39 replies to this topic

#21 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,833 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:22 PM

People will always come and live there. The poor who can't afford to leave will remain there. Young professionals who aren't raising a family will continue to come where their jobs are.

Very important point. From various things I have read (in particular the Sun's 4 part-er about education). Bottom line appears to be that yes, YPs come to the city and do their thing and the city life is good. BUT... when a child or two comes into the equation. They do a 180 to the burbs. Why? Easy! BC's ed system was is and appears to continue to be a joke. Lots of wasted promises going back years and years with nothing to show. Except a bloated Admin and wasted money.

And now we are starting to see this same garbage happening in many of the Baltimore County Schools. Why? Low income people moving from the city on section 8's that have NO CLUE about how to move up the social.economic and educational ladder.

I have a couple of black neighbors, well educated and very professional, that moved in about 20 years ago. At a BBQ I asked 'well your kids are going to be going to school soon' are ;you looking forward to sending them to the publc schools and eventually Woodlawn High.

Respose? Guido you are kidding with me right? Send our kids into that environment? We moved from the city to get away from that. They are going to private school!

OOOOOOhhhhh KKKKKkkkkk... So here is a couple....that was born and bread in BC...lived as a married couple for years in BC. And they are saying that? And they recognize the the cancer from BC is spreading.

Just for the record this very smart black couple are planning to move ASAP after their kids are finished with college. Why? They don't like the way the area is changing because of black poor flight.

Go figure. :rolleyes:

BTW if you all haven't read the 4 part article in the Sun you should .... it is a real eye opener.

#22 Manny

Manny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,536 posts
  • LocationEastern Shore of Maryland

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:35 PM

are the blacks moving to Prince George's County, the "mecca" for the black middle class?

Charles County has a good number of middle-to-upper class black families. Waldorf is home to many of these families.

Edited by Manny, 29 March 2017 - 03:38 PM.

#23 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,833 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:50 PM

Charles County has a good number of middle-to-upper class black families. Waldorf is home to many of these families.

What is the percentage? What is a good number? How good are the schools? What is the breakdown of the schools according to race?

An interesting factoid that came out from the Sun's 4 part-er. Integration works really really well...as long as the percentage of blacks stays at or below 40%.

The School near John Hopkins that was set up by John Hopkins did very well for a time. Reason because of a decent balance.

But then.... the big mouths ...started complaining that there were not enough spaces for low income(black) students. SSSSSsoooooooo after much back and forth.... JH threw in the towel and opened up so many spaces for low income black kids that the white kids were squeezed out.

So now black kids make up around 93% of the student population. And guess what .... the school is failing miserably.

All the wonderful innovative things/programs the school had have been shxt canned because money had to be directed to taking care of the black population and all the inherent issues.

So guess who is complaining AGAIN. :rolleyes:

Edited by Guido2, 29 March 2017 - 03:51 PM.

#24 PinkFlamingo

PinkFlamingo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,561 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:11 PM

Sort of like this...

Exactly

#25 Manny

Manny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,536 posts
  • LocationEastern Shore of Maryland

Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:20 PM

What is the percentage? What is a good number? How good are the schools? What is the breakdown of the schools according to race?

An interesting factoid that came out from the Sun's 4 part-er. Integration works really really well...as long as the percentage of blacks stays at or below 40%.
The School near John Hopkins that was set up by John Hopkins did very well for a time. Reason because of a decent balance.
But then.... the big mouths ...started complaining that there were not enough spaces for low income(black) students. SSSSSsoooooooo after much back and forth.... JH threw in the towel and opened up so many spaces for low income black kids that the white kids were squeezed out.
So now black kids make up around 93% of the student population. And guess what .... the school is failing miserably.

All the wonderful innovative things/programs the school had have been shxt canned because money had to be directed to taking care of the black population and all the inherent issues.

Waldorf is 53% Black. I am not sure if you have been there lately, but it's become a thriving business epicenter. Houses are very nice as well.

https://suburbanstat...live-in-waldorf

#26 stevez51

stevez51

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,197 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:48 PM

PG & Montgomery Co are full. The govt worker sprawl has branched out. Frederick is getting the same way. If you don't work directly for the govt you likely work for something tied to to.

#27 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,833 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:08 AM

Waldorf is 53% Black. I am not sure if you have been there lately, but it's become a thriving business epicenter. Houses are very nice as well.

Well that's good to hear. Really do.

But I live in Woodlawn where only 23% of the population is white...the remainder is minority (w/ 61% black) and this area is NOT up and coming. Most folks black and white are UP and leaving.

https://suburbanstat...ive-in-woodlawn

#28 boink

boink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,594 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:45 PM

40% always seems to be the tipping point

#29 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,833 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:03 PM

Oh I am sure it is a wonderful place. But  looking at the map it is NOT in BC proper nor is it in PG county. Where the educational problems seem to be. And considering the proximity to DC they are not getting bunches of money to support the schools as are BC & PG.

Question; do you have any idea/information of how many section 8's live in that area or are on welfare? I don't but I bet my bottom dollar that is not many.

Just to be clear in case you didn't pick up on it. The 40% is in reference to black students NOT total population breakdown in a given area.

Edited by Guido2, 30 March 2017 - 03:06 PM.

#30 uche

uche

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:51 PM

I hope as the resident  population shrinks, so too does the city employment population. Less city officials will save a lot of money.

#31 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,833 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:01 AM

Manny.....Waldorf maybe 53% black....that means that 47% are white.

In a perfect world that would be the balance of the schools population....which it is not as I pointed out...and why the school is failing.

Sorry apples and oranges.

#32 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,625 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:03 AM

Manny.....Waldorf maybe 53% black....that means that 47% are white.

In a perfect world that would be the balance of the schools population....which it is not as I pointed out...and why the school is failing.

Sorry apples and oranges.

Black and white are the only two racial categories?

Dieser Weg wird kein leichter sein; dieser Weg wird steinig und schwer.
Nicht mit vielen wirst du dir einig sein, doch dieses Leben bietet so viel mehr. --Xavier Naidoo

#33 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,833 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:50 PM

Black and white are the only two racial categories?

Your splitting hairs matt.

And if you read the article about the John H school they say BLACK not brown, not minority....BLACK.

Edited by Guido2, 14 April 2017 - 12:51 PM.

#34 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,625 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:20 PM

Your splitting hairs matt.
And if you read the article about the John H school they say BLACK not brown, not minority....BLACK.

What about Asians and American Indians? What's the John H school?
Nicht mit vielen wirst du dir einig sein, doch dieses Leben bietet so viel mehr. --Xavier Naidoo

#35 aboutwell

aboutwell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,454 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:30 PM

Black people have gotten smarter. Until the schools are fixed(and I'm not talking about more money) , black flight will continue.

Down here, it was "White flight"... my little city of Laurel, MS... (not MD)... has lost around 3,000 residents every 10 years since segregation and the "Academies" came into being... all in the country... now the Laurel city school is 99+% Black... county schools much less...  

Always tell the truth and you'll never have to try to remember what you have said...

#36 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,833 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:10 PM

What about Asians and American Indians? What's the John H school?

I don't recall them even being mentioned.

If your curious go to the Sun archives and look it up.

#37 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,625 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:39 PM

I thought we were talking about Waldorf.

Here are the demographic data.  They seem to treat Latinos as a race.

#38 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,833 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:42 PM

I thought we were talking about Waldorf.

Here are the demographic data.  They seem to treat Latinos as a race.

Well actually the topic was supposed to be about the cities population shrinking as to why....suddenly it morphed into Where's Waldorf....get it. ;) :D

#39 genghiskhanraven

genghiskhanraven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,335 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:59 AM

Is that number accurate, have they really done studies showing that if you let blacks become more than 40% of the student population they will ruin the school?
Funny that liberals say diversity is a good thing unless it's "too much" diversity

#40 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,833 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:56 AM

Is that number accurate, have they really done studies showing that if you let blacks become more than 40% of the student population they will ruin the school?
Funny that liberals say diversity is a good thing unless it's "too much" diversity

Again...check the Sun archives for the 4 part article on schools. I was about 2 weeks ago.

In it they discussed the studies you are curious about. I think it was in the very first one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users