#1 Dinglehopper

Dinglehopper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 06:17 AM

http://www.wbaltv.co...-charge/9246870

A longtime Maryland state legislator is facing a federal wire fraud charge, according to court records.

State Sen. Nathaniel Oaks, 70, a Baltimore Democrat, is accused of using his position as a member of the House of Delegates to influence a development project.

#2 Dinglehopper

Dinglehopper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 06:18 AM

I am suuure this is just an isolated case and not an example of how business is done in Maryland

#3 caliber45

caliber45

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:10 AM

Another dirty politician. Throw away the key on that POS. :angry:

#4 Woodbuchr

Woodbuchr

Moonset at the Badlands SD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:56 AM

It's not his first brush with authorities over his activities.

http://www.baltimore...0407-story.html

Oaks served 28 years in the House of Delegates; his tenure was interrupted for five years starting in 1989 after he was convicted of stealing from his campaign fund.

Just because you have no interest in politics
Doesn't mean they have no interest in you
Pericles 461 BC

#5 Dinglehopper

Dinglehopper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 11:12 AM

Business as usual in Annapolis

#6 retired

retired

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 06:55 PM

It couldn't have happened to a more deserving individual.  He's been a "wrong'un" for many years and it was only a matter of time before he got caught -- again.

#7 Papi

Papi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,740 posts
  • LocationHarford County Maryland

Posted 08 April 2017 - 07:38 PM

He must be following the models set by various politicians from Prince Georges County over the years. Birds of a feather....

#8 Rocketwolf

Rocketwolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,762 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:35 PM

A longtime Maryland state legislator

a Baltimore Democrat,

And he is a crook, no surprise there, now is there.

I trust the Police
more than I trust President Obama

#9 Dinglehopper

Dinglehopper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:17 AM

http://www.baltimore...0126-story.html

From January of this year

Nathaniel Oaks will likely represent Northwest Baltimore in the Maryland State Senate after being unanimously recommended by Democratic Party officials on Thursday evening.

Oaks was recommended by a panel of Baltimore City Democratic State Central Committee members to replace Lisa Gladden in Annapolis after the longtime state senator resigned before the start of the annual legislative session this year. Gladden, midway through her fourth term representing the 41st District, has multiple sclerosis.

Oaks wiped away tears after the vote, which he called "emotional."

"It's a good feeling. Something that I think I always wanted is coming to fruition," said Oaks, who has been a member of the House of Delegates for 28 years. "We got a lot of work to do up here in the Park Heights area. Lots of work to do in Edmondson Village. It's a whole lot of pockets that need a whole lot."

#10 Smokey 1

Smokey 1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,979 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:43 AM

Ole Natty needs some jail time.   :D

#11 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,833 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 10:27 AM

Ole Natty needs some jail time.   :D

Never happen....he is black, he is from Baltimore and he is a democrat.

Need I say more. :lol: :rolleyes:

#12 retired

retired

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:18 PM

One difference -- this time the Feds got him! So his race, address and party affiliation won't count for anything in the courtroom.

#13 VOSA

VOSA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,979 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:11 PM

Racists, you're all racists.

Mr. Oaks was simply trying to get his reparations.

#14 Dinglehopper

Dinglehopper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:27 PM

One difference -- this time the Feds got him! So his race, address and party affiliation won't count for anything in the courtroom.

Let's hope you are right and he gets rigorous prosecution, a fair trial, and if guilty appropriate punishment  

#15 stevez51

stevez51

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,197 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:33 AM

He will get a stern warning and allowed to keep his seat ......

#16 pepper

pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,546 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:11 PM

It's not his first brush with authorities over his activities.

http://www.baltimore...0407-story.html

It's probably safe to say that he contributed to so much more corruption than what he was busted for, past and current. True of just about every busted pol and criminal. 

I've read of people being banned for life from airlines, from drunken behavior, and I've been personally banned from two malls in this area, for skateboarding. 

How is it even possible that someone convicted of theft is allowed back to the teat? 5 years?  I rode a skateboard in Westview's food court, and I still can't go back! (granted, the adults involved at the time are all dead, and I don't even know if there's still a Westview Mall).

Politicians convicted of theft should be banned from public office for life. 

Edited by pepper, 10 April 2017 - 05:25 PM.

#17 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,625 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:45 PM

It's probably safe to say that he contributed to so much more corruption than what he was busted for, past and current. True of just about every busted pol and criminal. 

I've read of people being banned for life from airlines, from drunken behavior, and I've been personally banned from two malls in this area, for skateboarding. 

How is it even possible that someone convicted of theft is allowed back to the teat? 5 years?  I rode a skateboard in Westview's food court, and I still can't go back! (granted, the adults involved at the time are all dead, and I don't even know if there's still a Westview Mall).

Politicians convicted of theft should be banned from public office for life.

Westview has reverted to an open-air shopping center. You ought to try it and see if you get kicked out.
Dieser Weg wird kein leichter sein; dieser Weg wird steinig und schwer.
Nicht mit vielen wirst du dir einig sein, doch dieses Leben bietet so viel mehr. --Xavier Naidoo

#18 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,638 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:41 PM

Remember the old York Steakhouse?

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#19 PinkFlamingo

PinkFlamingo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,561 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:46 PM

Remember the old York Steakhouse?

Don't start reminiscing, or Matt will move you to OM in a thread entitled "Memories of Westview Mall."

#20 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,833 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:14 AM

Read in the Sun today that Oaks strolled into the last meeting of the GA like nothing happen. Talk about a set....if they were any bigger he wouldn't be able to walk.

Oh and did you hear he is too poor to afford his attorney. So one was appointed. I dunno, he gets 48,000 from the GA work and 70000 from IWIF where he manages state funds. Ohhhh boy....

So he is making around 120000 a  year and he can't afford a lawyer? Hmmmm maybe it is the cost of those funny Jackie Kennedy hats he wears. :lol:

Fortunately the judge has some common sense and is ordering an audit of his finances.

I looked up scumbag in the dictionary ....saw Oaks's picture next to the definition. :o

Maryland’s Injured Workers Insurance Fund

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users