44 replies to this topic

#41 SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:47 AM

"The way it's written now, the statute lets children older than 12 decide whether to leave their families, unless their removal or confinement "is accomplished by force, threat or fraud."

This law is actually aimed toward letting children 12 or older decide where they want to go when parents divorce. Noncustodial parents have been charged with kidnapping for trying to take the child.

I don't know why you hate the south so much. You never miss a chance, now or in any of your past lives for that matter, to make it known.

Just in case, you missed it, we got it the first couple of hundred times..

Take it up with the Tenn Attorney general, or your own State legislators who wrote the law. His words.

"As it stands, to prove the kidnapping of a victim who is 12 or older, Cooper said, he'd have to prove that Elizabeth was unlawfully removed or had her freedom restricted."

The fact of the matter is - as written, the Tenn law does not help the prosecution, it hinders the prosecution. Had this perv not left Tenn, and no sexual contact with the minor, I don't think this guy gets any time.

I dislike much of the South because of my own personal experiences while living down in the South. Lots of Bible thumping hypocrites and flat out ignorance.   

Edited by SmarterThanYou, 21 April 2017 - 10:48 AM.

#42 Wild Eyed Southern Boy

Wild Eyed Southern Boy

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:55 AM

Take it up with the Tenn Attorney general, or your own State legislators who wrote the law. His words.

"As it stands, to prove the kidnapping of a victim who is 12 or older, Cooper said, he'd have to prove that Elizabeth was unlawfully removed or had her freedom restricted."

Lots of Bible thumping hypocrites and flat out ignorance.

Hmm..... I wonder if asking her would count as proof?

They may have cornered the market for religious hypocrisy, but flat out ignorance is hardly limited to the south.

Edited by Wild Eyed Southern Boy, 21 April 2017 - 11:59 AM.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." --Martin Luther King Jr.

#43 SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:10 PM

Hmm..... I wonder if asking her would count as proof?

They may have cornered the market for religious hypocrisy, but flat out ignorance is hardly limited to the south.

...and if she claims to be "in love", or infatuated by this guy? Wouldn't be the first time a teen defended her abductor. So, and without knowing how she feels about the guy, I would not count on her testimony to help put the guy away.

Of course ignorance is not limited to the South, but given how poor the educational systems are in much of the South, the South sure does have a good head start in the ignorance category. I remember living next to a guy, in a good neighborhood, who was actually college educated (or so he said)...born, raised and educated in the South. He was literally dumber than a rock. I mean, flat out stupid. But his wife was hot, so I over looked his ignorance. Regional sales rep for a local tire company.

Edited by SmarterThanYou, 21 April 2017 - 12:12 PM.

#44 Wild Eyed Southern Boy

Wild Eyed Southern Boy

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:43 PM

...and if she claims to be "in love", or infatuated by this guy? Wouldn't be the first time a teen defended her abductor. So, and without knowing how she feels about the guy, I would not count on her testimony to help put the guy away.

Given from what people who know them both have told me, I will be surprised if she doesn't try to help him.

That is what prompted my question about her version of the story and how much weight it will carry.

None of any of that absolves him of any blame however.

Edited by Wild Eyed Southern Boy, 21 April 2017 - 12:45 PM.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." --Martin Luther King Jr.

#45 SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:24 PM

Federal law will convict of kidnapping, and Tenn law should be able to nail him for "rape" (ie, sex with a minor).

Either way, he's toast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users