Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
agentorange

AS THE DRAFT BOARD TURNS (The official 2017 NFL/Ravens Draft Thread).....

69 posts in this topic

I think Mangold and Boldin are both post-draft possibilities. Not happy with my own assessment because I would love to see them draft a C and a WR.  And if they get a WR in round 3 or lower, that tells me they are making the assumption Perriman can become a #1.  Not sure I agree with that but they have many holes to fill and poor success in the draft obtaining solid WR's.

I've been using the Fanspeak Mock Draft simulator for months now and came up with the best Ravens draft this morning:

Rnd 1-16: Derek Barnett EDGE Tennessee

Rnd 2-47: Quincy Wilson CB Ohio State

Rnd 3-74: Zay Jones WR East Carolina

Rnd 3-78: Antonio Garcia OT Troy

Rnd 4-122: Pat Elflein C Ohio State

Rnd 5-159: Joshua Dobbs QB Tennessee

Rnd 6-186: Lorenzo Jerome FS St. Francis (NY)

This would be a great draft for Ozzie and the Ravens. Barnett, Garcia and Elflein would start from day one. Wilson would be in the rotation at CB with Carr, Young and Jimmy Smith and become a starter in year two. Jones would be the intermediate and red zone target for Flacco with speedsters Perriman and Mike Wallace on the outside. Dobbs and Jerome would give the Ravens potential future replacements for Flacco at QB and Weddle at FS.

Posted (edited)

I think Mangold and Boldin are both post-draft possibilities. Not happy with my own assessment because I would love to see them draft a C and a WR. And if they get a WR in round 3 or lower, that tells me they are making the assumption Perriman can become a #1. Not sure I agree with that but they have many holes to fill and poor success in the draft obtaining solid WR's.

Zay Jones, Cooper Kupp, Chris Godwin, Josh Reynolds and Carlos Henderson are all wideouts that the Ravens would be lucky to get in the 3rd Round or later. Past failures at getting a franchise WR don't rule out Ozzie striking gold with any of the WRs mentioned above. Jones, Reynolds and Kupp all did well at the Senior Bowl. Ozzie and Harbaugh saw them in person. I think this is the year that Perriman breaks out and Ozzie gets a very good player to pair with him on the opposite side. Edited by TheGuru

I've been using the Fanspeak Mock Draft simulator for months now and came up with the best Ravens draft this morning:

Rnd 1-16: Derek Barnett EDGE Tennessee

Rnd 2-47: Quincy Wilson CB Ohio State

Rnd 3-74: Zay Jones WR East Carolina

Rnd 3-78: Antonio Garcia OT Troy

Rnd 4-122: Pat Elflein C Ohio State

Rnd 5-159: Joshua Dobbs QB Tennessee

Rnd 6-186: Lorenzo Jerome FS St. Francis (NY)

This would be a great draft for Ozzie and the Ravens. Barnett, Garcia and Elflein would start from day one. Wilson would be in the rotation at CB with Carr, Young and Jimmy Smith and become a starter in year two. Jones would be the intermediate and red zone target for Flacco with speedsters Perriman and Mike Wallace on the outside. Dobbs and Jerome would give the Ravens potential future replacements for Flacco at QB and Weddle at FS.

Man this draft seems too good to be true! so much immediate/future help. Derek Barnett is going to be really good imo He's a throwback- old school Footballer, tenacious, and exactly what we want I think.

Man this draft seems too good to be true! so much immediate/future help. Derek Barnett is going to be really good imo He's a throwback- old school Footballer, tenacious, and exactly what we want I think.

agree

Zay Jones, Cooper Kupp, Chris Godwin, Josh Reynolds and Carlos Henderson are all wideouts that the Ravens would be lucky to get in the 3rd Round or later. Past failures at getting a franchise WR don't rule out Ozzie striking gold with any of the WRs mentioned above. Jones, Reynolds and Kupp all did well at the Senior Bowl. Ozzie and Harbaugh saw them in person. I think this is the year that Perriman breaks out and Ozzie gets a very good player to pair with him on the opposite side.

I like Godwin out of the list mentioned.

Ok....here is the latest line heading into tomorrow nights draft.....

THE RAVENS  WILL NOT....

1. DRAFT RUBEN FOSTER....get it out of you head...it ain't gonna happen.....he stunk up the combines with bad interviews, failed urine screens and sent home because of a fight....No Way Oz takes this guy.

2. Draft a wr with there first pick... If forever reason, there are a good number of edge rushers and OL's still around when the Raves draft, look for Oz to trade down for a extra pick then get his edge rusher later in the first then either trade back up to get a wr or lay low for the high second round pick as wr.....however, the Ravens first pick will not be a wr.

3. STOP BEING THE RAVENS......THE Ravens draft picks cannot be predicted by people with low football I.Q who think fancy playmakers are the answer to winning. OZ  is a true Bama player and the last time I checked, The Tide was still winning games because they are bigger and deeper than the opposing teams. Oz will stay practical and slick and pick big physical football players with clean noses. If that Bama Kid Allen is still on the clock when its go time, OZ will draft him with a hard on....watch and see.....

THE RAVENS WILL NOT....

1. DRAFT RUBEN FOSTER....get it out of you head...it ain't gonna happen.....he stunk up the combines with bad interviews, failed urine screens and sent home because of a fight....No Way Oz takes this guy.

2. Draft a wr with there first pick... If forever reason, there are a good number of edge rushers and OL's still around when the Raves draft, look for Oz to trade down for a extra pick then get his edge rusher later in the first then either trade back up to get a wr or lay low for the high second round pick as wr.....however, the Ravens first pick will not be a wr.

3. STOP BEING THE RAVENS......THE Ravens draft picks cannot be predicted by people with low football I.Q who think fancy playmakers are the answer to winning. OZ is a true Bama player and the last time I checked, The Tide was still winning games because they are bigger and deeper than the opposing teams. Oz will stay practical and slick and pick big physical football players with clean noses. If that Bama Kid Allen is still on the clock when its go time, OZ will draft him with a hard on....watch and see.....

Is this just your opinion or is this something you heard elsewhere?

Posted (edited)

What are the chances they take O.J. Howard (in the unlikely event that he's there) or trade back and get Njoku?

Edited by Slidemaster

Posted (edited)

What are the chances they take O.J. Howard (in the unlikely event that he's there) or trade back and get Njoku?

I could see them drafting Howard- I think Oz sticks to BPA and if Howard's there at 16 and the Edge Rushers he likes at that number are all gone and the O-lineman aren't matching up to that value either and no trade back is materializing- I think they'll be happy to take Howard and give flacco something to work with that's better talent wise than he's maybe ever had in his entire career.

Edited by poefolks

THE RAVENS  WILL NOT....

Disagree here. From my research they'll take Ruben Foster without hesitation. Some analysts think he's the best player overall in the draft, that's including Myles Garrett. He's the type of player that could propel us to Playoffs just by his addition- him and Mosely would dominate the AFC North.

Also- Mosely was his mentor at ALA. so they'd trust he'd be in a strong support system. In fact- if he drops- the Ravens are his floor imo.

Posted (edited)

I would LOVE to get Foster.

I think the guy they probably already have taken off their board is Mixon.

Edited by Slidemaster

I think the guy they probably already have taken off their board is Mixon.

Yea and WR Dede Westbrook (domestic violence). and CB Gareon Conley (accused of rape) who looked really good and would've been a strong option for us at 16 imo. Also Florida DT Brantley (domestic violence) who came in for a visit.

Its about to go down....I think The Ravens will wait and see what edge rushers are taken....if the draft board  goes wr or cb bonkers, The Ravens will most likely trade down and get a edge rusher, then take the extra picks and get a OL or CB......thats my final line....

Its about to go down....I think The Ravens will wait and see what edge rushers are taken....if the draft board goes wr or cb bonkers, The Ravens will most likely trade down and get a edge rusher, then take the extra picks and get a OL or CB......thats my final line....

That's a great post.????????????

I thought Humphrey was a reach.....I don't understand why The Ravens drafted a cb in a draft so deep in cb's. They could have gotten a top rated edge rusher and still gotten a very good cb in the second round.

I thought Humphrey was a reach.....I don't understand why The Ravens drafted a cb in a draft so deep in cb's. They could have gotten a top rated edge rusher and still gotten a very good cb in the second round.

The Alabama connection may have a lot to do with it.

I would venture to say it was a good draft for the ravens but it could have been better had they not reached for humphrey