#41 themamba

themamba

@aka_themamba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts
  • LocationWorldwide

Posted 07 April 2017 - 11:19 AM

Thread is hilarious! Thanks for the laughs. And thanks in advance for the buffoonery that will follow. LMAO!

#42 RM7

RM7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 11:28 AM

There's no question he would have had D-1 offers had he stayed at CHC. Donald is very good at getting kids into schools.

Was McGriff better and more explosive than Watson?  Watson didn't get his first and only D-1 offer until late which he took over IVY.   I think McGriff was a great HS RB but not sure if he's a D-1 RB overall.  He isn't on the same level as Ibrahim, Brightwell and McFarland who were the best backs in the state.     

#43 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,155 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 12:29 PM

Was McGriff better and more explosive than Watson?  Watson didn't get his first and only D-1 offer until late which he took over IVY.   I think McGriff was a great HS RB but not sure if he's a D-1 RB overall.  He isn't on the same level as Ibrahim, Brightwell and McFarland who were the best backs in the state.

I think McGriff when healthy is a better back than Watson, definitely. Obviously Watson is more explosive. I don't think McGriff even got an FCS offer, I could be wrong.

#44 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,155 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 12:30 PM

You're an idiot.

That's all.

Idiot that's stating facts.

#45 Maroontiger419

Maroontiger419

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 12:30 PM

Was McGriff better and more explosive than Watson? Watson didn't get his first and only D-1 offer until late which he took over IVY. I think McGriff was a great HS RB but not sure if he's a D-1 RB overall. He isn't on the same level as Ibrahim, Brightwell and McFarland who were the best backs in the state.

Ivies are D1. Watson had over 10 FCS offers, a couple FBS ones. McGriff should've signed FCS ball.

#46 eaglesinsider

eaglesinsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 12:36 PM

Idiot that's stating facts.

Facts can be verified. Who knows what happens to McGriff if he stays at CHC.

If he has the same injury history he ends up with the same # of offers.

#47 araiderfan

araiderfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 12:55 PM

I saw McGriff at the BTC....only game I have ever seen him play.......thought he was a very good back and definitely the best back on the field that day between 2 games.......was very surprised to see him sign with a D2 school..........Tyree Randolph from Gonzaga as well........Not saying either might be a top POWER five school back......but a lower FBS or FCS back.......definitely for both.

#48 RM7

RM7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:08 PM

Ivies are D1. Watson had over 10 FCS offers, a couple FBS ones. McGriff should've signed FCS ball.

Ya ya D1 AA or FCS when people talk D1 it's FBS. So what other FBS offers did he have I'm interested in that.

#49 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:10 PM

I saw McGriff at the BTC....only game I have ever seen him play.......thought he was a very good back and definitely the best back on the field that day between 2 games.......was very surprised to see him sign with a D2 school..........Tyree Randolph from Gonzaga as well........Not saying either might be a top POWER five school back......but a lower FBS or FCS back.......definitely for both.

I am not sure about that.  I just took a look at both their hudl highlights and they didn't look like bonafide D-1/D-1AA players.  At their size they must be blazing fast, and unfortunately they are not.  But both are going to situations that fit them well.  Just hope they take good advantage of it.

#50 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,155 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:22 PM

Facts can be verified. Who knows what happens to McGriff if he stays at CHC.

If he has the same injury history he ends up with the same # of offers.

CHC have had much lesser players go D1.

#51 Tiger1012

Tiger1012

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:34 PM

I am not sure about that.  I just took a look at both their hudl highlights and they didn't look like bonafide D-1/D-1AA players.  At their size they must be blazing fast, and unfortunately they are not.  But both are going to situations that fit them well.  Just hope they take good advantage of it.

Pretty sure Watson is blazing fast and then some.  Not sure what you are looking at

#52 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:47 PM

Pretty sure Watson is blazing fast and then some.  Not sure what you are looking at

I was responding to Araiderfan post regarding McGriff and Randolph.

#53 city40blast

city40blast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 04:44 PM

The point is to use football as a tool to get to college and graduate. No matter the level it's a great accomplishment for the young black men. Geez

#54 gc06

gc06

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 04:47 PM

GA, Calvert hall going to be pretty good next season?

#55 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 05:33 PM

The point is to use football as a tool to get to college and graduate. No matter the level it's a great accomplishment for the young black men. Geez

100% in agreement with you Forty!

#56 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,155 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 06:08 PM

GA, Calvert hall going to be pretty good next season?

Nope. Will miss Watson big time and still no QB.

#57 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,155 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 06:10 PM

Who's speaking down on the kids? This is about McD and what they've accomplished with their program and sending kids to the next level. My question to you is, do you think when McGriff transferred to McD hat he was thinking he was going there to end up at a D2 school?

#58 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 06:13 PM

And low level at that

#59 HSFBLover

HSFBLover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 06:30 PM

There's no question he would have had D-1 offers had he stayed at CHC. Donald is very good at getting kids into schools.

Grey how is this? You act like College coaches weren't going to Mcd to recruit.

They obviously were with them having other guys with offers.

He obviously just wasn't good enough in the eyes of talent evaluators.

He honestly didn't pop off the screen as a high level college athlete so I'm not to surprised.

He most def had the exposure

#60 GOOCH

GOOCH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 06:41 PM

I agree DAVIS gets the job done in that area . I don't think McGriff would be going to Clarion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users