Week 11- MIAA A Conference Semi-Finals

Week 12- MIAA A Conference Championship

#2 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,155 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:15 AM

Word is, St. John's canceled their scrimmage with McD because your boys are up to their old shady recruiting antics. St. John's, from what I'm told, is none too happy.

By the way, why the hell does McD's schedule warrant it's own thread? Not like this is some monster schedule.

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM, 05 April 2017 - 10:16 AM.

#3 eaglesinsider

eaglesinsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:05 AM

Word is, St. John's canceled their scrimmage with McD because your boys are up to their old shady recruiting antics. St. John's, from what I'm told, is none too happy.

By the way, why the hell does McD's schedule warrant it's own thread? Not like this is some monster schedule.

Word is, McD never had a scrimmage with St. John's. SFA did, and it was cancelled because of their shady recruiting antics.

Word also is that Gonzaga cancelled their trip to McDonogh to go to Gilman for a sure win.

Word also also is that as the one who does the work of compiling all the schedules, I can do what I want when I get them in.

#4 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,155 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:19 AM

Word is, McD never had a scrimmage with St. John's. SFA did, and it was cancelled because of their shady recruiting antics.

Word also is that Gonzaga cancelled their trip to McDonogh to go to Gilman for a sure win.

Word also also is that as the one who does the work of compiling all the schedules, I can do what I want when I get them in.

No, McD had a scrimmage scheduled with SJC. SJC and SFA's scrimmage was canceled because of another issue regarding a player, who is now at SFA and who's dad was a coach at SJC.

Even with Gilman losing their coaches and a bunch of players, they're still getting more kids into D1 schools than McD(Ellis already had his offers way before McD). For all of the back room deals MCD offers, they still have ZERO presence with colleges. All McGriff did for them and kid still couldn't get an offer. They don't win championships and don't get kids into the school, what's the point in going there?

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM, 05 April 2017 - 11:19 AM.

#5 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:22 AM

Good schedule for McD. I like how they are giving SVP a chance to test themselves. The schedule also has a national top 10 game with DM. LaSalle PA is always a very tough team. Who knows what you're going to get with BMac, but it'll be an exciting game to watch regardless. No clue what Malvern Prep is doing with the obvious departures, but they are never a slouch.

#6 eaglesinsider

eaglesinsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:06 PM

One McD schedule note everyone will appreciate... McDonogh-Gilman game is set for a 5 PM kickoff this year. Good news for anyone who wants to try to pull a City-Poly and McDonogh-Gilman double header.

#7 GOOCH

GOOCH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 04:45 AM

Very competitive schedule for MCDONOUGH I like it

#8 gillytech

gillytech

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:38 AM

I agree - that's a strong ooc schedule and keeps with McD's tradition of playing similarly situated prep schools in the D.C./Philly areas. La Salle fell off a little last year under a new HC; it will be interesting to see if they can rebound.

#9 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,155 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:49 AM

I agree - that's a strong ooc schedule and keeps with McD's tradition of playing similarly situated prep schools in the D.C./Philly areas. La Salle fell off a little last year under a new HC; it will be interesting to see if they can rebound.

If we are going to be completely honest here, the schedule is ok at best. They should win every game easily besides DeMatha and SFA. Lasalle fell off, Malvern Prep lost its coach to Ryken and QB to St. John's.

#10 Blessed1

Blessed1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:17 AM

Greyhound Alum who is to blame for McGriff not going D1 and what about the Talent that's following behind him that McDonogh have been recruiting. Are you simply saying that McDonogh can't get it done Period

#11 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,155 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:33 AM

Greyhound Alum who is to blame for McGriff not going D1 and what about the Talent that's following behind him that McDonogh have been recruiting. Are you simply saying that McDonogh can't get it done Period

That's exactly what I'm saying. I promise you, had McGriff stayed at CHC or went to a Gilman or SFA, he would be playing D1. For the talent that McD has and have had, their record of getting kids into D1 schools has been piss poor to say the least. Sure, they have sent some huge linemen D1 the last few years(mostly Maryland) but outside of Burrell, what skill players have they sent D1? And there's nothing wrong with not having kids go D1, but not when your program is a "win at all cost" program.

#12 Blessed1

Blessed1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:49 AM

That does sound Fishy and as long as Damico have been the HC at McDonogh you would think he have Good relationships with schools...Its no way that kid couldn't get into a D1AA unless his Grades wasn't on point

#13 Maroontiger419

Maroontiger419

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:01 PM

That does sound Fishy and as long as Damico have been the HC at McDonogh you would think he have Good relationships with schools...Its no way that kid couldn't get into a D1AA unless his Grades wasn't on point

Don't blame the kid. Grades were fine. McGriff is a good kid and didn't have qualifying issues. Let's mute that point right now.

Edited by Maroontiger419, 06 April 2017 - 12:01 PM.

#14 eaglesinsider

eaglesinsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:07 PM

Don't blame the kid. Grades were fine. McGriff is a good kid and didn't have qualifying issues. Let's mute that point right now.

Major injury history and (due to injuries) film got worse every year. Just watch his senior film and sophomore film side-by-side and you'll see the difference. RBs are a dime a dozen unfortunately. Schools will pick the one that doesn't miss 1/3 of the season every year. If he can stay healthy he's an all-conference player at the D-II level. I just hope his injury problems are behind him.

#15 eaglesinsider

eaglesinsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:49 PM

That's exactly what I'm saying. I promise you, had McGriff stayed at CHC or went to a Gilman or SFA, he would be playing D1. For the talent that McD has and have had, their record of getting kids into D1 schools has been piss poor to say the least. Sure, they have sent some huge linemen D1 the last few years(mostly Maryland) but outside of Burrell, what skill players have they sent D1? And there's nothing wrong with not having kids go D1, but not when your program is a "win at all cost" program.

I love when you make up claims with no evidence. What kid has SFA ever helped go D1? They take kids who are already D1 players and take the credit for getting them to college.

Also, haven't you spoken about McD's supposed lack of skill position talent constantly the last few years. Last year, McDonogh had the 2nd most players on FBS rosters (8) of any school in the Baltimore Metro area.

DE Allen Jackson (Duke)

DE Roman Braglio (UMD)

WR Michael Cornwell (UMD)

OL Ellis McKinnie (UMD)

K Mike Shinsky (UMD)

DB Josh Woods (UMD)

LB Wyatt Cook (Purdue)

DB Eric Burrell (Wisconsin)

Who are the other skill guys who should have gone higher? The only QB they've graduated since 2012 was Jansen Durham, who passed on offers from some FCS state schools to sign with Williams for academic reasons. McGriff has been their main RB since 2014.

#16 Maroontiger419

Maroontiger419

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 01:00 PM

I love when you make up claims with no evidence. What kid has SFA ever helped go D1? They take kids who are already D1 players and take the credit for getting them to college.

Also, haven't you spoken about McD's supposed lack of skill position talent constantly the last few years. Last year, McDonogh had the 2nd most players on FBS rosters (8) of any school in the Baltimore Metro area.

DE Allen Jackson (Duke)
DE Roman Braglio (UMD)
WR Michael Cornwell (UMD)
OL Ellis McKinnie (UMD)
K Mike Shinsky (UMD)
DB Josh Woods (UMD)
LB Wyatt Cook (Purdue)
DB Eric Burrell (Wisconsin)

Who are the other skill guys who should have gone higher? The only QB they've graduated since 2012 was Jansen Durham, who passed on offers from some FCS state schools to sign with Williams for academic reasons. McGriff has been their main RB since 2014.

Walk-ons count?

#17 Maroontiger419

Maroontiger419

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 01:04 PM

Because Mimi's walk-ons, CHC has 7 FBS players. So does McD, Gilman I think has the most.

#18 eaglesinsider

eaglesinsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 01:08 PM

Walk-ons count?

I'm going off the Sun's list from August: http://www.baltimore...-htmlstory.html

#19 Blessed1

Blessed1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 01:16 PM

Maroontiger ..You said he is a Good Kid ,grades are fine..What happened?

#20 gillytech

gillytech

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 01:19 PM

Let's mute that point right now.

That's not a thing.  The term is "moot" point

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users