Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eaglesinsider

CalPreps Initial National/State Rankings

120 posts in this topic

Wildly inaccurate but sure to provoke some arguments. Here's the MD schools in the National Top 100:

#17- McDonogh

#51- DeMatha

#69- Wise

And here's their MD Top 25

State (National)- School

#1 (#17)- McDonogh

#2 (#51)- DeMatha

#3 (#69)- Wise

#4 (#114)- Saint Frances

#5 (#144)- Walkersville

#6 (#196)- Archbishop Spalding

#7 (#206)- Damascus

#8 (#231)- Good Counsel

#9 (#318)- Bishop McNamara

#10 (#519)- Saint Vincent Pallotti

#11 (#528)- Howard

#12 (#574)- Georgetown Prep

#13 (#601)- Gilman

#14 (#645)- Linganore

#15 (#722)- Middletown

#16 (#723)- Franklin

#17 (#743)- Oxon Hill

#18 (#811)- Calvert Hall

#19 (#866)- Mount Saint Joseph

#20 (#905)- Fort Hill

#21 (#998)- Quince Orchard

#22 (#1017)- Bullis

#23 (#1151)- Dunbar

#24 (#1198)- Glenelg

#25 (#1224)- Loyola

SFA is gonna be loaded this year, probably more transfers than last year

SFA is gonna be loaded this year, probably more transfers than last year

there was a rumor (and I confirmed) that They might be getting the top two players from Delaware.1 is Brown who was at ECA and the other is his teammate Will Knight.

there was a rumor (and I confirmed) that They might be getting the top two players from Delaware.1 is Brown who was at ECA and the other is his teammate Will Knight.

They're getting everybody, including multiple players from SJC(including their two best players). They are hands down the most talented team in the state, by a wide margin. They're a Top 5 National team talent wise this year. Better than DeMatha. McDonogh being ranked that high is laughable.

They're getting everybody, including multiple players from SJC(including their two best players). They are hands down the most talented team in the state, by a wide margin. They're a Top 5 National team talent wise this year. Better than DeMatha. McDonogh being ranked that high is laughable.

You are 100% correct. I'm hearing double digit transfers out of SJC. Not sure if they are all going to st Francis but from what I'm hearing the kids do not like the new regime at sjc.

You are 100% correct. I'm hearing double digit transfers out of SJC. Not sure if they are all going to st Francis but from what I'm hearing the kids do not like the new regime at sjc.

You're hearing correct. Like I said on here months ago, SJC is having a straight up fire sale. Also, don't be surprised if Plank doesn't join forces with the SFA regime!

Who are Sjc best players that are leaving? Kids from the city schools that suppose to be transferring there might need to rethink that decision.

Who are Sjc best players that are leaving? Kids from the city schools that suppose to be transferring there might need to rethink that decision.

Shane Lee and Kwincy Hall.

Let's not forget the multiple players from the Richmond area

Here's my Top 10 FWIW (also keeping in mind that transfer season is just beginning):

1. Saint Frances

2. DeMatha

3. McDonogh

4. Archbishop Spalding

5. Wise

6. Good Counsel

7. Damascus

8. Walkersville

9. Mount Saint Joseph

10. Bishop McNamara

1st 2 are national top 100 teams, next 4 top 200 teams and last 4 top 500 teams

Posted (edited)

Sorry, SFA is not better than DM. Will they have more talent? Who knows, but to say a team full of transfers is better than a national top 10 team who is returning more than half of their starters and is projected to be better is absurd.

The CalPreps rankings, at this point, are a joke. A lot of the calculation has to do with point and yardage producer's returning. McD is high for obvious reasons. While that stat means something, it doesn't take into account who is filling in those spots, especially with talent rich schools who follow the "next man up" motto.

Edited by Silverbullet

Shane Lee and Kwincy Hall.

Interested to see if SJC scrimmages SFA this year.

Posted (edited)

Sorry, SFA is not better than DM. Will they have more talent? Who knows, but to say a team full of transfers is better than a national top 10 team who is returning more than half of their starters and is projected to be better is absurd.

The CalPreps rankings, at this point, are a joke. A lot of the calculation has to do with point and yardage producer's returning. McD is high for obvious reasons. While that stat means something, it doesn't take into account who is filling in those spots, especially with talent rich schools who follow the "next man up" motto.

There is absolutely no question that SFA will be more talented than DeMatha next year. Come on, take the homer glasses off with this one. Will they be a better team, that's another question. SJC had more talent than DeMatha last year, but as we see, they weren't the better TEAM(although the games were close). And this year's SFA team will have more talent than SJC had last year. The two guys from SJC I mentioned aren't the only players coming from SJC, just their best returning players. You will see that losing Beau will hurt you more than you think! Also, SFA's coaching staff is far and away much better than SJC's.

SFA will also not be a team of only transfers. Last year they were. They return a boat load of starters to go along with those transfers.

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

the thing about sjc is that they are loaded at every position. Losing Shane lee and hall is a definite blow to them. But they will just re-load. As well as continue to bring in kids from all over. I also know of some very good coaches that are being brought over to sjc also.

There is absolutely no question that SFA will be more talented than DeMatha next year. Come on, take the homer glasses off with this one. Will they be a better team, that's another question. SJC had more talent than DeMatha last year, but as we see, they weren't the better TEAM(although the games were close). And this year's SFA team will have more talent than SJC had last year. The two guys from SJC I mentioned aren't the only players coming from SJC, just their best returning players. You will see that losing Beau will hurt you more than you think! Also, SFA's coaching staff is far and away much better than SJC's.

SFA will also not be a team of only transfers. Last year they were. They return a boat load of starters to go along with those transfers.

There is absolutely no difference, IMO, between SJC last season and SFA this coming season beside the fact that SJC had a much better QB and leader in Hill. SJC was absolutely stacked with top tier FBS talent at OL, DL, and RB. DeMatha lost their best player in McFarland and still beat them twice.

I get it though, you were down on DM last season. You thought Gonzaga and St. John's were going to beat them in the preseason. Well they finished undefeated and a national top 10 team. I know you support DM, but have zero trust in them.

There is absolutely no difference, IMO, between SJC last season and SFA this coming season beside the fact that SJC had a much better QB and leader in Hill. SJC was absolutely stacked with top tier FBS talent at OL, DL, and RB. DeMatha lost their best player in McFarland and still beat them twice.

I get it though, you were down on DM last season. You thought Gonzaga and St. John's were going to beat them in the preseason. Well they finished undefeated and a national top 10 team. I know you support DM, but have zero trust in them.

Who says that Hill is a better QB than what SFA is bringing in from Richmond? The kid from Richmond is the TRUTH! I'm a huge Kasim Hill fan, but he was used wrong at SJC. Bad coaching.

I'm not sold on DM's QB and is what I think will be their issue next year. I saw him against McDonogh and he singlehandily almost let MCD back into the game. I think you really need to check and see what SFA brings back and what they're bringing in. They lose much less talent than DM and bring in much more.

I have a feeling this sjc thing could implode in the next couple years

I have a feeling this sjc thing could implode in the next couple years

I absolutely believe that SJC is a sinking ship. I'm told that Plank does business with the Head Coach and is why he is there. Hear that Plank really doesn't care that much about the program, he just donates. Involved in name alone. Hearing more about a possible SFA/Plank collaboration in the future. Have to remember, although Plank is a D.C. area native, he now resides in the Bmore area.

Plank and Messay are also friends from MD days

Who says that Hill is a better QB than what SFA is bringing in from Richmond? The kid from Richmond is the TRUTH! I'm a huge Kasim Hill fan, but he was used wrong at SJC. Bad coaching.

I'm not sold on DM's QB and is what I think will be their issue next year. I saw him against McDonogh and he singlehandily almost let MCD back into the game. I think you really need to check and see what SFA brings back and what they're bringing in. They lose much less talent than DM and bring in much more.

Stop comparing SFA to DM. SFA is a transfer squad like SJC. That's the comparison. With DM, you're getting guys that have been in the system and have played with each other for years. Not so with SFA and SJC. SFA will not have better lines than SJC last year. There is a good chance that they will have better skill positions.

My point about Hill is that he was already proven at the high school level and a leader. Has the Richmond QB led a team to a national top 15 finish like Hill did with Gilman? No. You knew what you were getting in these top level high school games with Hill.

And I wouldn't be so high on SFA's coaching unit yet. That same unit was crucified on here not too long ago for a lackluster offense.

Stop comparing SFA to DM. SFA is a transfer squad like SJC. That's the comparison. With DM, you're getting guys that have been in the system and have played with each other for years. Not so with SFA and SJC. SFA will not have better lines than SJC last year. There is a good chance that they will have better skill positions.

My point about Hill is that he was already proven at the high school level and a leader. Has the Richmond QB led a team to a national top 15 finish like Hill did with Gilman? No. You knew what you were getting in these top level high school games with Hill.

And I wouldn't be so high on SFA's coaching unit yet. That same unit was crucified on here not too long ago for a lackluster offense.

I'm not comparing SFA's program to DM. But saying stop comparing them to each other as teams makes no sense. By that logic, you would be saying to not compare IMG to DM! IMG is a transfer factory, but a better team than DeMatha. And has been for the past couple of years. This SFA team will be one of the most loaded teams we've seen in the area in all honesty. They return their whole OL from last year and their best skill players. They didn't lose much and was the second best team in the state. They bring in one of SJC's bet linemen in Sherian, their best returning offensive player and best returning defensive player in the state and top LB in the country for his class. They bring in one of the best Junior QB's on the East Coast, one of the best RB's on the east coast, huge linemen from Richmond. Would love to see DeMatha and SFA play this year. I don't think the outcome would be what you think it would. Not this year.

While DeMatha may not have transfers to the extent of SJC or SFA, don't act like they don't have them.....Some of DeMatha's biggest names are transfers......2016, Robbie Robinson ( think that was the DB name ), 2017, Chase Young, 2018, Evan Gregory....all 4 or 5 star guys.....there may be others I am sure ( I am not really in tune with their roster )......those are just the "name" players 

Interested to see if SJC scrimmages SFA this year.

While DeMatha may not have transfers to the extent of SJC or SFA, don't act like they don't have them.....Some of DeMatha's biggest names are transfers......2016, Robbie Robinson ( think that was the DB name ), 2017, Chase Young, 2018, Evan Gregory....all 4 or 5 star guys.....there may be others I am sure ( I am not really in tune with their roster )......those are just the "name" players

Nobody said DM doesn't get transfers. One or two a year is standard operating procedure at all schools. It's just part of life. Families move, some kids aren't happy playing a B conference schedule, some kids transfer to get away from bad influences...you get the idea.

SFA and SJC actively seek out double digit transfers. There are grown men making calls in and out of area seeking prospects. That's a program choice. They have made the decision to be a different type of program. They are different than the other schools that get one or two transfers due to the circumstances I listed above. I have no problem with it because I don't think it works out in the long run(see SJC last year) and I really do think the guys at these schools want to just help as many kids as possible. I will say if SFA had to deal with one of Gilman or McD's better teams last year, they'd lose. I've seen the Bishop Sullivan's and IMG's of the world lose to teams that didn't even make the WCAC playoffs.

BTW, Coach Thomas and what Pallotti football is doing, in general, may be the most underrated story of the offseason. He's got to be on the radar of schools looking to bring in a heavy hitter. Hopefully he stays in Laurel and see's this thing through....