PinkFlamingo

Baby mamas, come get more free stuff!!

79 posts in this topic

Are you under the impression that it's only minorities that have multiple baby daddys? I thought you lived in the city Matt. There's all races of people in Baltimore.

Ride thru some neighborhoods, and you'll see black 18yr old moms with 2 kids, and white 19yr old moms with 3 kids.

The white moms will many times have at least one bi-racial child.

I know this is true. Unfortunately, my (white) friend's bi-polar, nightmare of a daughter has been there, done that. A 30yr old woman who lived, for a time, in Pigtown and has done nothing in life but produce 2 children by different drug abusing felons, and get everything for free from the government.

She would've been first in line at that so-called baby shower. Then she probably would have sold the stuff on ebay.

Other posters were bringing up "minorities".

That would be one "other" = Ivanbalt

Guido related an anecdote.

Lmao at you all.

These are some of the same women you've scorned in the past, for having numerous babies with various men that don't pay for their children.

You know it.

These are the babies that grow up with these single mothers, or get dumped on the grandmothers and then wander the streets and end up getting into trouble at 1am, and you all comment "where were their parents?!?"

Charity. Lol

Hi Pink 

Thats a valid point, and I'm conservative leaning and I'm guilty of your initial accusation. 

But I think this is exactly how it should be done, or at least this should be a big part of the safety net. The local community steps up, and I think theres a bigger likelihood of someone being inspired this way, then from the gifts of government. 

Often the well intentioned seem to misread Human nature and get taken advantage of, but these people know first hand that there's babies that aren't getting what we would consider basic baby stuff. They're in the neighborhood, and they're doing the work, on their time, as volunteers and using donations from willing people. It's a lot more efficient and cost effective model than anything government could come up with. Of course, unlike the church folk, government (even liberal Democrat government) does not have the best interest of the citizen in mind. Creating or even supporting cradle to grave generational dependency is obviously not healthy for the kids born into that. Free stuff from the church might not change that thinking, but at least it's local, and some babies will get some wipes or whatever. 

This church is doing it's best to mop up some of the state legislated mess.   

Sorry, all we have is Jeebus.

Jeebus lives rent-free in the heads of you people.

Why is it always "minorities"?  Looks like there were some white people in that video as well--not sure if they are among the expectant moms.

Hi BMatt. I hope you're having a quiet evening, and feeling ok. 

I think the demographics lend to the minority angle, but I know I learned a good lesson when I started working in Brooklyn in the early 80's. I had lots of friends and co-workers that lived in Curtis Bay and surrounding neighborhoods, over decades, and I've seen enough hard core white trashy things, I could write a book. And I noticed that other than an ongoing thing between Cherry Hill and Brooklyn, the (I'm sorry) salt of the earth, black and white, seemed to co-exist. I think class plays as much as a role as race when it comes to cultural norms, especially in these mixed communities. 

Hi, Pepper.  I'm retired now and planning to move to NJ next month to be closer to family.

Hi Pink

Thats a valid point, and I'm conservative leaning and I'm guilty of your initial accusation.

But I think this is exactly how it should be done, or at least this should be a big part of the safety net. The local community steps up, and I think theres a bigger likelihood of someone being inspired this way, then from the gifts of government.

Often the well intentioned seem to misread Human nature and get taken advantage of, but these people know first hand that there's babies that aren't getting what we would consider basic baby stuff. They're in the neighborhood, and they're doing the work, on their time, as volunteers and using donations from willing people. It's a lot more efficient and cost effective model than anything government could come up with. Of course, unlike the church folk, government (even liberal Democrat government) does not have the best interest of the citizen in mind. Creating or even supporting cradle to grave generational dependency is obviously not healthy for the kids born into that. Free stuff from the church might not change that thinking, but at least it's local, and some babies will get some wipes or whatever.

This church is doing it's best to mop up some of the state legislated mess.

Pepper, you're right.

I was only looking at it as another free give-away, and I wasn't distinguishing between the literal church and state.

Maybe if it's coming from the church members,

it will mean more for all those involved.

I admit, I was wrong.

Posted (edited)

Way off topic....but for months I have been trying to figure out your location hieroglyphic. Think i got it ...means....'search me' or I dunno?

just google it

http://emojipedia.org/shrug/

Edited by boink

Churches doing something for the community? Unheard of!

I know of a church that delivered 60 Easter baskets to needy families in Harford County this past weekend.

Damn people and their needs.

Here is an interesting question.

When is minority not a minority?

What I mean is, since BC is almost 64% black and I am sure if you throw out those living in those fancy 'rich persons' apartments and such I am sure the remainder is more like 90% black.

So is it correct to refer to the black population in BC as a minority anymore?

Some people have nothing better to do all day than hate and whine. SMDH :rolleyes:

Wow, so much anger about a church throwing a baby shower in their community.  :rolleyes:

Lawd churches holding charitable events. What's this world coming to?? :mad::rolleyes:

Disgust at a church throwing a baby shower in their community?  Man, you must live a sad life.  :rolleyes:

Do canned food drives or other charity also disgust you?

So much bitter anger.

BTW: Good for the church and those that donated to make it happen

Churches doing something for the community? Unheard of!

I know of a church that delivered 60 Easter baskets to needy families in Harford County this past weekend.

Damn people and their needs.

You're a little late to the party naive. ????

Hi, Pepper.  I'm retired now and planning to move to NJ next month to be closer to family.

Matt.... don't do it man. Hasn't you family there told you about that state? You think MD taxes and liberalism is nuts....NJ yikes. My sisters family still lives there and all I hear is them complaining about the same stuff MDers do .... but it sounds like ours is trivial in comparison.

But good luck. Mind if I ask where in NJ you are moving. I lived in South River and Glassboro.

Posted (edited)

Some people have nothing better to do all day than hate and whine. SMDH :rolleyes:

I think you are partially correct. Some people complain/hate wasted money and useless programs (that get re-run with different names) that attempt to help people that don't want to change their lifestyle but are all to happy to take the goodies.

But I guess with your mindset even if we spend millions but one life is resurrected it is worth it.... right?

Edited by Guido2

You're a little late to the party naive.

Nah, right on time, but thanks!

Guido are you including white people in that scenario?

Shaking my head, is right. Baby mommas? Good grief.

Shaking my head, is right. Baby mommas? Good grief.

You've never heard that term?

Similar to "baby daddy," as in "one of her baby daddys lives down the street, but the other 2 are in jail."

Yes, I have heard of it. It seems judgemental to write.

We are tired of stupid Baltimore policians voting to take more money from givers and directing it to the lazy.

Posted (edited)

What Baltimore politicians are in charge of the church??? Y'all hate so much any semblance of logic just goes right out the window...

Edited by Marshan Man

Nobody is taking anymore money from you than they are taking from anybody else selfish one.  I wasn't talking to you Manny but you are a whiner too.

What Baltimore politicians are in charge of the church???

I swear it is hard to wrap your brain around how dumb these people are. They fight to cut the little bit that is spent on actual food and necessities for the poor and now get made that a church is filling in the need gap.

I bet they pretend to be christians too.

We are tired of stupid Baltimore policians voting to take more money from givers and directing it to the lazy.

:lol:

You should stick to bumping old threads since you clearly don't understand this topic.