62 replies to this topic

#21 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:11 PM

Who says that Hill is a better QB than what SFA is bringing in from Richmond? The kid from Richmond is the TRUTH! I'm a huge Kasim Hill fan, but he was used wrong at SJC. Bad coaching.

I'm not sold on DM's QB and is what I think will be their issue next year. I saw him against McDonogh and he singlehandily almost let MCD back into the game. I think you really need to check and see what SFA brings back and what they're bringing in. They lose much less talent than DM and bring in much more.

Stop comparing SFA to DM. SFA is a transfer squad like SJC. That's the comparison. With DM, you're getting guys that have been in the system and have played with each other for years. Not so with SFA and SJC. SFA will not have better lines than SJC last year. There is a good chance that they will have better skill positions.

My point about Hill is that he was already proven at the high school level and a leader. Has the Richmond QB led a team to a national top 15 finish like Hill did with Gilman? No. You knew what you were getting in these top level high school games with Hill.

And I wouldn't be so high on SFA's coaching unit yet. That same unit was crucified on here not too long ago for a lackluster offense.

#22 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,157 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:10 PM

Stop comparing SFA to DM. SFA is a transfer squad like SJC. That's the comparison. With DM, you're getting guys that have been in the system and have played with each other for years. Not so with SFA and SJC. SFA will not have better lines than SJC last year. There is a good chance that they will have better skill positions.
My point about Hill is that he was already proven at the high school level and a leader. Has the Richmond QB led a team to a national top 15 finish like Hill did with Gilman? No. You knew what you were getting in these top level high school games with Hill.
And I wouldn't be so high on SFA's coaching unit yet. That same unit was crucified on here not too long ago for a lackluster offense.

I'm not comparing SFA's program to DM. But saying stop comparing them to each other as teams makes no sense. By that logic, you would be saying to not compare IMG to DM! IMG is a transfer factory, but a better team than DeMatha. And has been for the past couple of years. This SFA team will be one of the most loaded teams we've seen in the area in all honesty. They return their whole OL from last year and their best skill players. They didn't lose much and was the second best team in the state. They bring in one of SJC's bet linemen in Sherian, their best returning offensive player and best returning defensive player in the state and top LB in the country for his class. They bring in one of the best Junior QB's on the East Coast, one of the best RB's on the east coast, huge linemen from Richmond. Would love to see DeMatha and SFA play this year. I don't think the outcome would be what you think it would. Not this year.

#23 araiderfan

araiderfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:21 PM

While DeMatha may not have transfers to the extent of SJC or SFA, don't act like they don't have them.....Some of DeMatha's biggest names are transfers......2016, Robbie Robinson ( think that was the DB name ), 2017, Chase Young, 2018, Evan Gregory....all 4 or 5 star guys.....there may be others I am sure ( I am not really in tune with their roster )......those are just the "name" players 

#24 Mr.Stein

Mr.Stein

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:15 PM

Interested to see if SJC scrimmages SFA this year.

#25 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:15 PM

While DeMatha may not have transfers to the extent of SJC or SFA, don't act like they don't have them.....Some of DeMatha's biggest names are transfers......2016, Robbie Robinson ( think that was the DB name ), 2017, Chase Young, 2018, Evan Gregory....all 4 or 5 star guys.....there may be others I am sure ( I am not really in tune with their roster )......those are just the "name" players

Nobody said DM doesn't get transfers. One or two a year is standard operating procedure at all schools. It's just part of life. Families move, some kids aren't happy playing a B conference schedule, some kids transfer to get away from bad influences...you get the idea.

SFA and SJC actively seek out double digit transfers. There are grown men making calls in and out of area seeking prospects. That's a program choice. They have made the decision to be a different type of program. They are different than the other schools that get one or two transfers due to the circumstances I listed above. I have no problem with it because I don't think it works out in the long run(see SJC last year) and I really do think the guys at these schools want to just help as many kids as possible. I will say if SFA had to deal with one of Gilman or McD's better teams last year, they'd lose. I've seen the Bishop Sullivan's and IMG's of the world lose to teams that didn't even make the WCAC playoffs.

BTW, Coach Thomas and what Pallotti football is doing, in general, may be the most underrated story of the offseason. He's got to be on the radar of schools looking to bring in a heavy hitter. Hopefully he stays in Laurel and see's this thing through....

#26 Mr.Stein

Mr.Stein

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:16 PM

SJC cancelled their scrimmage with St. Frances and cutoff communication with them

#27 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:06 PM

I'm not comparing SFA's program to DM. But saying stop comparing them to each other as teams makes no sense. By that logic, you would be saying to not compare IMG to DM! IMG is a transfer factory, but a better team than DeMatha. And has been for the past couple of years. This SFA team will be one of the most loaded teams we've seen in the area in all honesty. They return their whole OL from last year and their best skill players. They didn't lose much and was the second best team in the state. They bring in one of SJC's bet linemen in Sherian, their best returning offensive player and best returning defensive player in the state and top LB in the country for his class. They bring in one of the best Junior QB's on the East Coast, one of the best RB's on the east coast, huge linemen from Richmond. Would love to see DeMatha and SFA play this year. I don't think the outcome would be what you think it would. Not this year.

You can't say that SFA is better than DM because they have more talent. You said it last year with SJC. DM beat them twice. You were wrong. DM will be better this year. That's crazy to say about a team that finished #4 in the USA Today national rankings. That's my point.

It's fine. You not picking DM in big match ups is your thing. SFA is the shiny new toy that is easy to pump up. Nothing you have said leads anyone to believe that SFA has more talent than SJC last year. SJC was loaded with a proven senior QB. SFA will be big, talented and fast with a junior QB that will have an amount of pressure on him that he has never even seen in a dream. Talent is a double edged sword. You and I both know that as fans of DM and Gilman. It'll be interesting to see how it works out at SFA. Saying that they are better than DM, again #4 in the USA Today in '16, in April is absurd to me. Maybe that's my homerism speaking, but that usually doesn't flare up this far out of season.

Edited by Silverbullet, 03 April 2017 - 08:43 PM.

#28 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:10 PM

SJC cancelled their scrimmage with St. Frances and cutoff communication with them

Ha. Poor guys on Military Rd. set the tone with transfer's last season, then get all menstrual when SFA beats them at their own game.

#29 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,157 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:47 PM

You can't say that SFA is better than DM because they have more talent. You said it last year with SJC. DM beat them twice. You were wrong. DM will be better this year. That's crazy to say about a team that finished #4 in the USA Today national rankings. That's my point.
It's fine. You not picking DM in big match ups is your thing. SFA is the shiny new toy that is easy to pump up. Nothing you have said leads anyone to believe that SFA has more talent than SJC last year. SJC was loaded with a proven senior QB. SFA will be big, talented and fast with a junior QB that will have an amount of pressure on him that he has never even seen in a dream. Talent is a double edged sword. You and I both know that as fans of DM and Gilman. It'll be interesting to see how it works out at SFA. Saying that they are better than DM, again #4 in the USA Today in '16, in April is absurd to me. Maybe that's my homerism speaking, but that usually doesn't flare up this far out of season.

I didn't say that SFA will be a better team than DM. I said that they have more talent than DM this year.

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM, 03 April 2017 - 09:47 PM.

#30 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:25 PM

Ha. Poor guys on Military Rd. set the tone with transfer's last season, then get all menstrual when SFA beats them at their own game.

Yup they got played by Poggi at their own game

#31 Tomslick

Tomslick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:11 AM

Heard SFA is scrimmaging DM this year?

#32 HY3:13

HY3:13

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:11 AM

Where the Heck do all of these OOS guys who are coming to SFA live??? DO they have dorms now? Is it a boarding school?

#33 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:03 AM

They have housing in the area that was bought to house the football guys

#34 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:04 AM

there was a rumor (and I confirmed) that They might be getting the top two players from Delaware.1 is Brown who was at ECA and the other is his teammate Will Knight.

#35 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:05 AM

there was a rumor (and I confirmed) that They might be getting the top two players from Delaware.1 is Brown who was at ECA and the other is his teammate Will Knight.

So when you say you confirmed, does that mean they are going to SFA

#36 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:24 AM

Heard SFA is scrimmaging DM this year?

I wouldn't bet any money on that, but if it happens it's a step in the right direction for those two playing a game in the future.

#37 GOOCH

GOOCH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:47 AM

This is hot off the press idk how true it is but I'm hearing that the schools in the MIAA will forfeit the SF games this year due to the abusing of the league rules and the league doing nothing about it

#38 city40blast

city40blast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:35 AM

Wow and smh

#39 nomad974

nomad974

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:08 PM

This is hot off the press idk how true it is but I'm hearing that the schools in the MIAA will forfeit the SF games this year due to the abusing of the league rules and the league doing nothing about it

SMDH 

This is like a damn soap opera 

#40 TheGuru

TheGuru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:44 PM

I was told that DD and Don D'amico led the fight last season but CHC didn't follow through because they thought they could beat SFA at Morgan State. The rest of the league's teams folded after that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users