44 replies to this topic

#21 ODENTON

ODENTON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:25 AM

Man wanted in Tenn. teen's disappearance may be in Texas

Earlier Thursday, the family of a missing Tennessee girl called the last 10 days the most difficult in their lives in a letter that asked for continued prayers.

"The family has been overwhelmed with the kindness shown to us by the Maury County (Tenn.) community and beyond," the single-page letter released through attorney S. Jason Whatley reads. "We humbly ask that you continue to pray as we do our best to cope with the emotional weight of Elizabeth's abduction."

"We are desperate for any information that might lead to our daughter. The information that we need is not only from what people have seen and heard after Elizabeth's disappearance, but also from before. Facts about prior events, especially interaction between Elizabeth and Tad Cummins and statements made by both parties to third parties, may very well contain clues to lead to Elizabeth's return... Elizabeth must be found. Time is of the essence."

http://www.usatoday....mmins/99542696/

Authorities have been looking for a silver Nissan Rogue with Tennessee license plate 976ZPT.

Edited by ODENTON, 24 March 2017 - 10:26 AM.

#22 ODENTON

ODENTON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:16 AM

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) confirmed new sightings and images Friday of missing 15-year-old Elizabeth Thomas and her 50-year-old abductor, Tad Cummins.

Cummins' wife, Jill, also publicly announced her intention to file for divorce.

http://www.nbcnews.c...-photos-n741241

The perv can't hide forever.

#23 stevez51

stevez51

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:20 PM

For the pictures being posted like the ones from the store, she doesn't look to be trying to get away from him. It is wrong of him to be with her but she looks like she went on her own.

#24 ncbirdfan

ncbirdfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:30 PM

For the pictures being posted like the ones from the store, she doesn't look to be trying to get away from him. It is wrong of him to be with her but she looks like she went on her own.

She's a minor - end of story.

#25 Wild Eyed Southern Boy

Wild Eyed Southern Boy

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:33 PM

True - No excuses for him. Children aren't known for making the best choices, that's why they have custodial adults to make decisions for them.

This past week some other things came out about why her mother lost custody and had criminal charges filed against her. It involved exploitation of a minor(s).

I'm starting to think this kid never had a chance at a normal life.

Edited by Wild Eyed Southern Boy, 03 April 2017 - 05:38 PM.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." --Martin Luther King Jr.

#26 stevez51

stevez51

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:43 PM

I know that. It just seems like she wanted to get away from her family.

#27 ODENTON

ODENTON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:21 PM

So what, this perv has damaged two families for his own perverted reason. As stated, she's a minor.

#28 Dystopia

Dystopia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:52 PM

There's no way you can know that from just pictures. Any reasonable person would deduce that she was compliant because she was scared. Resisting a hostile threat that you know is armed is generally not something you can expect someone to do. 

#29 naive

naive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,917 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:10 PM

They found them!

https://gma.yahoo.co...topstories.html

#30 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,224 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:54 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2...sted/index.html

If we are here to help others, I often wonder what the others are here for. - Sir Thomas Robert Dewar

#31 PinkFlamingo

PinkFlamingo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:56 PM

I'm curious to see what the girl has to say.

#32 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,224 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:58 PM

Me too. 

If we are here to help others, I often wonder what the others are here for. - Sir Thomas Robert Dewar

#33 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,603 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:12 PM

It would be nice if she could deal with this privately. Her story may well come out in trial, but this is for her and her family to deal with at this time.
Dieser Weg wird kein leichter sein; dieser Weg wird steinig und schwer.
Nicht mit vielen wirst du dir einig sein, doch dieses Leben bietet so viel mehr. --Xavier Naidoo

#34 PinkFlamingo

PinkFlamingo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:15 PM

It would be nice if she could deal with this privately. Her story may well come out in trial, but this is for her and her family to deal with at this time.

I'd like to hear what she says prior to coaching by parents and lawyers.
I know it's no one's business...just curious.

#35 SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:19 PM

True - No excuses for him. Children aren't known for making the best choices, that's why they have custodial adults to make decisions for them.

This past week some other things came out about why her mother lost custody and had criminal charges filed against her. It involved exploitation of a minor(s).

I'm starting to think this kid never had a chance at a normal life.

Yahooooo, it's Tennessee:

http://www.cnn.com/2...-law/index.html

"(CNN) — Tennessee's kidnapping law is a little ... well, toothless when it comes to youngsters the age of Elizabeth Thomas, the 15-year-old allegedly abducted by her former teacher, according to the prosecutor in the case.

The way it's written now, the statute lets children older than 12 decide whether to leave their families, unless their removal or confinement "is accomplished by force, threat or fraud.

As it stands, to prove the kidnapping of a victim who is 12 or older, Cooper said, he'd have to prove that Elizabeth was unlawfully removed or had her freedom restricted. "

I guess if one is a pedo, Tenn is the place to be? Kind of ironic/hypocritical that such a lenient law is in the heart of the Bible belt.

Edited by SmarterThanYou, 20 April 2017 - 02:20 PM.

#36 Wild Eyed Southern Boy

Wild Eyed Southern Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:52 PM

Yahooooo, it's Tennessee:

http://www.cnn.com/2...-law/index.html

"(CNN) — Tennessee's kidnapping law is a little ... well, toothless when it comes to youngsters the age of Elizabeth Thomas, the 15-year-old allegedly abducted by her former teacher, according to the prosecutor in the case.

The way it's written now, the statute lets children older than 12 decide whether to leave their families, unless their removal or confinement "is accomplished by force, threat or fraud.

As it stands, to prove the kidnapping of a victim who is 12 or older, Cooper said, he'd have to prove that Elizabeth was unlawfully removed or had her freedom restricted. "

I guess if one is a pedo, Tenn is the place to be? Kind of ironic/hypocritical that such a lenient law is in the heart of the Bible belt.

Attorney Jason Whatley, who is representing Elizabeth's father, told CNN the kidnapping statute might not matter in Cummins' case, especially if he crossed state lines with Elizabeth, triggering federal kidnapping laws. He predicted the ex-teacher would face "scores of charges once we find him. "I think Tad Cummins will have violated so many laws, I think he's finished," Whatley said.

That doesn't sound exactly "toothless".

I always thought that if I ever sat on a jury where a victim's father exacted his own punishment on somebody like this...................... maybe "Jury nullification" has a place in the judicial system.

Edited by Wild Eyed Southern Boy, 20 April 2017 - 05:01 PM.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." --Martin Luther King Jr.

#37 SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:26 PM

Attorney Jason Whatley, who is representing Elizabeth's father, told CNN the kidnapping statute might not matter in Cummins' case, especially if he crossed state lines with Elizabeth, triggering federal kidnapping laws. He predicted the ex-teacher would face "scores of charges once we find him. "I think Tad Cummins will have violated so many laws, I think he's finished," Whatley said.

That doesn't sound exactly "toothless".

I always thought that if I ever sat on a jury where a victim's father exacted his own punishment on somebody like this...................... maybe "Jury nullification" has a place in the judicial system.

The Feds will get him. Yes, there are several legal vehicles to lock this guy up. Not implying he will get off scot free.

But the Tenn law is still on the books, and it's a joke.

Edited by SmarterThanYou, 20 April 2017 - 08:26 PM.

#38 Wild Eyed Southern Boy

Wild Eyed Southern Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:19 PM

The Feds will get him. Yes, there are several legal vehicles to lock this guy up. Not implying he will get off scot free.

But the Tenn law is still on the books, and it's a joke.

"The way it's written now, the statute lets children older than 12 decide whether to leave their families, unless their removal or confinement "is accomplished by force, threat or fraud."

This law is actually aimed toward letting children 12 or older decide where they want to go when parents divorce. Noncustodial parents have been charged with kidnapping for trying to take the child.

I don't know why you hate the south so much. You never miss a chance, now or in any of your past lives for that matter, to make it known.

Just in case, you missed it, we got it the first couple of hundred times..

#39 mlatoman

mlatoman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,265 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:27 AM

Search the statutes in any state and you will find some crazy laws on the books from hundreds of years ago. Including Maryland.

A woman may not go through her husband's pockets while he is sleeping.
Men may not buy drinks for female bartenders.
It is illegal to sell condoms from vending machines with one exception: prophylactics may be dispensed from a vending machine only "in places where alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption on the premises."
Thistles may not grow in one's yard.
Eating while swimming in the ocean is prohibited.
In the entire state, it is illegal to give or receive oral sex.
It is a violation to be in a public park with a sleeveless shirt, including joggers. $10 fine.
You cannot swear while inside the city limits of Baltimore.
Maryland requires that alcohol beverage writers be certified as experts by an agency of the state before they can receive product samples, which it limits to three bottles per brand.
Baltimore: Though you may spit on a city roadway, spitting on city sidewalks is prohibited.
Baltimore: It's illegal to take a lion to the movies.
Baltimore: It is a violation of city code to sell chicks or ducklings to a minor within one week of the Easter holiday.
Baltimore has regulations governing the disposal of hog's heads, pet droppings and oyster shells.
Columbia: You can not have an antenna exposed outside of your house yet you can have a 25' satellite dish. Though clotheslines are banned, clothes may be draped over a fence.
Gypsies should steer clear of Caroline County, MD, where it's a $100 fine or six months in the can for "forecasting or pretending to foretell the future."

http://crazytopics.b...merica.html?m=1
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"This little piggie should have stayed home

#40 ODENTON

ODENTON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:10 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2...sted/index.html

Glad they found her......now her long journey begins, wish Elizabeth and her family the best.

"The cabin's caretaker alerted law enforcement to their presence and helped them hatch a plan to draw Cummins from the residence unarmed and without Thomas, the cabin's owner told CNN."

All along the way people tried to help, from the very beginning when the student reported him kissing Elizabeth to his capture.

See Something, Say Something

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users