Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ode2Joy

Grief Counseling and Support Groups

41 posts in this topic

You have to get a ticket for parking at MW now...

Hang in there Mock, and glad you called the crisis hotline.  There are a lot of people that care about you, and think you're one of the kindest people.  I hope everything will work itself out, and you find inner peace.

Posted (edited)

I knew if anyone had tickets for Dave and Tim around here, it would be you!! I have not given up hope in getting them, just need the brokers to lower their prices!

I did hear about the parking at Merriweather this year. For my 2 shows, I got parking in lot 6, it's close to Union Jacks which is where I typically have a beverage or 2 before heading in.

Ryan Adams is May 12 and MMJ is July 14th.

Edited by naive

Posted (edited)

Hmm.  May have to check into Ryan Adams.  Thank you for the heads up, naive.  I will keep you in mind if I hear of anyone that has tix but may not be able to go to the show for some reason.   

Thank you, alienrace for the really nice words, words help a lot.  I didn't want my parents and extended family to know because I just couldn't talk (and I just didn't want to talk about it with them).  It has been way easier for me to type and text. 

Anyone who is having a hard time and just can't talk (because words are to hard to speak) should text the crisis text line.  

Crisis text line--  text "home" to 741741 and someone will be texting with you in about a minute.    

Edited by mockingbird

Thank you.

Baby steps.

I texted the crisis hotline for the first time ever and they gave me some good resources and helped for about a half hour. I can't really talk these days. Its really hard to get words out with my voice.

I came here because I didn't want my friends and family on FB to know that I am lost and in bad shape right now.

I apologize if I upset you mock. But do you forget that you have people on here that know you and care? You put that obscure statement out there and did you think people wouldn't wonder? It's not our business, but after all these many years, we do care.

I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you. 

Baby steps. 

I texted the crisis hotline for the first time ever and they gave me some good resources and helped for about a half hour.  I can't really talk these days.  Its really hard to get words out with my voice.

I came here because I didn't want my friends and family on FB to know that I am lost and in bad shape right now.

Hugs. You can always PM me here or on FB if ever you want to chat. I do hope that comfort and peace finds its way back into your heart.

Wishing you well Mock, I'm glad you reached out to the crisis hotline. 

Stay focused on the positive messages in this thread, proof there are a lot of people (even behind a computer) in this world! :) 

Mock, I am sorry to hear you are having a difficult time. It takes courage to seek help. Be well soon.

Mock, for what it's worth I've always considered you to be one of the most decent, kind, and caring individuals around these parts. And I've been around a long time. Please know that there are a ton of people who are there for you, for whatever you need and whenever you need it. You are not alone.

And as for whoever would think to tear someone down for showing the courage to reach out for help, my simple advice would be: See yourself in others. Imagine what this world could look like by just doing that.

Great words Bruce. :)

And you're being too kind to the ever-reappearing nasty lady

Pink Flamingo-  Thanks.   Just needed some advice, I wasn't doing well.  I wasn't finding to much with Google searches where my situation would fit in. 

I didn't want to bother my doctor, especially because for almost a week I couldn't even talk to anyone.  I really didn't want my parents to call with a million questions and comments that would just hurt me more.  I never let on to how much pain I have been in.   

I really appreciate everyone's words of support and kindness.  It really means a lot.  Thank you.  <3

Never be afraid to reach out. Someone is always listening. Seeing these responses tells me that there really are some decent and caring people on here.

Mock, *big hugs*, have you thought about putting your pain down in written words? Maybe keep a diary type account of your feelings and what you have been going through. It might be easier than putting them into spoken words and you'd still be able to release them somewhat. It might help and it might not but it can't hurt to try.  :(

B)

Posted (edited)

I am always writing, well typing thoughts and feelings, and other misc. things.  I write letters to my kids when I am upset and can't talk (which has maybe been 3 times ever)  I write letters to my husband and I have written to both of my bosses when I had to get myself safe because I wasn't safe with my own self.  I probably write way to much on public forums but I am very passionate, raw, and real about things that are very important to me. 

Because of events beyond my control I started writing at a very early age (I ended up burning all of my childhood diaries when I was around 15...I really wish I hadn't done that).  I do love to write, I prefer not to talk (except to my immediate family and good friends).  Eye contact makes me uncomfortable and sometimes getting words out of my mouth seems impossible.  I write for my job, and it has to be perfect, so when I free write I don't really care about punctuation.   

I used to do have to speak to about 300 people on a yearly basis for an hour about policy issues.  This would happen every April or May.  I would start to freak out in January.  I hated it and it never got easier.  I did always ask to be the first on the agenda to that I didn't die of panic by the end of the day.  I shook so bad the day before and day of the presentation that I probably looked like I was being electrocuted.  I was sooooooooooooooooo happy when the conference was cancelled because of funding issues.  Whew.  I'm still super happy that I don't have to do that anymore.  It's not because I didn't know my stuff because I know my stuff... I just don't like to talk (especially in front of hundreds of people!) and I'd rather punch myself repeatedly in the face than to ever have to do that again.    

so short story made long... I do write.  The crisis hotline was so great for me because its a texting 'hotline' thing.  You don't have to talk to anyone.  It really helped me so much.  :)

thanks again everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!  <3

:)

Edited by mockingbird

<3 you Mock!!!

I can understand not wanting to talk - I get like that sometimes. Texting and email is best on those days.

((HUGS))

((Mockingbird)) <-hugs 

Sorry sometimes this place only has people thrilled to dig their claws into someones meet because they spend the rest of their hours in a job yes man. Not right....

Thank Goodness there are many on here that are not like that. I hope you found what you needed sending hugs.