62 replies to this topic

#61 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:41 AM

Sorry, SFA is not better than DM. Will they have more talent? Who knows, but to say a team full of transfers is better than a national top 10 team who is returning more than half of their starters and is projected to be better is absurd.

The CalPreps rankings, at this point, are a joke. A lot of the calculation has to do with point and yardage producer's returning. McD is high for obvious reasons. While that stat means something, it doesn't take into account who is filling in those spots, especially with talent rich schools who follow the "next man up" motto.

Right now I have to agree with you.  Mainly because it is April, just far too early to make any rankings.  CalPreps depend on accurate data provided by "coaches".  And as of April only 6 of their Maryland Top 25 ranked schools have provided data. So I agree...kind of a joke at this point.

#62 Oldtime

Oldtime

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:55 PM

I absolutely believe that SJC is a sinking ship. I'm told that Plank does business with the Head Coach and is why he is there. Hear that Plank really doesn't care that much about the program, he just donates. Involved in name alone. Hearing more about a possible SFA/Plank collaboration in the future. Have to remember, although Plank is a D.C. area native, he now resides in the Bmore area.

#63 Oldtime

Oldtime

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:58 PM

Plank is also a SJC graduate. He has put a lot of money into the school, not just the football team. I don't think he ends up collaborating with SFA, he's a Cadet in and out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users