Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ODENTON

Armed teacher who kidnapped student found

39 posts in this topic

It's been a week, and still, there is no sign of the 15-year-old girl or the Culleoka, Tennessee, high school teacher charged with abducting her weeks after another student reported seeing the two kissing.

A lawyer for Elizabeth Thomas' father said the teen's alleged abductor is armed, dangerous and "obviously a man who is not in control of his faculties."

He potentially may have them sleeping in the vehicle or Cummins may have driven them far away from Tennessee to a rural community. Having now been on the run for more than five days, Cummins may have taken her, frankly, anywhere," the Amber Alert update said.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/19/us/tennessee-teacher-manhunt/

See Something, Say Something

I hope they find the creep and lock him up. That is a special kind of crazy.

It appears that nobody told the parents about the kissing report previously.  

Posted (edited)

I hope they find the creep and lock him up. That is a special kind of crazy.

This occurred locally and this guy is fairly well known in the community, (Culleoka (pop. approx 5000) is a spot in the road about 7 or 8 miles from the town I live in. It has its own schools).

It was reported locally this morning that on the day of her disappearance, the girl told her younger sister that if she wasn't home by 6:00 PM to call the police. 

Edited by Wild Eyed Southern Boy

some sick people out here, keep your eyes open.

A while back a young woman was abducted in Philly and was spotted/rescued near a shopping center in Jessup.

This occurred locally and this guy is fairly well known in the community, (Culleoka (pop. approx 5000) is a spot in the road about 7 or 8 miles from the town I live in. It has its own schools).

It was reported locally this morning that on the day of her disappearance, the girl told her younger sister that if she wasn't home by 6:00 PM to call the police. 

That's odd. It sounds like she went with him willingly but was worried enough to try to cover her bases.

That's odd. It sounds like she went with him willingly but was worried enough to try to cover her bases.

It is a strange story. I believe she willing went with him. She considered him to be her best friend.

That's what I thought too.

Something is weird here. I have friends and family that know his kids and they are devastated by this.

Something is weird here. I have friends and family that know his kids and they are devastated by this.

Well, let them know we are thinking about them and hope everything works out.

Posted (edited)

It appears that nobody told the parents about the kissing report previously.

This is strange, you'd think the school would at least have notified the parents.

Then again, I would have thought a teacher kissing a student...... automatic firing.

It seems the perp was in the supermarket days before...in the hair dye section.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3139214/tad-cummins-elizabeth-thomas-alleged-kidnap/

Edited by ODENTON

I'm sure that both families are devastated, he's ruined many people's lives.  Hopefully the girl is found unharmed and soon.

Posted (edited)

I'm sure that both families are devastated, he's ruined many people's lives.  Hopefully the girl is found unharmed and soon.

She is one of ten kids. She and her siblings were placed in the custody of her father after neglect and abuse charges were filed against her mother last year, (everybody knows everbody else's business in small towns).

She was also home-schooled up until recently. I've read other stories of how kids who were long term home schooled and tried to integrate into the public schools and did not do well.

I'm almost to the point of wondering if she saw this as an escape from the life she's known.

She is one of ten kids. She and her siblings were placed in the custody of her father after neglect and abuse charges were filed against her mother last year, (everybody knows everbody else's business in small towns).

She was also home-schooled up until recently. I've read other stories of how kids who were long term home schooled and tried to integrate into the public schools and did not do well.

I'm almost to the point of wondering if she saw this as an escape from the life she's known.

Good point, given the background information you provided. It also makes sense that he found her an easy target that he could "groom."  

Posted (edited)

This thing is generating more questions by the hour.

It's already come up, "bullying" is going to be a topic, along with the "kissing event".

This a K-12 school with around 1000 students.The kiss in the classroom was seen by a 12 yr old who told somebody, who told somebody else, ad infinitum, resulting in the teacher getting in well deserved trouble.

However, the 12 yr old was the one bullied, because this male teacher is/was very popular with the students.

The girl's name is Elizabeth Thomas, but everybody at school calls her Mary Catherine and according to the teachers there, she is no shrinking violet. 

My question about her previous homeschooling causing an adjustment problem is apparently off the mark, because she apparently is well known & liked by her peers at the school.

I'm wondering if there's going to be some other people caught up in this.

This thing is generating more questions by the hour.

It's already come up, "bullying" is going to be a topic, along with the "kissing event".

This a K-12 school with around 1000 students.The kiss in the classroom was seen by a 12 yr old who told somebody, who told somebody else, ad infinitum, resulting in the teacher getting in well deserved trouble.

However, the 12 yr old was the one bullied, because this male teacher is/was very popular with the students.

The girl's name is Elizabeth Thomas, but everybody at school calls her Mary Catherine and according to the teachers there, she is no shrinking violet. 

My question about her previous homeschooling causing an adjustment problem is apparently off the mark, because she apparently is well known & liked by her peers at the school.

I'm wondering if there's going to be some other people caught up in this.

From what I understand, the teacher was a family man who attended church regularly. I saw his wife's tearful plea. I feel bad for his family as well.

Posted (edited)

From what I understand, the teacher was a family man who attended church regularly. I saw his wife's tearful plea. I feel bad for his family as well.

Yeah, the same Church of Christ that I grew up in. (I know, I know, I'm what they refer to as a "backslider". CoC - all of the Catholic guilt with none of the alcohol.)

My own daughter told me last night that she couldn't imagine that he would do this to his family. And then told me what she would do to me if I ever embarrassed her and her sister like that. "Remember, dad I'm the one that will pick out your nursing home". 

Good point, given the background information you provided. It also makes sense that he found her an easy target that he could "groom."

have to wonder if he's done this before with a vulnerable student and never got caught.

He should've been fired a while back and not allowed around the students.

The sooner the perv is caught the better......seems he prepared for this a while back, but he'll slip up.

Posted (edited)

have to wonder if he's done this before with a vulnerable student and never got caught.

He should've been fired a while back and not allowed around the students.

The sooner the perv is caught the better......seems he prepared for this a while back, but he'll slip up.

The kids say no. He was very popular with the students. You simply can't hide that in this small of a town.

This thing is going to take a weird turn before it's over.

The kids say no. He was very popular with the students.

This thing is going to take a weird turn before it's over.

and used to his sick benefit apparently.

I hope her father gets his child back.

Yeah, the same Church of Christ that I grew up in. (I know, I know, I'm what they refer to as a "backslider". CoC - all of the Catholic guilt with none of the alcohol.)

My own daughter told me last night that she couldn't imagine that he would do this to his family. And then told me what she would do to me if I ever embarrassed her and her sister like that. "Remember, dad I'm the one that will pick out your nursing home". 

It simply makes no sense. Just crazy.

Posted (edited)

Man wanted in Tenn. teen's disappearance may be in Texas

Earlier Thursday, the family of a missing Tennessee girl called the last 10 days the most difficult in their lives in a letter that asked for continued prayers.

"The family has been overwhelmed with the kindness shown to us by the Maury County (Tenn.) community and beyond," the single-page letter released through attorney S. Jason Whatley reads. "We humbly ask that you continue to pray as we do our best to cope with the emotional weight of Elizabeth's abduction."

"We are desperate for any information that might lead to our daughter. The information that we need is not only from what people have seen and heard after Elizabeth's disappearance, but also from before. Facts about prior events, especially interaction between Elizabeth and Tad Cummins and statements made by both parties to third parties, may very well contain clues to lead to Elizabeth's return... Elizabeth must be found. Time is of the essence."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/03/23/missing-tennessee-teen-elizabeth-thomas-teacher-tad-cummins/99542696/

Authorities have been looking for a silver Nissan Rogue with Tennessee license plate 976ZPT.

Edited by ODENTON

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) confirmed new sightings and images Friday of missing 15-year-old Elizabeth Thomas and her 50-year-old abductor, Tad Cummins.

Cummins' wife, Jill, also publicly announced her intention to file for divorce.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/missing-tennessee-teenager-alleged-abductor-tad-cummins-seen-new-photos-n741241

The perv can't hide forever.

For the pictures being posted like the ones from the store, she doesn't look to be trying to get away from him. It is wrong of him to be with her but she looks like she went on her own.

For the pictures being posted like the ones from the store, she doesn't look to be trying to get away from him. It is wrong of him to be with her but she looks like she went on her own.

She's a minor - end of story.

Posted (edited)

She's a minor - end of story.

True - No excuses for him. Children aren't known for making the best choices, that's why they have custodial adults to make decisions for them.

This past week some other things came out about why her mother lost custody and had criminal charges filed against her. It involved exploitation of a minor(s).

I'm starting to think this kid never had a chance at a normal life.