97 replies to this topic

#21 Tiger1012

Tiger1012

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 01:20 PM

Word is, St. John's canceled their scrimmage with McD because your boys are up to their old shady recruiting antics. St. John's, from what I'm told, is none too happy.

By the way, why the hell does McD's schedule warrant it's own thread? Not like this is some monster schedule.

SJC getting being mad at McD about the way they recruit is funny....Throw the old G into that mix as well...

#22 HY3:13

HY3:13

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 01:47 PM

That's actually pretty funny GA...You ask why Mcdonogh's schedule warrants its own thread, yet you've posted 5 times on the FIRST PAGE OF IT. 

#23 DJ88

DJ88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 01:50 PM

Because Mimi's walk-ons, CHC has 7 FBS players. So does McD, Gilman I think has the most.

Must be the coaching then at CHC

#24 city40blast

city40blast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 01:51 PM

^^ haha

#25 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,155 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:14 PM

I love when you make up claims with no evidence. What kid has SFA ever helped go D1? They take kids who are already D1 players and take the credit for getting them to college.

Also, haven't you spoken about McD's supposed lack of skill position talent constantly the last few years. Last year, McDonogh had the 2nd most players on FBS rosters (8) of any school in the Baltimore Metro area.

DE Allen Jackson (Duke)
DE Roman Braglio (UMD)
WR Michael Cornwell (UMD)
OL Ellis McKinnie (UMD)
K Mike Shinsky (UMD)
DB Josh Woods (UMD)
LB Wyatt Cook (Purdue)
DB Eric Burrell (Wisconsin)

Who are the other skill guys who should have gone higher? The only QB they've graduated since 2012 was Jansen Durham, who passed on offers from some FCS state schools to sign with Williams for academic reasons. McGriff has been their main RB since 2014.

This is 8 players in the last 6 years with two being walk-ons and three linemen! So you basically proved my point.

#26 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,155 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:15 PM

SJC getting being mad at McD about the way they recruit is funny....Throw the old G into that mix as well...

It's not about the way they recruit, it's about actively contacting players on their roster.

#27 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,155 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:16 PM

That's actually pretty funny GA...You ask why Mcdonogh's schedule warrants its own thread, yet you've posted 5 times on the FIRST PAGE OF IT.

And how many of those times did I actually talk about their schedule? ONCE TROLL!

#28 RM7

RM7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:37 PM

It's not about the way they recruit, it's about actively contacting players on their roster.

Samething SFA is doing so I'm guessing that's the norm. 

#29 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 04:49 PM

Anybody saying anything about the tryout camps SFA has with kids from other schools, no different

#30 eaglesinsider

eaglesinsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:31 PM

This is 8 players in the last 6 years with two being walk-ons and three linemen! So you basically proved my point.

8 in 5 if you want to get technical, which I do since you're being so petty. Braglio/Jackson are the oldest and graduated in 2012. That list doesn't include the 2017 kids so 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016= 5 years.

Again, name any McD skill players who should have gone higher. It's SO surprising that half of McD's scholarship FBS players in that span (3 out of 6 if you need me to do the math for you) come from the positions they've improved the most in since 2012.

A bunch of D2/D3 kids and lax players at the skill positions beat up on Gilman's highly ranked skill players 2 years in a row (and put a big scare into them in the 100th game) behind a star-studded OL/DL. When you only have 5 or less spots a year to bring kids in, you have to use them wisely. Skill players are a dime a dozen. Games are won and lost on the LOS.

#31 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,155 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:32 PM

8 in 5 if you want to get technical, which I do since you're being so petty. Braglio/Jackson are the oldest and graduated in 2012. That list doesn't include the 2017 kids so 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016= 5 years.

Again, name any McD skill players who should have gone higher. It's SO surprising that half of McD's scholarship FBS players in that span (3 out of 6 if you need me to do the math for you) come from the positions they've improved the most in since 2012.

A bunch of D2/D3 kids and lax players at the skill positions beat up on Gilman's highly ranked skill players 2 years in a row (and put a big scare into them in the 100th game) behind a star-studded OL/DL. When you only have 5 or less spots a year to bring kids in, you have to use them wisely. Skill players are a dime a dozen. Games are won and lost on the LOS.

Not my place to say who should have gone D-1, truth be told, McD is pretty horrible at developing their players. And stop saying 8 kids, we aren't talking about walk-ons! So we are talking about 6, 5 if we are being technical because Josh Woods didn't even get his offer until the after All Star game, where Maryland saw him.

And as I said, for all the money and shady business it does, McD is terrible at getting kids into schools.

#32 GOOCH

GOOCH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:01 PM

Maroon don't get mute now you jumped out there wtf happened to McGriff

#33 fylde5

fylde5

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts
  • LocationJacobus, PA

Posted 07 April 2017 - 05:22 AM

Word is, McD never had a scrimmage with St. John's. SFA did, and it was cancelled because of their shady recruiting antics.

Word also is that Gonzaga cancelled their trip to McDonogh to go to Gilman for a sure win.

Word also also is that as the one who does the work of compiling all the schedules, I can do what I want when I get them in.

BTW, thank you for doing the work to compile and post them. I am to old and far to lazy to do it myself or is that to lazy and far to old.

#34 gc06

gc06

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 05:56 AM

Sfa is just as bad as sjc. I know for a fact they won't leave a certain player from GC alone

#35 Tiger1012

Tiger1012

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:00 AM

Which is the way they recruit then...right? I really dont think you can say those two are any different.  Actually, SJC may be worse.  Look at all those big time transfers they have year in and year out.  They must be actively contacting players on other teams rosters to get them...

#36 Tiger1012

Tiger1012

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:03 AM

Not my place to say who should have gone D-1, truth be told, McD is pretty horrible at developing their players. And stop saying 8 kids, we aren't talking about walk-ons! So we are talking about 6, 5 if we are being technical because Josh Woods didn't even get his offer until the after All Star game, where Maryland saw him.

And as I said, for all the money and shady business it does, McD is terrible at getting kids into schools.

Agreed.  For winning all of those games, the results don't show with college matriculation to the D1 Level for football.

#37 Tiger1012

Tiger1012

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:05 AM

Maroon don't get mute now you jumped out there wtf happened to McGriff

If McGriff stays at CHC, do we think his offer count is much higher...IMO i think it would have...what's everyones thoughts.

#38 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:37 AM

I think soo, not a fan of DD, but he does get kids into schools

#39 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,155 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:58 AM

If McGriff stays at CHC, do we think his offer count is much higher...IMO i think it would have...what's everyones thoughts.

There's no question he would have had D-1 offers had he stayed at CHC. Donald is very good at getting kids into schools.

#40 eaglesinsider

eaglesinsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 11:11 AM

There's no question he would have had D-1 offers had he stayed at CHC. Donald is very good at getting kids into schools.

You're an idiot.

That's all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users