Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

With lethal injection drugs expiring, Arkansas plans unprecedented seven executions in 11 days

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#21 banner1124

banner1124

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,625 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:16 AM

They should bring back public hangings. The rope doesn't expire.

yeeeeeeeeee haaaaaawwwwwwwwwww... keyboard cowboy! :rolleyes:

*****HAIL TO THE REDSKINS*****

#22 ncbirdfan

ncbirdfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:19 AM

Not at all. I realize that politicians have no morality. What makes you think the pope's positions are based on high moral values? When the pope applies the same moral standards he espouses to the rest of the world on the priests serving under him maybe I will take his opinions a bit more seriously. Then again, maybe not. Simply put, I don't place any higher value on the pope's opinion than I would anyone else.

You simply cannot be pro-life and pro-death penalty at the same time without being hypocritical.

#23 Twister

Twister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:27 AM

You simply cannot be pro-life and pro-death penalty at the same time without being hypocritical.

Nor can you be pro-abortion and anti-death penalty without the same judgment. 

#24 ncbirdfan

ncbirdfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:39 PM

I agree.

#25 jtowne-swim

jtowne-swim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,239 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:23 PM

http://www.npr.org/s...pan-in-arkansas

Seems Arkansas also may have used fraud to obtain drugs.
In 20 years....... when global warming causes the polar ice caps to melt....... and the whole planet floods. Swimmers will rule the World:cool: !

ACTION....ADVENTURE.....EXCITEMENT....A Jedi seeks not these things.:D
-Master Yoda

#26 jtowne-swim

jtowne-swim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,239 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:38 PM

Looks like the mass executions are on hold
In 20 years....... when global warming causes the polar ice caps to melt....... and the whole planet floods. Swimmers will rule the World:cool: !

ACTION....ADVENTURE.....EXCITEMENT....A Jedi seeks not these things.:D
-Master Yoda

#27 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,771 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:46 PM

I totally disagree. If you are taking the two terms in the most abstract of meanings, then yes you would be hypocritical having a pro/pro or an anti/anti position. But things are rarely that black and white. I can say I am pro-life because I believe the fetus is an unborn human being and I do not support the murder of an innocent human being. I can also say I support the death penalty because I believe that if one willingly commits the murder of another human being, he has forfeited his right to live. There is no conflict there. The same way I could say I believe aborting an unborn fetus who is not yet a child is justified to prevent unwanted pregnancies and more suffering, yet I am against the death penalty because I don't believe the state has the right to take a life. Science has done a lousy job of accurately defining when life actually begins and thus we have an inconsistency when it comes to abortion.

I don't have to worry about it since I am pro-choice and pro-death penalty. I don't like abortion, and would not want to make that decision for my family. I would prefer that people take responsibility for their actions instead of taking the easy way out, but I also recognize people rarely take responsibility for their actions these days and it is probably better for society if we offer a way out that prevents people from having to raise a child they don't want and simply propagating more misery. Thing is, outside of a forced intercourse situation nobody has to get pregnant if they don't want to. Abortion is an easy way to get rid of a mistake rather than take responsibility. As for the death penalty, I have no issue executing a scumbag murder. I could throw the switch myself and never think anything about it. If you are that evil that you can purposely take the life of another human being, obviously outside of defending yourself or in a combat situation, then I have no problem saying you have forfeited your right to life. Just like unwanted children who will grow up in pain and suffering, society is better off without the murderers.
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

#28 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,198 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:31 AM

Arkansas state motto while the Clinton were in charge was thank god for Mississippi. .....

Looks like not much has changed ......

People sit on death row for more than 20 years and now they have to hurry up .....
They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#29 Twister

Twister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:23 AM

One down, 10 to go. 

Ledell Lee's execution was the first in the state since 2005. He was pronounced dead at 11:56 p.m. Thursday, four minutes before his death warrant was due to expire.

Media witnesses to the execution said Lee lost consciousness quickly. They entered the death chamber at 11:40 p.m. CDT and the curtains were drawn back four minutes later, as the first drug (midazolam) entered his body. The entire process took 12 minutes. 

Lee, 51, was put on death row for the 1993 death of his neighbor Debra Reese, whom Lee struck 36 times with a tire tool her husband had given her for protection. Lee was arrested less than an hour after the killing after spending some of the $300 he had stolen from Reese.

Sentence completed after 23 years of waiting.  This thing got 23 years of extra life he didn't deserve.  Delayed justice for the victim's family finally comes.

#30 banner1124

banner1124

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,625 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:19 AM

What exactly is pro-abortion?

#31 banner1124

banner1124

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,625 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:24 AM

I totally disagree. If you are taking the two terms in the most abstract of meanings, then yes you would be hypocritical having a pro/pro or an anti/anti position. But things are rarely that black and white. I can say I am pro-life because I believe the fetus is an unborn human being and I do not support the murder of an innocent human being. I can also say I support the death penalty because I believe that if one willingly commits the murder of another human being, he has forfeited his right to live. There is no conflict there. The same way I could say I believe aborting an unborn fetus who is not yet a child is justified to prevent unwanted pregnancies and more suffering, yet I am against the death penalty because I don't believe the state has the right to take a life. Science has done a lousy job of accurately defining when life actually begins and thus we have an inconsistency when it comes to abortion.

I don't have to worry about it since I am pro-choice and pro-death penalty. I don't like abortion, and would not want to make that decision for my family. I would prefer that people take responsibility for their actions instead of taking the easy way out, but I also recognize people rarely take responsibility for their actions these days and it is probably better for society if we offer a way out that prevents people from having to raise a child they don't want and simply propagating more misery. Thing is, outside of a forced intercourse situation nobody has to get pregnant if they don't want to. Abortion is an easy way to get rid of a mistake rather than take responsibility. As for the death penalty, I have no issue executing a scumbag murder. I could throw the switch myself and never think anything about it. If you are that evil that you can purposely take the life of another human being, obviously outside of defending yourself or in a combat situation, then I have no problem saying you have forfeited your right to life. Just like unwanted children who will grow up in pain and suffering, society is better off without the murderers.

That throw the switch thing is very easy to say from the outside looking in.  Apparently plenty of those folks suffer mentally from having to participate in executions.  Also, you wouldn't get to choose who you're throwing the switch on.  How would you feel if you found out after throwing the switch that you threw the switch on an innocent person?  Or are you so callous about killing someone that you simply wouldn't care?

#32 Twister

Twister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:27 AM

What exactly is pro-abortion?

An example would be the left's opposition to a 24 hour waiting period for anyone who wants an abortion.

What's the worst thing (in their opinion) that could happen after waiting 24 hours?  No abortion takes place.  OH MY GAWD!

A woman changing her mind after 24 hours and not having an abortion is an abomination to the pro abortion crowd.  They want that abortion NOW, on demand, immediately, with no waiting.

THAT is pro-abortion.

#33 banner1124

banner1124

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,625 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:31 AM

An example would be the left's opposition to a 24 hour waiting period for anyone who wants an abortion.

What's the worst thing (in their opinion) that could happen after waiting 24 hours?  No abortion takes place.  OH MY GAWD!

A woman changing her mind after 24 hours and not having an abortion is an abomination to the pro abortion crowd.  They want that abortion NOW, on demand, immediately, with no waiting.

THAT is pro-abortion.

No, that's not pro-abortion.  If someone believes that a woman should be free to make the choice then that's precisely what that means.  It doesn't mean that person is pro-abortion.  No number of dumb arse scenarios is going to change that.  What's the worst thing that could happen?  Well perhaps the woman who wants the abortion is mentally unbalanced, or for some reason mentally unstable because of how she became pregnant and in that 24 hour period she does something drastic to get rid of the fetus herself.  That's just one thing I can think of right off the top of my head

#34 WKDWZD

WKDWZD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,054 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:32 AM

If it's so important for America to continue it's killing of undesirables, why don't they make their own pentobarbital and sodium thiopental, that the more enlightened countries refuse to supply them?

Edited by WKDWZD, 21 April 2017 - 06:45 AM.

Honi soit qui mal y pense.

#35 Twister

Twister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:34 AM

No, that's not pro-abortion.  If someone believes that a woman should be free to make the choice then that's precisely what that means.  It doesn't mean that person is pro-abortion.  No number of dumb arse scenarios is going to change that.  What's the worst thing that could happen?  Well perhaps the woman who wants the abortion is mentally unbalanced, or for some reason mentally unstable because of how she became pregnant and in that 24 hour period she does something drastic to get rid of the fetus herself.  That's just one thing I can think of right off the top of my head

Please get back on topic or start another thread.  The topic is convicted thugs and their upcoming appointment(s) with Mr. Needle.

One down, 10 to go.  Lawful sentence executed.  Next.

#36 ncbirdfan

ncbirdfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:49 AM

THAT is pro-abortion.

Pro-abortion as described to me is women using abortion as birth control. But that is just another lie in the anti-abortion movement. It's the equivalent of saying all people on welfare are lazy and just don't want to get a job.

Edited by ncbirdfan, 21 April 2017 - 06:49 AM.

#37 banner1124

banner1124

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,625 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:51 AM

Please get back on topic or start another thread.  The topic is convicted thugs and their upcoming appointment(s) with Mr. Needle.

One down, 10 to go.  Lawful sentence executed.  Next.

I accept your surrender

#38 hst2

hst2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92,662 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:03 AM

Even though I am pro-choice and pro-capital punishment, I disagree with your statement. Pro-death penalty supporters believe that those who commit the crime of taking another's life have forfeited the right to their own. Pro life supporters believe that aborting the life of an unborn child is murder. The difference in the two actions is that the murderer has freely chosen to extinguish the life of another human being and thus should pay with his own. The aborted child has committed no crime, except to be unwanted by the person conceiving that child. Support or opposition to either depends on one's own judgment, but it is possible to be pro-life and pro-death penalty at the same time.

Illinois found that even after all the appeals process, due to the efforts of students at Northwestern Journalism school, they freed more people on death row than they had executed.

They discovered that there are simply too many things that can go wrong in a capital crime investigation to trust the validity of the verdicts. 

We don't need to be running the risk of executing innocent people, which is what we are probably doing.

"It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from man. - HL Mencken

#39 Twister

Twister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:42 PM

Next 2 up tonight!

Both Arkansas inmates, convicted of rape and murder, have asked the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals to intervene, claiming the lethal injection drug midazolam -- combined with their health problems  -- could lead to botched executions, Fox 16 reported.

Williams was sent to death row for the 1994 rape and killing of 22-year-old Stacy Errickson, whom he kidnapped from a gas station in central Arkansas.  Williams abducted and raped two other women in the days before he was arrested in Errickson's death, investigators said. Williams admitted responsibility to the state Parole Board last month.

Jones got the death penalty for the 1995 rape and killing of Mary Phillips. He strangled her with the cord to a coffee pot.

Let's hope there are no last minute interventions and these two things can finally receive their lawful sentence.

#40 banner1124

banner1124

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,625 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:46 PM

What kind of sick person gets all excited about impending executions?  Disgusting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users