• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Bowie-Bruce

Bowie-Bruce

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,862 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:53 AM

Of course there's a whole lots of season left, but it looks like some good stuff is happpening in Frederick. Through 3 starts, Sedlock has a WHIP of 0.82 and a 2.12 ERA.

Reyes .358/.528/.910
Jays .339/.571/.944
Mountcastle .321/.509/.878
Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.
--Thoreau

#22 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,713 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:38 AM

I was hoping Reyes would have developed further by now. He's starting his 4th year in pro ball, and he has only gotten to Fredneck. He only just turned 20, so there's time. And I'm not necessarily concerned for his development. I imagined a scenario where he moves up, takes over 3B, and Manny to go to SS in '18. Then they extend Manny and trade Davis or Trumbo to offset the $30-40M/yr.    

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#23 dshawg1

dshawg1

Let's Go O's!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,657 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:36 PM

Bobby Bundy sent back to Aberdeen. Gotta think he is on borrowed time professionally.
Coed Flag Football, Basketball, Dodgeball, Softball, Kickball & More!
http://www.PlayBaltimore.com

Free Real Estate/Financial Tips:
www.FinancialHangout.com

#24 Bowie-Bruce

Bowie-Bruce

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,862 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:44 PM

I was hoping Reyes would have developed further by now. He's starting his 4th year in pro ball, and he has only gotten to Fredneck. He only just turned 20, so there's time. And I'm not necessarily concerned for his development. I imagined a scenario where he moves up, takes over 3B, and Manny to go to SS in '18. Then they extend Manny and trade Davis or Trumbo to offset the $30-40M/yr.

While it has to be acknowledged that Reyes is "repeating" Frederick this season, he is still 2.5 years younger than the league average.
--Thoreau

#25 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:15 PM

While it has to be acknowledged that Reyes is "repeating" Frederick this season, he is still 2.5 years younger than the league average.

Didn't he hurt his thumb either last year or the year before?  I thought that had set him back.

Dorsch promoted to Norfolk.  Both their 3B hurt.  He was hitting like .429 at Bowie.  LH hitting third baseman. 

#26 dshawg1

dshawg1

Let's Go O's!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,657 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:39 AM

Roch said Steve Johnson is headed to Norfolk.

www.FinancialHangout.com

#27 Bowie-Bruce

Bowie-Bruce

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,862 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:50 AM

Sedlock allowed 1 hit in 5 IP yesterday for the Keys. He is now 3-0 with a 1.64 ERA and sub 1 WHIP.
--Thoreau

#28 dshawg1

dshawg1

Let's Go O's!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,657 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:41 PM

Sedlock allowed 1 hit in 5 IP yesterday for the Keys. He is now 3-0 with a 1.64 ERA and sub 1 WHIP.

Gotta think he isn't being challenged. I hope to see him in Bowie when Ibreturn from my trip. Cedric Mullins too! Not looking forward to seeing DJ Stewart so much lol

www.FinancialHangout.com

#29 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,713 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:55 PM

Gotta think he isn't being challenged. I hope to see him in Bowie when Ibreturn from my trip. Cedric Mullins too! Not looking forward to seeing DJ Stewart so much lol

That's what I thought too. Remember when Bundy was pitching in the minors? He dominated up through Frederick. I can't totally remember, but it felt like he didn't give up a run, until he went to Bowie. 

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#30 BayAreaBmore

BayAreaBmore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:17 PM

This is the ideal scenario in my mind as well. Which would include not picking up Hardy's option which will free up what $14 million?? That money should go directly to Machado. I don't see them trading Davis but Trumbo would be a possibility. Then again he's only inked to a three year deal and isn't overly expensive assuming he starts hitting again.

#31 dshawg1

dshawg1

Let's Go O's!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,657 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:50 AM

David Hess had a nice performance after Scott today. I love Hess, we will see if he can turn it around.

www.FinancialHangout.com

#32 Bowie-Bruce

Bowie-Bruce

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,862 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:25 PM

Aussie lefthander Alex Wells is following up on his strong 2016 season at Aberdeen with a good start so far with Delmarva. In 4 starts, 20 year old Wells has an identical WHIP and ERA of 1.00. What may be most impressive to me is his strikeout to walk ratio, better than 7 to 1.
--Thoreau

#33 dshawg1

dshawg1

Let's Go O's!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,657 posts

Posted Today, 04:22 AM

Chris Lee finally pitched well.

Francisco Jimenz had a REAL nice game for Delmarva (no relation to the turd on our pitching staff)

It looks like Richard Blier is off the DL for Norfolk, he was pitching well in a limited sample, before he got hurt. He might be in the rotation soon. 

Logan Verrett (out of the bp) and Wright have both been awful for Norfolk. Gotta think Verrett is in danger of losing his 40-man spot and lord knows why Wright hasn't been moved to the bp yet, the O's are a stubborn bunch...

www.FinancialHangout.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users