Dinglehopper

Nathaniel Oaks Get Caught!

30 posts in this topic

I am suuure this is just an isolated case and not an example of how business is done in Maryland

Another dirty politician. Throw away the key on that POS. :angry:

It couldn't have happened to a more deserving individual.  He's been a "wrong'un" for many years and it was only a matter of time before he got caught -- again.

He must be following the models set by various politicians from Prince Georges County over the years. Birds of a feather....

A longtime Maryland state legislator

a Baltimore Democrat,

And he is a crook, no surprise there, now is there.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/politics/bs-md-ci-gladden-replacement-20170126-story.html

From January of this year

Nathaniel Oaks will likely represent Northwest Baltimore in the Maryland State Senate after being unanimously recommended by Democratic Party officials on Thursday evening.

Oaks was recommended by a panel of Baltimore City Democratic State Central Committee members to replace Lisa Gladden in Annapolis after the longtime state senator resigned before the start of the annual legislative session this year. Gladden, midway through her fourth term representing the 41st District, has multiple sclerosis.

Oaks wiped away tears after the vote, which he called "emotional."

"It's a good feeling. Something that I think I always wanted is coming to fruition," said Oaks, who has been a member of the House of Delegates for 28 years. "We got a lot of work to do up here in the Park Heights area. Lots of work to do in Edmondson Village. It's a whole lot of pockets that need a whole lot."

Ole Natty needs some jail time.   :D

Ole Natty needs some jail time.   :D

Never happen....he is black, he is from Baltimore and he is a democrat.

Need I say more. :lol::rolleyes:

One difference -- this time the Feds got him! So his race, address and party affiliation won't count for anything in the courtroom.

Racists, you're all racists.

Mr. Oaks was simply trying to get his reparations.

One difference -- this time the Feds got him! So his race, address and party affiliation won't count for anything in the courtroom.

Let's hope you are right and he gets rigorous prosecution, a fair trial, and if guilty appropriate punishment  

He will get a stern warning and allowed to keep his seat ......

Posted (edited)

It's probably safe to say that he contributed to so much more corruption than what he was busted for, past and current. True of just about every busted pol and criminal. 

I've read of people being banned for life from airlines, from drunken behavior, and I've been personally banned from two malls in this area, for skateboarding. 

How is it even possible that someone convicted of theft is allowed back to the teat? 5 years?  I rode a skateboard in Westview's food court, and I still can't go back! (granted, the adults involved at the time are all dead, and I don't even know if there's still a Westview Mall).

Politicians convicted of theft should be banned from public office for life. 

Edited by pepper

It's probably safe to say that he contributed to so much more corruption than what he was busted for, past and current. True of just about every busted pol and criminal. 

I've read of people being banned for life from airlines, from drunken behavior, and I've been personally banned from two malls in this area, for skateboarding. 

How is it even possible that someone convicted of theft is allowed back to the teat? 5 years?  I rode a skateboard in Westview's food court, and I still can't go back! (granted, the adults involved at the time are all dead, and I don't even know if there's still a Westview Mall).

Politicians convicted of theft should be banned from public office for life.

Westview has reverted to an open-air shopping center. You ought to try it and see if you get kicked out.

Remember the old York Steakhouse?

Remember the old York Steakhouse?

Don't start reminiscing, or Matt will move you to OM in a thread entitled "Memories of Westview Mall."

Read in the Sun today that Oaks strolled into the last meeting of the GA like nothing happen. Talk about a set....if they were any bigger he wouldn't be able to walk.

Oh and did you hear he is too poor to afford his attorney. So one was appointed. I dunno, he gets 48,000 from the GA work and 70000 from IWIF where he manages state funds. Ohhhh boy....

So he is making around 120000 a  year and he can't afford a lawyer? Hmmmm maybe it is the cost of those funny Jackie Kennedy hats he wears. :lol:

Fortunately the judge has some common sense and is ordering an audit of his finances.

I looked up scumbag in the dictionary ....saw Oaks's picture next to the definition. :o

Maryland’s Injured Workers Insurance Fund

Read in the Sun today that Oaks strolled into the last meeting of the GA like nothing happen. Talk about a set....if they were any bigger he wouldn't be able to walk.

Oh and did you hear he is too poor to afford his attorney. So one was appointed. I dunno, he gets 48,000 from the GA work and 70000 from IWIF where he manages state funds. Ohhhh boy....

So he is making around 120000 a  year and he can't afford a lawyer? Hmmmm maybe it is the cost of those funny Jackie Kennedy hats he wears. :lol:

Fortunately the judge has some common sense and is ordering an audit of his finances.

I looked up scumbag in the dictionary ....saw Oaks's picture next to the definition. :o

Maryland’s Injured Workers Insurance Fund

Their name is now Chesapeake Employer's Insurance.  :)

Their name is now Chesapeake Employer's Insurance.  :)

Whatever.

Mr. Oaks was just playing by the rules of Baltimore politics.

Posted (edited)

Mr. Oaks was just playing by the rules of Baltimore politics.

Oh like, pretend you care about your constituency, , make sure the tax paying citizen gets screwed, make sure that everyone but the tax payer gets goodies, pass bills that help but a few but avoid bills that may help everyone (I refer to the GA blowing off the Internet bill), blame everyone else for your short comings or illegal activities, have everyone else pay for your screw-ups and be able to dodge jail time in a way that no average citizen could?

Those rules? :mad::rolleyes:

Edited by Guido2

Westview has reverted to an open-air shopping center. You ought to try it and see if you get kicked out.

Matt, I've been tempted, but for about the last 20 years, you couldn't get me buzzed enough to ride a skateboard. And I used to tear it up!  I've rode vertical in skate park bowls that I would even walk up to the edge of today.

I wouldn't get kicked out. One curb hop, my back goes, and they ride me out with an EMT. And a fresh ban.