mop

Odds on John Harbaugh joining his brother-in-law's pink slip status after this year

34 posts in this topic

I'm putting a 60% probability John H is coaching college after the end of this upcoming Ravens season. Ozzie will retire and John will be coaching at Notre Dame.

I think there's no chance Ozzie retires and no chance Harbaugh is fired unless the team misses the playoffs.

I'm putting a 60% probability John H is coaching college after the end of this upcoming Ravens season. Ozzie will retire and John will be coaching at Notre Dame.

Just as long as we don't end up with Brian Kelly....

Typical Yinzer post.

If the Ravens miss the playoffs Habs is gone. Book it!

I'd say that depends on "why". If Flacco got hit in Week 1 and fractured his tibia or shoulder and was lost for the season, an 8-8 season and not making the playoffs would not be on Harbs. If Joe throws 45+ passes a game and the running game is non-existent, that's another story.

Another 8-8 season and no play-offs will probably force Bisciotti to do what he probably doesn't want to do- move on to the next head coach.  The fan base will be angry and frustrated and he can't afford to risk seeing even more empty seats in 2018.  I do think this is a make or break year for Harbaugh.

I think Harbaugh may be entering Marvin Lewis territory where he won't be fired, even if we miss the playoffs this year. Now, if the team stays healthy and implodes, I could see him go. He has seemed to be on the verge of losing the locker room in the past but as long as the team plays hard and continues to be competitive I don't think he's going to lose his job anytime soon.

I think Harbaugh may be entering Marvin Lewis territory where he won't be fired, even if we miss the playoffs this year.

I'm still baffled how that guy still has a head coaching job.

Me too.

However, it's been more to do with QB play (and injuries) as to why they haven't advanced than coaching.

I think stability at the HC position is undervalued in the NFL but it does appear as if Biscotti values it. We'll see.

Me too.

However, it's been more to do with QB play (and injuries) as to why they haven't advanced than coaching.

I think stability at the HC position is undervalued in the NFL but it does appear as if Biscotti values it. We'll see.

He still has the Super Bowl on his resume and we can look at San Francisco to see how NOT to do it.

He still has the Super Bowl on his resume and we can look at San Francisco to see how NOT to do it.

Right, but SF was a train wreck from top to bottom. Our FO is light years ahead of theirs.

Typical Yinzer post.

When I read this, I thought it was authored by OCF. Whatever happened to that guy?

Cincy is paying him cheap. As long as he accepts no problem. Next coach would want more.

When I read this, I thought it was authored by OCF. Whatever happened to that guy?

Yeah what did happen to him?

Maybe he's actually Mel Kiper and he's prepping for the draft.

If you don't want Harbaugh who would you replace him with? Andy Reid.

I figured we could hear him from time to time. 

If you don't want Harbaugh who would you replace him with? Andy Reid.

I think this is the factor that will most decide his future with the Ravens. If he has another so-so year and misses the playoffs, I don't think that alone will lead to his termination. SB really seems to place a great deal of value on continuity. If next season is like this past season, and a good coach is available, I think JH will be replaced. If Ozzie and SB are looking at mediocre options, or guys with no HC experience, that don't absolutely dazzle them. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep JH. Even if it's on a year to year basis.

It depends on performance. Steve Biscotti made a statement a few years back that missing the playoffs was acceptable in one year, but would not be tolerated going forward. The Ravens have missed the playoffs in consecutive seasons and 3 out of 4 seasons. They also coincidentally happen to be the 4 seasons after the end of the Ray Lewis era. I don't think Harbaugh survives 3 consecutive years of not making the playoffs. Personally, I think that Newsome should be held accountable as well. The Ravens recent drafts have not been as productive as in the past and he has continually failed to draft dynamic offensive playmakers. But I don't think Biscotti would go that far. I do think he will get rid of Harbuagh if the Ravens don't make the playoffs this season. Three straight years and 4 out of 5 after the Ray Lewis era will simply be too much for Biscotti to not feel like he needs to move in a different direction.

I think if he misses the playoffs at 9-7 he stays. If he misses the playoffs at 8-8 he's gone.

I think if he misses the playoffs at 9-7 he stays. If he misses the playoffs at 8-8 he's gone.

Can you give us some specifics? These vague statements don't do it for me ;)

If we miss the playoffs and it's not due to a litany of bad injuries, I think he is gone.