Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eaglesinsider

CalPreps Initial National/State Rankings

120 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Oldtime said:

Have you ever been to a big matchup at Damascus?  The Dmass stands have a capacity of 4000. For big games, most of the track is opened up. Not unusual for a Dmass QO matchup to have 6-7000. Much larger than the crowds that I have witnessed at the PG complex. Come on out to the Dmass Sherwood game I'll buy you one of the best cheeseburgers you'll ever get at a high school game. 

Big Drop, do not show up to Dmass unless these dudes promise you a pregame trip to Red Rooster. 

9 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Big Drop, do not show up to Dmass unless these dudes promise you a pregame trip to Red Rooster. 

Nice call, how about a post game visit to Jimmy Cone as well?  

6 hours ago, BigDrop said:

G Complex has 20 rows of stands on one side of the field, about 250 yards long probably holding 6,000+.  Several VA schools have much larger stadiums including Westfield, Lake Braddock, South Lakes, Robinson, Woodson, Centreville, George Marshall and others.  There have been large turnouts at the Naval Academy stadium also.

If the stands are 250 yards, just how long is the football field?  

37 minutes ago, Oldtime said:

Nice call, how about a post game visit to Jimmy Cone as well?  

Best game day experience in MD. I can admit that. 

59 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Best game day experience in MD. I can admit that. 

Happy to hear you feel that way. Small town atmosphere, not everyone appreciates that. 

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, BigDrop said:

G Complex has 20 rows of stands on one side of the field, about 250 yards long probably holding 6,000+.  Several VA schools have much larger stadiums including Westfield, Lake Braddock, South Lakes, Robinson, Woodson, Centreville, George Marshall and others.  There have been large turnouts at the Naval Academy stadium also.

Yeah, and Trump had more on the National Mall at his inauguration than anyone ever.....standing room only!   Give it a break Biggy.  Folks know what they know and not what you are trying SO HARD to convince us about the DeMatha or private draw with public schools....  Your Stags home field is a rental parks and planning joint.  Just chill droop...  :rolleyes:

Edited by DayWalker

10 hours ago, BigDrop said:

I understand there are two significant rising freshman qb.

Again, reclasssed?????  B)

Posted (edited)

On 6/20/2017 at 1:15 AM, DayWalker said:

How many teams are in MoCo?

How many teams are in the WCAC?

So if the WCAC teams played all of each other, how many other games could they play in a 10-season schedule?

How many YEARS would it take for a MoCo team to play all teams in just MoCo?

25 football playing public high schools in MoCo.

7 football playing schools in the WCAC.

4 open games for schools in the WCAC.  

It would take 2 and a half seasons for one MoCo school to play all the other schools in MoCo.

Edited by nomad974

11 hours ago, BigDrop said:

I understand there are two significant rising freshman qb.

Who are they?

2 minutes ago, nomad974 said:

It would take 2 and a half seasons for one MoCo school to play all the other schools in MoCo.

So Biggy, do you now get the picture why it's not such the slam dunk for just any public who don't know that they are one of the top dawgs until after the season to book we all know who are the top private dawgs year in and year out or at least a season or more in advance....  So do you have the public picture now!!!

And nomad, your Northwest boyz were off the chain last weekend on day two of the 7on7 tournament in PGCo.  Northwest have a nice big tall QB and they were one heck of a competitive bunch.  I don't know what their season future hold but they have a good nucleus to build upon if they stick together.  Week 8 I think it is - Northwest / Quince Orchard - will be a must see event

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

And nomad, your Northwest boyz were off the chain last weekend on day two of the 7on7 tournament in PGCo.  Northwest have a nice big tall QB and they were one heck of a competitive bunch.  I don't know what their season future hold but they have a good nucleus to build upon if they stick together.  Week 8 I think it is - Northwest / Quince Orchard - will be a must see event

Yeah, Craddock is a solid QB for NW.  However their RB, Farri, will dictate how their season goes.   For QO, it will be the Doc Bonner show.  He is the best QB in MoCo, IMO.

NW vs QO will be another classic this year.  

Edited by nomad974

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Neither of those private vs public games would come close to the intensity of Quince Orchard - Northwest weeks before the playoffs like will happen this coming season.  I recall a packed house a couple years ago when Quince Orchard beat the snot out of state champion Northwest at NW only for QO to get whacked in the return game during the playoffs when I believe Northwest went on to win its back-to-back state title.  I can still hear the shouts of "Marky Marky Marky" by QO as they taunted the NW QB Mark Pierce in spanking NW that regular season game.

It's a standing room only war when Northwest and Quince Orchard meet that just would NOT be the same with Bullis, Good Counsel, nor DeMatha.....  There is nothing like neighborhood battles / rivalries!!!!

Edited by nomad974

Just now, nomad974 said:

Yeah, Craddock is a solid QB for NW.  However their RB, Farri, will dictate how their season goes.   For QO, it will be the Doc Bonner show.  He is the best QB in MoCo, IMO.

NW vs QO will be another classic this year.  

I don't know the individual Northwest players but there was a short very muscular RB who looked like a starter hurt in the day two first game and I saw him in a sling as I departed.....  I wonder if it were the Farri fellow you mentioned.

10 minutes ago, nomad974 said:

This is it...This is it...These are the two games I was talking about....  Biggy, a mere big boy private playing a bigger boy public just will not measure up to harsh neighborhood public rivalries like this.  Sorry Biggy but I'll take the 2017 week 8 NW - QO game over your week 1 DeM vs Gorman national TV match in a heart beat. And these hoodie matches happen all over the state throughout the season ----- just the way The DayWalker loves it, public style.  :wub:

23 hours ago, BigDrop said:

I made a mistake in the above comment:  the PG complex is probably 140-150 yards long.  That's 100 yards for the football field, 10 additional yards for the endzone at the far end, 10 yards for the endzone closest to the entrance to the field and perhaps another 20-30 yards between that endzone and the entrance to the stadium.  There is the end of the track in front of this along with a concession stand on the far side.  The actual seating capacity is 5,500 http://www.pgsportsandlearn.com/Our_Facility/Outdoor_Stadium.htm .  My guess is that the stadium has a total capacity, including standing room, somewhere over 7,000.

I believe W. T. Woodson in Fairfax has the largest stadium in Fairfax county.  http://www.fwsasoccer.org/fields/WoodsonFieldMap.pdf is an aerial photograph of it which shows that the stands on one side of the field have approximately 40 rows.  I believe the actual seating capacity is 8,500 with total capacity, including standing of around 10,000 or more. 

6 hours ago, BigDrop said:

I made a mistake in the above comment:  the PG complex is probably 140-150 yards long.  That's 100 yards for the football field, 10 additional yards for the endzone at the far end, 10 yards for the endzone closest to the entrance to the field and perhaps another 20-30 yards between that endzone and the entrance to the stadium.  There is the end of the track in front of this along with a concession stand on the far side.  The actual seating capacity is 5,500 http://www.pgsportsandlearn.com/Our_Facility/Outdoor_Stadium.htm .  My guess is that the stadium has a total capacity, including standing room, somewhere over 7,000

You've made tons of mistakes with many above comments in many threads over-hyping your Stags.  In the instant issue, the PG complex is NOT DeMatha's facility but some sort of county public park and rec rental venue DeMatha calls home.  Why are you so obsessed with these seating capacities!!!!  It's not like DeMatha sellout every "home" game played there.  In fact, I suspect the place is NOT sold out a heck of a lot more than it is sold out or at capacity even if we factor only so-called big high profile games.  Pull up Biggy!!!!

Has DeMatha ever hosted a game at the PG complex that actual sold out meaning no more were allowed to enter for safety and like when the ticket line ran from the entrance back into midway the FedEx parking lot behind the booth as I once witnessed for a neighborhood Wise - Douglass game!!!!  And to avoid disappointed folks who huddled outside the fence surrounding the field with many kids who climbed the fence to get it that event, the county had pre-sale tickets only for the following game between the two neighborhood teams, again sold out a couple of my entrepreneur cousins scalped their $5 student tickets and some they got from other students for $20.

Big sellout games happen all the time but you slant the table like it's a norm that follow only DeMatha.  Pull up Biggy, pull up homer....  PG Complex is nice but its one side seating is nothing like the "surrounds" of public places like Greenway Avenue nor the North Point High Stadium in Charles County.

20 hours ago, DayWalker said:

This is it...This is it...These are the two games I was talking about....  Biggy, a mere big boy private playing a bigger boy public just will not measure up to harsh neighborhood public rivalries like this.  Sorry Biggy but I'll take the 2017 week 8 NW - QO game over your week 1 DeM vs Gorman national TV match in a heart beat. And these hoodie matches happen all over the state throughout the season ----- just the way The DayWalker loves it, public style.  :wub:

Here are some vids of the same games except from down on the field.  Gives you a better felling of the atmosphere.   Im all for public-private matchups.  But not at the cost of local rivalries or playoff spots. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_4MuE3zirY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_y-n3rGd-o

Posted (edited)

46 minutes ago, nomad974 said:

Here are some vids of the same games except from down on the field.  Gives you a better felling of the atmosphere.   Im all for public-private matchups.  But not at the cost of local rivalries or playoff spots. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_4MuE3zirY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_y-n3rGd-o

:D  I don't need the videos for a feeling of the atmosphere.  Unlike Biggy, The DayWalker WAS THERE and not as a Northwest or Quince Orchard homer but as a pure fan of the sport.  I was at Northwest last season when Sherwood took out the Jags if I remember correctly.  I went to a couple QO games at The Dome last year.....games in Charles County, Baltimore, DC, Howard County, and yes even some private games.

Good public-private match-ups can take place BUT not for the private's take of seeing how publics measure to what they think are innately better across the board privates.  Of all the private games to take place in the fall, DeMatha vs Gorman in week 1 seems to be all there is to be excited about, and only from the over-hype of their ilk.  For publics, I will be in many neighborhoods throughout the season and into the playoffs.  And I look forward to the annual post private season in November when the usual private suspects will be in here yaking about what some private teams would do to the public teams in the public playoffs or why it's unlawful that privates are forbidden from being in the PUBLIC state championships the US District Court need to be called upon to decide, right McDeesNuts!!!!

Now may I go back into off-season hibernation with thoughts of Franklin kicking DeM's @zz, please Biggy.....

Edited by DayWalker

28 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

:D  I don't need the videos for a feeling of the atmosphere.  Unlike Biggy, The DayWalker WAS THERE and not as a Northwest or Quince Orchard homer but as a pure fan of the sport.  I was at Northwest last season when Sherwood took out the Jags if I remember correctly.  I went to a couple QO games at The Dome last year.....games in Charles County, Baltimore, DC, Howard County, and yes even some private games.

Good public-private match-ups can take place BUT not for the private's take of seeing how publics measure to what they think are innately better across the board privates.  Of all the private games to take place in the fall, DeMatha vs Gorman in week 1 seems to be all there is to be excited about, and only from the over-hype of their ilk.  For publics, I will be in many neighborhoods throughout the season and into the playoffs.  And I look forward to the annual post private season in November when the usual private suspects will be in here yaking about what some private teams would do to the public teams in the public playoffs or why it's unlawful that privates are forbidden from being in the PUBLIC state championships the US District Court need to be called upon to decide, right McDeesNuts!!!!

Now may I go back into the off-season hiberation, please Biggy.....

I think this season will be the perfect amount of public vs private match ups. Good Counsel vs Northwest, Calvert Hall vs Wise, DeMatha vs Franklin,etc...will give us a better gauge than years past.

I don't think the top privates want to play the top publics all of the time. It's just nice to see where everyone stands once in a while. Teams like SFA and DM won't sacrifice their top national games just like the publics won't with their neighborhood rivalries. The top privates have a different mission than the top publics. Everyone knows that. Nobody is debating that.

3 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

I think this season will be the perfect amount of public vs private match ups. Good Counsel vs Northwest, Calvert Hall vs Wise, DeMatha vs Franklin,etc...will give us a better gauge than years past.

I don't think the top privates want to play the top publics all of the time. It's just nice to see where everyone stands once in a while. Teams like SFA and DM won't sacrifice their top national games just like the publics won't with their neighborhood rivalries. The top privates have a different mission than the top publics. Everyone knows that. Nobody is debating that.

The debate is "...it's just nice to see where everyone stands once in a while..."  Publics know where they stand but after week 14 all the time and not once in a while or opinion polls, aka rankings.  Yep, the missions are different --- State Championships vs Opinion Polls.  Understand....  :rolleyes: