Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eaglesinsider

CalPreps Initial National/State Rankings

120 posts in this topic

SJC cancelled their scrimmage with St. Frances and cutoff communication with them

Posted (edited)

I'm not comparing SFA's program to DM. But saying stop comparing them to each other as teams makes no sense. By that logic, you would be saying to not compare IMG to DM! IMG is a transfer factory, but a better team than DeMatha. And has been for the past couple of years. This SFA team will be one of the most loaded teams we've seen in the area in all honesty. They return their whole OL from last year and their best skill players. They didn't lose much and was the second best team in the state. They bring in one of SJC's bet linemen in Sherian, their best returning offensive player and best returning defensive player in the state and top LB in the country for his class. They bring in one of the best Junior QB's on the East Coast, one of the best RB's on the east coast, huge linemen from Richmond. Would love to see DeMatha and SFA play this year. I don't think the outcome would be what you think it would. Not this year.

You can't say that SFA is better than DM because they have more talent. You said it last year with SJC. DM beat them twice. You were wrong. DM will be better this year. That's crazy to say about a team that finished #4 in the USA Today national rankings. That's my point.

It's fine. You not picking DM in big match ups is your thing. SFA is the shiny new toy that is easy to pump up. Nothing you have said leads anyone to believe that SFA has more talent than SJC last year. SJC was loaded with a proven senior QB. SFA will be big, talented and fast with a junior QB that will have an amount of pressure on him that he has never even seen in a dream. Talent is a double edged sword. You and I both know that as fans of DM and Gilman. It'll be interesting to see how it works out at SFA. Saying that they are better than DM, again #4 in the USA Today in '16, in April is absurd to me. Maybe that's my homerism speaking, but that usually doesn't flare up this far out of season.

Edited by Silverbullet

SJC cancelled their scrimmage with St. Frances and cutoff communication with them

Ha. Poor guys on Military Rd. set the tone with transfer's last season, then get all menstrual when SFA beats them at their own game.

Posted (edited)

You can't say that SFA is better than DM because they have more talent. You said it last year with SJC. DM beat them twice. You were wrong. DM will be better this year. That's crazy to say about a team that finished #4 in the USA Today national rankings. That's my point.

It's fine. You not picking DM in big match ups is your thing. SFA is the shiny new toy that is easy to pump up. Nothing you have said leads anyone to believe that SFA has more talent than SJC last year. SJC was loaded with a proven senior QB. SFA will be big, talented and fast with a junior QB that will have an amount of pressure on him that he has never even seen in a dream. Talent is a double edged sword. You and I both know that as fans of DM and Gilman. It'll be interesting to see how it works out at SFA. Saying that they are better than DM, again #4 in the USA Today in '16, in April is absurd to me. Maybe that's my homerism speaking, but that usually doesn't flare up this far out of season.

I didn't say that SFA will be a better team than DM. I said that they have more talent than DM this year. Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

Ha. Poor guys on Military Rd. set the tone with transfer's last season, then get all menstrual when SFA beats them at their own game.

Yup they got played by Poggi at their own game

Heard SFA is scrimmaging DM this year?

Where the Heck do all of these OOS guys who are coming to SFA live??? DO they have dorms now? Is it a boarding school?

They have housing in the area that was bought to house the football guys

there was a rumor (and I confirmed) that They might be getting the top two players from Delaware.1 is Brown who was at ECA and the other is his teammate Will Knight.

there was a rumor (and I confirmed) that They might be getting the top two players from Delaware.1 is Brown who was at ECA and the other is his teammate Will Knight.

So when you say you confirmed, does that mean they are going to SFA

Heard SFA is scrimmaging DM this year?

I wouldn't bet any money on that, but if it happens it's a step in the right direction for those two playing a game in the future.

This is hot off the press idk how true it is but I'm hearing that the schools in the MIAA will forfeit the SF games this year due to the abusing of the league rules and the league doing nothing about it

This is hot off the press idk how true it is but I'm hearing that the schools in the MIAA will forfeit the SF games this year due to the abusing of the league rules and the league doing nothing about it

SMDH 

This is like a damn soap opera 

I was told that DD and Don D'amico led the fight last season but CHC didn't follow through because they thought they could beat SFA at Morgan State. The rest of the league's teams folded after that.

What does this actually mean? The MIAA is the league. So they're ruling against themselves? And what after that? Does it mean they hand the Championship to Spalding?

What it means is, the transfers coming in and players already there will miss out on playing six games. The head of the MIAA is a coward and will not enforce the rules of the league for fear of picking on SFA. The ones who get hurt in this whole fiasco are the kids who started out at SFA and are being pushed out or to the bench.

So basically, SFA is being kicked out of the MIAA?

Sounds like he's saying the opposite. Teams are just refusing to play them?

May I ask what rules are being abused?

Posted (edited)

Sounds like he's saying the opposite. Teams are just refusing to play them?

Well point being, if teams don't play them, then they are for all intent and purposes, kicked out of the league.

This could also be where the Plank rumors are coming from. Poggi has big money, but he doesn't have IMG money. That's the sort of money you need to have a truly successful all National schedule year in, year out.

SFA will not survive if they go this route, without some big moneyed partners. I'm just not sure that Plank would be that guy. For all the money he has, he also doesn't have WME money.

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

Why couldn't they play a free agent schedule locally and 3-4 national type games?  That wouldn't be more national type games and the locals would just change from the MIAA-A foes (who don't really have any history/rivalry with SFA beyond 2-3 years) to random teams like Avalon/Riverdale/FCA/Etc

I was told that DD and Don D'amico led the fight last season but CHC didn't follow through because they thought they could beat SFA at Morgan State. The rest of the league's teams folded after that.

Davis started the dialogue about not playing SF in May with others jumping on board in June.  In August all the head coaches and one AD were on board and were going to discuss it with SF at the MIAA meeting but as usual they didn't show.  At that meeting a vote took place and all coaches voted not to play SF.  Coaches were told to take the vote to their AD's and only one sided with the coaches, and it wasn't CHC.  So with that all the AD's made the coach’s play. That's exactly how it went down.   

Ok so this was all about last season ? Business as usual this upcoming season ?