Dinglehopper

Nathaniel Oaks Get Caught!

30 posts in this topic

Whatever.

It matters, because at the end of every workday, someone's waiting for your safe return.

It matters, because at the end of every workday, someone's waiting for your safe return.

Too many Chesapeake Employers Insurance commercials. Also, I was just suggesting going to Westview, not riding a skateboard there! :)

If it's as you describe, it isn't Westwood, anymore than Golden Ring or Hunt Valley. It's just another shopping center. I get the new model though. 

I can't do the skateboard thing, or any of the other stuff I used to do, like water and snow skiing. I do love to ride my bike, and it's amazing but I can do 10 miles in an afternoon with no trouble, but cut the grass on Saturday and I pay for it on Sunday. 

Sorry, Nathaniel Oaks.  Typical scum, and like Manny alluded, he was just doing what so many in position have always done. But there should be no second chances here. He obviously didn't change his corrupt ways, because why would he? If that crap meant you loose the power and the position permanently it might be a real deterant. 

Is there any argument against a permanent ban from politics if you get caught abusing?

If it's as you describe, it isn't Westwood, anymore than Golden Ring or Hunt Valley. It's just another shopping center. I get the new model though. 

I can't do the skateboard thing, or any of the other stuff I used to do, like water and snow skiing. I do love to ride my bike, and it's amazing but I can do 10 miles in an afternoon with no trouble, but cut the grass on Saturday and I pay for it on Sunday. 

Sorry, Nathaniel Oaks.  Typical scum, and like Manny alluded, he was just doing what so many in position have always done. But there should be no second chances here. He obviously didn't change his corrupt ways, because why would he? If that crap meant you loose the power and the position permanently it might be a real deterant. 

Is there any argument against a permanent ban from politics if you get caught abusing?

Well, Sheila Dixon was prohibited from politics for a time, but it was not a permanent ban, and she was able to run last year.

Posted (edited)

Well, Sheila Dixon was prohibited from politics for a time, but it was not a permanent ban, and she was able to run last year.

I feel she shouldn't have been able to occupy public office. Oaks is a perfect example of someone that took advantage of his constituents feelings on redemption, and went on to abuse that sentiment. Will Dixon do the same if given a position? Maybe not, but why even take the risk? There is no shortage of up and comers and thats a good thing, even if it only changes the names on the blotter. Sadly, the new council's first move was a silly proclamation against Trump (deserved, but not worth the time maybe?) but to me it's an indication of maybe future foolishness and nonsense that achieves nothing. I hope I'm dead wrong. I've heard a few of the new members on the C4 show, and they seem seriously invested in helping the city.

Edited by pepper