Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eaglesinsider

2017 McDonogh Football Schedule

123 posts in this topic

SJC getting being mad at McD about the way they recruit is funny....Throw the old G into that mix as well...

It's not about the way they recruit, it's about actively contacting players on their roster.

That's actually pretty funny GA...You ask why Mcdonogh's schedule warrants its own thread, yet you've posted 5 times on the FIRST PAGE OF IT.

And how many of those times did I actually talk about their schedule? ONCE TROLL!

It's not about the way they recruit, it's about actively contacting players on their roster.

Samething SFA is doing so I'm guessing that's the norm. 

Anybody saying anything about the tryout camps SFA has with kids from other schools, no different

This is 8 players in the last 6 years with two being walk-ons and three linemen! So you basically proved my point.

8 in 5 if you want to get technical, which I do since you're being so petty. Braglio/Jackson are the oldest and graduated in 2012. That list doesn't include the 2017 kids so 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016= 5 years.

Again, name any McD skill players who should have gone higher. It's SO surprising that half of McD's scholarship FBS players in that span (3 out of 6 if you need me to do the math for you) come from the positions they've improved the most in since 2012.

A bunch of D2/D3 kids and lax players at the skill positions beat up on Gilman's highly ranked skill players 2 years in a row (and put a big scare into them in the 100th game) behind a star-studded OL/DL. When you only have 5 or less spots a year to bring kids in, you have to use them wisely. Skill players are a dime a dozen. Games are won and lost on the LOS.

8 in 5 if you want to get technical, which I do since you're being so petty. Braglio/Jackson are the oldest and graduated in 2012. That list doesn't include the 2017 kids so 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016= 5 years.

Again, name any McD skill players who should have gone higher. It's SO surprising that half of McD's scholarship FBS players in that span (3 out of 6 if you need me to do the math for you) come from the positions they've improved the most in since 2012.

A bunch of D2/D3 kids and lax players at the skill positions beat up on Gilman's highly ranked skill players 2 years in a row (and put a big scare into them in the 100th game) behind a star-studded OL/DL. When you only have 5 or less spots a year to bring kids in, you have to use them wisely. Skill players are a dime a dozen. Games are won and lost on the LOS.

Not my place to say who should have gone D-1, truth be told, McD is pretty horrible at developing their players. And stop saying 8 kids, we aren't talking about walk-ons! So we are talking about 6, 5 if we are being technical because Josh Woods didn't even get his offer until the after All Star game, where Maryland saw him.

And as I said, for all the money and shady business it does, McD is terrible at getting kids into schools.

Maroon don't get mute now you jumped out there wtf happened to McGriff

Word is, McD never had a scrimmage with St. John's. SFA did, and it was cancelled because of their shady recruiting antics.

Word also is that Gonzaga cancelled their trip to McDonogh to go to Gilman for a sure win.

Word also also is that as the one who does the work of compiling all the schedules, I can do what I want when I get them in.

BTW, thank you for doing the work to compile and post them. I am to old and far to lazy to do it myself or is that to lazy and far to old.

Sfa is just as bad as sjc. I know for a fact they won't leave a certain player from GC alone

Which is the way they recruit then...right? I really dont think you can say those two are any different.  Actually, SJC may be worse.  Look at all those big time transfers they have year in and year out.  They must be actively contacting players on other teams rosters to get them...

Not my place to say who should have gone D-1, truth be told, McD is pretty horrible at developing their players. And stop saying 8 kids, we aren't talking about walk-ons! So we are talking about 6, 5 if we are being technical because Josh Woods didn't even get his offer until the after All Star game, where Maryland saw him.

And as I said, for all the money and shady business it does, McD is terrible at getting kids into schools.

Agreed.  For winning all of those games, the results don't show with college matriculation to the D1 Level for football.

Maroon don't get mute now you jumped out there wtf happened to McGriff

If McGriff stays at CHC, do we think his offer count is much higher...IMO i think it would have...what's everyones thoughts.

I think soo, not a fan of DD, but he does get kids into schools

If McGriff stays at CHC, do we think his offer count is much higher...IMO i think it would have...what's everyones thoughts.

There's no question he would have had D-1 offers had he stayed at CHC. Donald is very good at getting kids into schools.

There's no question he would have had D-1 offers had he stayed at CHC. Donald is very good at getting kids into schools.

You're an idiot.

That's all.

Thread is hilarious! Thanks for the laughs. And thanks in advance for the buffoonery that will follow. LMAO!

Was McGriff better and more explosive than Watson?  Watson didn't get his first and only D-1 offer until late which he took over IVY.   I think McGriff was a great HS RB but not sure if he's a D-1 RB overall.  He isn't on the same level as Ibrahim, Brightwell and McFarland who were the best backs in the state.     

Was McGriff better and more explosive than Watson?  Watson didn't get his first and only D-1 offer until late which he took over IVY.   I think McGriff was a great HS RB but not sure if he's a D-1 RB overall.  He isn't on the same level as Ibrahim, Brightwell and McFarland who were the best backs in the state.

I think McGriff when healthy is a better back than Watson, definitely. Obviously Watson is more explosive. I don't think McGriff even got an FCS offer, I could be wrong.

Was McGriff better and more explosive than Watson? Watson didn't get his first and only D-1 offer until late which he took over IVY. I think McGriff was a great HS RB but not sure if he's a D-1 RB overall. He isn't on the same level as Ibrahim, Brightwell and McFarland who were the best backs in the state.

Ivies are D1. Watson had over 10 FCS offers, a couple FBS ones. McGriff should've signed FCS ball.

Idiot that's stating facts.

Facts can be verified. Who knows what happens to McGriff if he stays at CHC.

If he has the same injury history he ends up with the same # of offers.

I saw McGriff at the BTC....only game I have ever seen him play.......thought he was a very good back and definitely the best back on the field that day between 2 games.......was very surprised to see him sign with a D2 school..........Tyree Randolph from Gonzaga as well........Not saying either might be a top POWER five school back......but a lower FBS or FCS back.......definitely for both.

Ivies are D1. Watson had over 10 FCS offers, a couple FBS ones. McGriff should've signed FCS ball.

Ya ya D1 AA or FCS when people talk D1 it's FBS. So what other FBS offers did he have I'm interested in that.

I saw McGriff at the BTC....only game I have ever seen him play.......thought he was a very good back and definitely the best back on the field that day between 2 games.......was very surprised to see him sign with a D2 school..........Tyree Randolph from Gonzaga as well........Not saying either might be a top POWER five school back......but a lower FBS or FCS back.......definitely for both.

I am not sure about that.  I just took a look at both their hudl highlights and they didn't look like bonafide D-1/D-1AA players.  At their size they must be blazing fast, and unfortunately they are not.  But both are going to situations that fit them well.  Just hope they take good advantage of it.

Facts can be verified. Who knows what happens to McGriff if he stays at CHC.

If he has the same injury history he ends up with the same # of offers.

CHC have had much lesser players go D1.