bad hairdo?

That one was also very mature ....

I can't pay for this much entertainment. Keep it up guys :lol: :lol: :lol: