Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Twister

With lethal injection drugs expiring, Arkansas plans unprecedented seven executions in 11 days

90 posts in this topic

him too

short stay

Marcel Williams was pronounced dead at 10:33 p.m. Central Time, 17 minutes after the procedure began at the Cummins Unit in southeastern Arkansas. Jack Jones had been put to death more than three hours earlier.

Williams' execution had been delayed for two hours after a federal judge in Little Rock issued an emergency stay over concerns about how Jones' execution was carried out. Williams' attorneys claimed Jones gasped for air, an account the state's attorney general denied, but the judge lifted her stay about an hour later.

So no double feature tonight.   

Happy to be wrong about that one.  Legal lawful sentence (finally) carried out x 2.

It's refreshing to know the legal system worked as envisioned by the people and elected lawmakers of the state, despite the unnecessary and expensive delays in completing the sentence.  Well done, Arkansas.  

State sanctioned murder.

What an empty existence one must lead to take so much joy in death.

There are some really sick puppies around, to them a stroll around the local boneyard must be a real giggle.

Wonder how many of the pontificators on this thread have ever actually witnessed an execution, by any method.

I'll posit my old hypothesis : This is a test to make you really think about the question "Am I for the death penalty"?. Remember, this is hypothetical.

OK, you are the position to abolish the death penalty forever. Your son/daughter or someone you love very much is accused of murder and is facing the needle. The murder took place in another state at a time that she/he was with you and there is no way she/he could've done it. You can abolish it saving their life, however, if you do, it's gone forever. Do you do it? If you do, you're against the death penalty.

Posted (edited)

I'll posit my old hypothesis : This is a test to make you really think about the question "Am I for the death penalty"?. Remember, this is hypothetical.

OK, you are the position to abolish the death penalty forever. Your son/daughter or someone you love very much is accused of murder and is facing the needle. The murder took place in another state at a time that she/he was with you and there is no way she/he could've done it. You can abolish it saving their life, however, if you do, it's gone forever. Do you do it? If you do, you're against the death penalty.

An interesting hypothesis. However, FWIW that situation would not alter my position on the DP, because I am totally against it under any circumstance. I am aware that, of course, my position is not important here, as I don't have a dog in this fight. But fortunately, don't have the problem of the DP in my own country.

Edited by WKDWZD

The death fetishists were fit to burst with all these delays. Now they can relax.

If I were sentenced to life w/o parole, I'd want to be executed.

Posted (edited)

yea we should keep him alive so he can escape again and murder more people,

that's brilliant

Edited by genghiskhanraven

If I were sentenced to life w/o parole, I'd want to be executed.

How can someone receive like 3 life sentences ...???

Once they die they bring them back to serve the other 2 ..??? ( guess that's not really funny )

How can someone receive like 3 life sentences ...???

Once they die they bring them back to serve the other 2 ..??? ( guess that's not really funny )

In some states life without parole is not an option. If they run consecutively when you get paroled you begin the next one. Also if somehow you get off on appeal on one it keeps you in on the other counts.

Next thing up - Kenneth Williams - Execution set for 7PM Apr 27, 2017

Court documents show Williams drove them to several ATMs to get money and then shot them both before speeding away in a stolen car. The friend survived, but Dominique died at the hospital.  Williams was put in prison for the double shooting and Dominique's murder.

On an October morning in 1999, Williams escaped from the Cummins Unit, walked about two miles down the road from the jail and broke into a home, where he killed Cecil Boren. Cecil's wife, Genie, was at church at the time.  Genie says Williams drug her husband outside and shot him six times near their garden.  Williams then took off to Missouri where he killed a man in a traffic accident.*

In 2000, Williams was sentenced to death. He is scheduled to be executed Thursday in the same prison from which he escaped.  "We've been waiting a long, long time for this. He did a wrong. His jury of peers gave him a death sentence. People have to be punished for the things they've done," Genie said.

* - after killing the man in the auto accident, Williams spit on the dead man and kicked him as he walked past his body

If only this thing would have been executed after the first murder...

Arkansas put convicted killer Kenneth Williams to death Thursday night— the last of a controversial series of executions carried out as the state moved to carry out the sentences before its supply of a lethal injection drug expired.

Arkansas Department of Correction Spokesman Solomon Graves said that the lethal injection was administered at 10:52 p.m. local time (11:52 p.m. ET) and Williams was declared dead at 11:05 p.m.

Justice served.  Delayed, but finally served.

This thing got what it deserved after a long long wait.