Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ode2Joy

Grief Counseling and Support Groups

41 posts in this topic

To the person who was seeking a support group for grief counseling before someone jumped right in right in to ridicule and embarrass you for making a public request, talk to your doctor first or call a help line who could advise.

All that matters is that it is important to YOU and not what others on here think. You are brave for asking.

You can try calling 211, First Call for Help.

But yes, putting personal information up here can cause some grief. 

Posted (edited)

[The poster] knew what she was doing when she asked on here, which is why I asked her why she was doing it

Edited by Baltimatt
Hiding a user name

[The poster] knew what she was doing when she asked on here, which is why I asked her why she was doing it

The poster removed her post and asked the thread to be removed, so perhaps she didn't realize what she might be getting into.

It's none of your business why someone asked for advice about grief counseling. That they asked should be enough without trying to ridicule them. That's just downright mean and unnecessary.

This can be a vicious places rather than a friendly bar to talk about personal issues.

This can be a vicious places rather than a friendly bar to talk about personal issues.

Exactly Matt. That's why I asked her, considering that she knows how things can be.

Exactly Matt. That's why I asked her, considering that she knows how things can be.

I see. That's why you jumped on her case so quickly and tried to embarrass her.

In that case, well done.

To the person who was seeking a support group for grief counseling before someone jumped right in right in to ridicule and embarrass you for making a public request, talk to your doctor first or call a help line who could advise.

All that matters is that it is important to YOU and not what others on here think. You are brave for asking.

Now this is truly sad.  I'm so sorry to whoever this happened to.

Thanks.

And (((Hugs))) from the other side of the pond too, Mock. :)

It's none of your business why someone asked for advice about grief counseling. That they asked should be enough without trying to ridicule them. That's just downright mean and unnecessary.

That poster has some issues.

Thank you. 

Baby steps. 

I texted the crisis hotline for the first time ever and they gave me some good resources and helped for about a half hour.  I can't really talk these days.  Its really hard to get words out with my voice.

I came here because I didn't want my friends and family on FB to know that I am lost and in bad shape right now.

Thank you. 

Baby steps. 

I texted the crisis hotline for the first time ever and they gave me some good resources and helped for about a half hour.  I can't really talk these days.  Its really hard to get words out with my voice.

I came here because I didn't want my friends and family on FB to know that I am lost and in bad shape right now.

Don't know if you are religious or not but I am so I'm praying for you.  Grief can be all consuming so hugs and prayers of comfort.

Mock, for what it's worth I've always considered you to be one of the most decent, kind, and caring individuals around these parts. And I've been around a long time. Please know that there are a ton of people who are there for you, for whatever you need and whenever you need it. You are not alone.

And as for whoever would think to tear someone down for showing the courage to reach out for help, my simple advice would be: See yourself in others. Imagine what this world could look like by just doing that.

Don't know if you are religious or not but I am so I'm praying for you.  Grief can be all consuming so hugs and prayers of comfort.

Amen!

What Bruce said mock.  Your friends will always be here for you.  (Hugs)

Thanks so much for the kind words, prayers, and hugs, everyone.

Thank you Bruce.  Your post made me cry...but it's okay.  I have been doing that a lot.  It was really nice.        

Sorry you seem to be having a rough go of it lately. Please know you'll be in my thoughts. Toss on some Guster and get lost in the music!

Thank you. 

I ran to Guster today as a matter of fact...Guster and Widespread Panic. 

Are you going to see Guster and Dispatch at Merriweather this summer (July 7th)????

Posted (edited)

I so very much wanted to see Dispatch, but out of town that week. I love the new Dispatch! Think it will be a great show!

How about Dave and Tim? You going? I could not get tickets and have  been a warehouse member for years! Unbelievable how fast those tickets went.

I am going to see Ryan Adams w/ Jenny Lewis and the My Morning Jacket w/ Gary Clark Jr.

Looking forward to seeing Ryan Adams and MMJ always puts on a great show.

Music is my escape from reality.

Edited by naive

Yep!  Going to see Dave and Tim!  I was watching the clock big time when Dave and Tim Reynolds went on sale.  I was right on top of tix for Guster too, of course, because they are still my fav.   

Ryan Adams and MMJ sshould be amazing!  When is that show?