Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bowie-Bruce

Down on the Farm

107 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, dshawg1 said:

He has been playing RF-he looks okay-isn't going to win any gold gloves-probably somewhere between Trumbo and Smith.

That's good enough for me!!   Quite frankly, I'm tired of watching Buck's broken down old war horses Tilly, Hardy, Trumbo, Smith and Flash be hurt and floundering around all year.  Really what have these guys brought to the table this year.  Smith hasn't been bad, but meh.  I'd like to see all these guys jettisoned/not resigned in the off season.  Time for some new blood like Santander.

For any good news with the O's these days, one has to continue to look towards the minors. And Hays provides plenty of optimism at Bowie. Over 49 games with the Baysox, his batting line is .338/.367/.632 along with 14 HR and 45 RBI. In 49 games.

I went to the Bowie game on Sunday, I saw David Hess pitch (fan of his) and saw the Baysox win on a nice day. I know Mountcastle is only batting the Mendoza line, but had some nice plays at 3B and a clutch hit. Some terrible calls by the umpire that game too. Baysox going to the playoffs!

1 hour ago, Bowie-Bruce said:

For any good news with the O's these days, one has to continue to look towards the minors. And Hays provides plenty of optimism at Bowie. Over 49 games with the Baysox, his batting line is .338/.367/.632 along with 14 HR and 45 RBI. In 49 games.

Hays hit a homer on Sunday-that guy is awesome. So is Mullings (Mullings is slumping now however).

I am shocked how short both are (at least they seem short in comparison).

8 hours ago, Bowie-Bruce said:

This is good news on Hays.  When was the last time we had an all around good every day corner OF?   I can only thing of Markakis from in the 2011/2012 time frame.  His power tanked the last couple years he was here.  Its been a desert in the corners for years.

Aussie southpaw Alex Wells has enjoyed a tremendous year ar Delmarva. Over 25 starts, in 140 IP he has allowed 118 H and a WHIP of 0.91. Just as impressively, Wells has struck out 113 while allowing only 10 walks. That is one helluva ratio for the 20 year old down under.

Oh, and Frederick OFer Ademar Rifaela was just named MVP of the Carolina League. The 22 year old from Curacao leads the league with 24 taters, along with a batting line of .280/.350/.499.

I must admit that this guy has flown under my radar.