Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eaglesinsider

Looking for someone to take over the HSFB score threads

6 posts in this topic

I'm moving to South Florida for work this summer and between the distance and my new position I won't have as much time to devote to MD HSFB. I'm not leaving the board by any means but I don't think I'll be able to do justice to the weekly score threads or schedules I've done for the past five years or so.

I'll definitely finish out the schedules for this year but I'm looking for someone interested in taking over the score threads this season. This would involve posting the predictions thread early in the week and the scores thread the first game day of that week.

I'd like this board to continue trying to compile every score for every game but Sheldon over at MD Prep Football has done a great job of getting about 99% of scores the last few years so we could maybe cede that to him. There were a few years after MD Varsity stopped collecting scores and before Sheldon started his site that this board was the only place you could find a complete MD HSFB scoreboard.

I am also looking for someone (or multiple people) who would be interested in at least helping with compiling the schedules in 2018 and beyond. A lot of people probably don't know this but I send Sheldon an Excel sheet with my schedules every summer which is what gets plugged in to the MD Prep Football site. Without that there would be no place that had all the accurate MD schedules (we all know MaxPreps is plagued with errors). In addition, the schedule thread gives me the most complete list of open dates out there and has helped many programs all over the state fill their schedule. That's an invaluable service that needs to continue.

I'm open to ideas, suggestions, criticisms and anything else, which is why I'm posting this thread now. This is also a time where it's mostly the consistent year round posters and not the seasonal ones, so I'm hoping some of you guys will have more interest than someone who's just here for football season.

Posted (edited)

The issue of you moving and passing the scoreboard job onto a another board member was blocked in a top secret highly classified meeting conducted by sr board members/posters this very morning.....you shall continue to post the scores and schedules...fall into command....  

Edited by agentorange

E.I.  Thanks for the great effort you have given this forum over the years.  You could always heed AO's advice and continue to post the scores.  Just make them the pre-game scores.

Posted (edited)

E.I IS THEE most highly decorated board member ever...he was able to rise in the ranks from a  private to Sr Top Executive major general president of all scoreboard operations and developmental business projects.....however, his recent request to hand his position over to  another board member has raised serious concerns by many of our Sr executive board members.....therefore, he was demoted and busted back down the ranks to scoreboard oversee-er...a position he will hold for a lifetime. Any continued effort on his behalf to leave the board will result in his being placed on double triple top secret highly classified probation.....AND.....A STATUS OF DEFCOM LEVEL 5, HOMELAND SECURITY ALERT LEVEL RED WILL BE RAISED ........THERE E.I......WTF do you think about that.....FOR AO HAS SPOKEN.....

Edited by agentorange

ALSO.....while we are at it....I refuse to use this opportunity to shamelessly plug my thread on the ravens board ( AS THE DRAFT BOARD TURNS The official 2017 NFL/Ravens Draft Thread)..... 

E.I.  Thanks for the great effort you have given this forum over the years.  You could always heed AO's advice and continue to post the scores.  Just make them the pre-game scores.

That's a good suggestion and might be more manageable for me. I could post the score thread and just link to Sheldon's site. He usually has all the scores by midnight. Between him and the other contributing board members we should still be able to get a complete scoreboard without me trying to track down every score for every game.

The schedules aren't too time-consuming for the most part but there's a handful of schools every year (almost always the same schools too) that it's near impossible to track down schedules for.