PinkFlamingo

Baby mamas, come get more free stuff!!

79 posts in this topic

City church hosts community baby shower http://www.abc2news.com/news/region/baltimore-city/baltimore-city-church-hosts-first-annual-community-baby-shower

I'll bet most are pregnant with their 3rd or 4th baby, with yet another last name.

More free stuff, to go with the free food and housing.

Smh

Yet you don't know for sure what these women's situations are.

Obviously this is a thread to provoke and an ignorant one at that.

Yet you don't know for sure what these women's situations are.

Well, I've lived in and around Baltimore my whole life.

I can certainly make an educated guess, Matt.

Keep throwing freebies at these women, and they have no incentive to think before they act.

They really believe it takes a village to (pay the cost) to raise a child.

Obviously this is a thread to provoke and an ignorant one at that.

Nope. A thread to vent.

Wow, so much anger about a church throwing a baby shower in their community.  :rolleyes:

Wow, so much anger about a church throwing a baby shower in their community. :rolleyes:

Not anger. Just disgust.

Lawd churches holding charitable events. What's this world coming to?? :mad::rolleyes:

Not anger. Just disgust.

You should have staked out the parking lot and checked out whether these mamas-to-be arrived in their Escalades and Mercedes.

The Baltimore-based church has reached more than 100,000 individuals in the city through various community service efforts and is committed to make a difference in the "lives of individuals, one person at a time." 

Disgusting!   :mad:  :mad:

Not anger. Just disgust.

Disgust at a church throwing a baby shower in their community?  Man, you must live a sad life.  :rolleyes:

Do canned food drives or other charity also disgust you?

Lmao at you all.

These are some of the same women you've scorned in the past, for having numerous babies with various men that don't pay for their children.

You know it.

These are the babies that grow up with these single mothers, or get dumped on the grandmothers and then wander the streets and end up getting into trouble at 1am, and you all comment "where were their parents?!?"

Charity. Lol

Which are worse, single mothers or married mothers who go out and screw around?  I personally think it's not the single mothers.

You should have staked out the parking lot and checked out whether these mamas-to-be arrived in their Escalades and Mercedes.

Most likely Lexus.

Lmao at you all.

These are some of the same women you've scorned in the past, for having numerous babies with various men that don't pay for their children.

You know it.

These are the babies that grow up with these single mothers, or get dumped on the grandmothers and then wander the streets and end up getting into trouble at 1am, and you all comment "where were their parents?!?"

Charity. Lol

You need Jesus...

None of us have any idea if these babies are from a marriage or just plain sxx. The whole thing about the babies all having different last names is likely a good indication of the later. However, a baby with just the Moms last name maybe an indicator it is not necessarily proof of an out of wedlock child.

The definition of stereotype; a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing. That's from the PC dictionary. However, a variation of that definition is that a stereotype that is NOT PC is that it is an image that is borne out of real life and real life observation and verbalization of something that polite society will not address.

I have to admit that when I first moved here from a small town in NJ. I was culture shocked in many ways but the celebration of an out of wedlock black child was a over the top. A next door neighbors daughter got what we used to call 'knocked up'. And the family was all sorts of happy and excited. No Daddy stepping forward to marry the girl, no less one with a paycheck. But they were all aglow.

That was culture shock to me. Yes we had issues like that where I grew up actually 3 just on my street where I grew up. BUT, the family kept it quite and the girl went to relatives to have the child OR Daddy stepped up and married the girl. AND HIS FAMILY stepped up to help provide emotional and financial support. NO ONE relied on the goooberment to carry the load.

So back to the issue at hand. Was this a celebration of indiscriminate procreation. Maybe. Can we prove it no. But the track record/stereotypes does seem to lean that way.

Look, fine ... have all the babies you want. But don't vetch when you end up in subsidized housing relying on food stamps and other 'freebies' that don't match up to what you and your off spring really need financially.

If you have one child in that circumstance. Ok, everyone makes mistakes....but 2,3,4,....NO .. that is plain stupidity and not my or my tax dollars problem. Maybe that is cold but it is the truth.

You need Jesus...

Sorry, all we have is Jeebus.

What would you prejudice folks do if there were no minorities to complain about?  I'm being serious.

What would you prejudice folks do if there were no minorities to complain about?  I'm being serious.

Their hypocrisy never ceases to amaze me. 

Sorry, all we have is Jeebus.

Way off topic....but for months I have been trying to figure out your location hieroglyphic. Think i got it ...means....'search me' or I dunno?

You seem unwilling to distinguish between complaining about a minority and complaining about the behavior of some members of a minority.

Why is it always "minorities"?  Looks like there were some white people in that video as well--not sure if they are among the expectant moms.

Not anger. Just disgust.

Why? Of all the things to be disgusted about in Baltimore, THIS bothers you?

Posted (edited)

Why is it always "minorities"? Looks like there were some white people in that video as well--not sure if they are among the expectant moms.

Are you under the impression that it's only minorities that have multiple baby daddys? I thought you lived in the city Matt. There's all races of people in Baltimore.

Ride thru some neighborhoods, and you'll see black 18yr old moms with 2 kids, and white 19yr old moms with 3 kids.

The white moms will many times have at least one bi-racial child.

I know this is true. Unfortunately, my (white) friend's bi-polar, nightmare of a daughter has been there, done that. A 30yr old woman who lived, for a time, in Pigtown and has done nothing in life but produce 2 children by different drug abusing felons, and get everything for free from the government.

She would've been first in line at that so-called baby shower. Then she probably would have sold the stuff on ebay.

Edited by PinkFlamingo