mop

Odds on John Harbaugh joining his brother-in-law's pink slip status after this year

35 posts in this topic

When I read this, I thought it was authored by OCF. Whatever happened to that guy?

Anybody know what the deal is with OCF? Perhaps he found a woman and realized there is much more to life than this board. Maybe he is suspended? Can we designate somebody on this board to take his place during draft day to let us know how stupid Ozzie's draft picks are?

Anybody know what the deal is with OCF? Perhaps he found a woman and realized there is much more to life than this board. Maybe he is suspended? Can we designate somebody on this board to take his place during draft day to let us know how stupid Ozzie's draft picks are?

I'm not sure but I've noticed the board is not as agitated and a lot calmer than it has been since he's been MIA. But in fairness, also less entertaining bc there's no drama anymore or nobody calling somebody a 'poseur' or 'welcher' or his many other euphemisms he enjoyed flinging around.

If we miss the playoffs and it's not due to a litany of bad injuries, I think he is gone. 

I tend to agree, but it's pretty tough to say. 

That said, they should make the playoffs, unless they have a littany of injuries.  If not, then yeah, you have to look at the coaching.

I don't think the Ravens are a lock to make the playoffs. The general consensus seems to be that the Ravens are grouped with the Dolphins, Bengals, Colts, and Chiefs as far as superbowl contenders. Ranked above them in the AFC is the odds on favorite, of course, New England, followed by Pittsburgh, Oakland, and either Denver or Houston assuming one of them ends up with Tony Romo. I agree with that assessment. The Ravens have some definite positives, but they also still have a lot of unfilled holes and question marks. They still have a desperate need for pass rushers on defense, a need for a #1 WR on offense, and problems on the O-line to fill. It's unrealistic to think that all can come from the draft. I also think it is fair to question Flacco. His mechanics have regressed the last few years. Even though he was coming off of an injury last year, he was more inconsistent than ever in his career. I don't think it is fair to assume that he will automatically return to the Flacco of their super bowl era, especially if they don't fix the O-line before the start of the season. A lot will change before the season, but right now I see them again as an 8-8, 9-7 team that will fight a bunch of other teams for one of the wild card spots.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2700481-brs-nfl-super-bowl-odds-after-early-free-agency?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

I'm not sure but I've noticed the board is not as agitated and a lot calmer than it has been since he's been MIA. But in fairness, also less entertaining bc there's no drama anymore or nobody calling somebody a 'poseur' or 'welcher' or his many other euphemisms he enjoyed flinging around.

I agree. It has been a lot calmer. I think the only person who knows what happened to him is James Dean. I haven't even seen him on here in awhile. I always have thought this board was the highlight of OCF's day. I sure hope he is just suspended and not having any kind of health problems or anything serious like that.

There are no locks to make the playoffs, except New England.

So no, the Ravens aren't a lock at all.

I don't even know how they're considered a lock by anyone with the holes the team has.

I don't even know how they're considered a lock by anyone with the holes the team has.

It was a poor choice of wording by me. I was responding to the comment that said they should make the playoffs. I agree that this team still has too many holes to be considered a team that should make the playoffs. I don't have them winning the division and I wouldn't place them at any better than 50/50 to beat out the other wild card contenders.

It was a poor choice of wording by me. I was responding to the comment that said they should make the playoffs. I agree that this team still has too many holes to be considered a team that should make the playoffs. I don't have them winning the division and I wouldn't place them at any better than 50/50 to beat out the other wild card contenders.

Agree. Our WR corps is Breshad Perriman & Wallace. Our best TE is in his 30s with 2 hip replacements, we have backups and redshirts at 2 spots on the O-line.

Once any starter on offense gets injured its a major loss. I think we're 2 years away at this point.