29 replies to this topic

#21 blowboatbethesda

blowboatbethesda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:28 AM

Read in the Sun today that Oaks strolled into the last meeting of the GA like nothing happen. Talk about a set....if they were any bigger he wouldn't be able to walk.

Oh and did you hear he is too poor to afford his attorney. So one was appointed. I dunno, he gets 48,000 from the GA work and 70000 from IWIF where he manages state funds. Ohhhh boy....

So he is making around 120000 a  year and he can't afford a lawyer? Hmmmm maybe it is the cost of those funny Jackie Kennedy hats he wears. :lol:

Fortunately the judge has some common sense and is ordering an audit of his finances.

I looked up scumbag in the dictionary ....saw Oaks's picture next to the definition. :o

Maryland’s Injured Workers Insurance Fund

Their name is now Chesapeake Employer's Insurance.  :)

#22 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,833 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:59 AM

Their name is now Chesapeake Employer's Insurance.  :)

Whatever.

#23 Manny

Manny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,536 posts
  • LocationEastern Shore of Maryland

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:32 AM

Mr. Oaks was just playing by the rules of Baltimore politics.

#24 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,833 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:38 AM

Mr. Oaks was just playing by the rules of Baltimore politics.

Oh like, pretend you care about your constituency, , make sure the tax paying citizen gets screwed, make sure that everyone but the tax payer gets goodies, pass bills that help but a few but avoid bills that may help everyone (I refer to the GA blowing off the Internet bill), blame everyone else for your short comings or illegal activities, have everyone else pay for your screw-ups and be able to dodge jail time in a way that no average citizen could?

Those rules? :mad: :rolleyes:

Edited by Guido2, 11 April 2017 - 09:39 AM.

#25 pepper

pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,546 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:21 PM

Westview has reverted to an open-air shopping center. You ought to try it and see if you get kicked out.

Matt, I've been tempted, but for about the last 20 years, you couldn't get me buzzed enough to ride a skateboard. And I used to tear it up!  I've rode vertical in skate park bowls that I would even walk up to the edge of today.

I wouldn't get kicked out. One curb hop, my back goes, and they ride me out with an EMT. And a fresh ban.  

#26 pepper

pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,546 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:22 PM

Whatever.

It matters, because at the end of every workday, someone's waiting for your safe return.

#27 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,625 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:57 PM

It matters, because at the end of every workday, someone's waiting for your safe return.

Too many Chesapeake Employers Insurance commercials. Also, I was just suggesting going to Westview, not riding a skateboard there! :)
Dieser Weg wird kein leichter sein; dieser Weg wird steinig und schwer.
Nicht mit vielen wirst du dir einig sein, doch dieses Leben bietet so viel mehr. --Xavier Naidoo

#28 pepper

pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,546 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:04 PM

If it's as you describe, it isn't Westwood, anymore than Golden Ring or Hunt Valley. It's just another shopping center. I get the new model though. 

I can't do the skateboard thing, or any of the other stuff I used to do, like water and snow skiing. I do love to ride my bike, and it's amazing but I can do 10 miles in an afternoon with no trouble, but cut the grass on Saturday and I pay for it on Sunday. 

Sorry, Nathaniel Oaks.  Typical scum, and like Manny alluded, he was just doing what so many in position have always done. But there should be no second chances here. He obviously didn't change his corrupt ways, because why would he? If that crap meant you loose the power and the position permanently it might be a real deterant. 

Is there any argument against a permanent ban from politics if you get caught abusing?

#29 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,625 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:25 PM

If it's as you describe, it isn't Westwood, anymore than Golden Ring or Hunt Valley. It's just another shopping center. I get the new model though. 

I can't do the skateboard thing, or any of the other stuff I used to do, like water and snow skiing. I do love to ride my bike, and it's amazing but I can do 10 miles in an afternoon with no trouble, but cut the grass on Saturday and I pay for it on Sunday. 

Sorry, Nathaniel Oaks.  Typical scum, and like Manny alluded, he was just doing what so many in position have always done. But there should be no second chances here. He obviously didn't change his corrupt ways, because why would he? If that crap meant you loose the power and the position permanently it might be a real deterant. 

Is there any argument against a permanent ban from politics if you get caught abusing?

Well, Sheila Dixon was prohibited from politics for a time, but it was not a permanent ban, and she was able to run last year.

Dieser Weg wird kein leichter sein; dieser Weg wird steinig und schwer.
Nicht mit vielen wirst du dir einig sein, doch dieses Leben bietet so viel mehr. --Xavier Naidoo

#30 pepper

pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,546 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:46 PM

Well, Sheila Dixon was prohibited from politics for a time, but it was not a permanent ban, and she was able to run last year.

I feel she shouldn't have been able to occupy public office. Oaks is a perfect example of someone that took advantage of his constituents feelings on redemption, and went on to abuse that sentiment. Will Dixon do the same if given a position? Maybe not, but why even take the risk? There is no shortage of up and comers and thats a good thing, even if it only changes the names on the blotter. Sadly, the new council's first move was a silly proclamation against Trump (deserved, but not worth the time maybe?) but to me it's an indication of maybe future foolishness and nonsense that achieves nothing. I hope I'm dead wrong. I've heard a few of the new members on the C4 show, and they seem seriously invested in helping the city.

Edited by pepper, 16 April 2017 - 04:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users