78 replies to this topic

#61 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,833 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:55 PM

Then why don't you mention it in your post?  All I see is black this and black that with you.

Man you must be wearing some funny glasses to think that.

#62 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,625 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:57 PM

Matt.... don't do it man. Hasn't you family there told you about that state? You think MD taxes and liberalism is nuts....NJ yikes. My sisters family still lives there and all I hear is them complaining about the same stuff MDers do .... but it sounds like ours is trivial in comparison.

But good luck. Mind if I ask where in NJ you are moving. I lived in South River and Glassboro.

My SIL was not amused by your comment. My brothers live in Toms River, so I'm moving to that area.
Dieser Weg wird kein leichter sein; dieser Weg wird steinig und schwer.
Nicht mit vielen wirst du dir einig sein, doch dieses Leben bietet so viel mehr. --Xavier Naidoo

#63 Dinglehopper

Dinglehopper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:15 PM

Toms River is nice. I prefer South Jersey for visiting and such. Not much of a job market.

#64 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,198 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:37 AM

Toms River is nice. I prefer South Jersey for visiting and such. Not much of a job market.

Yea, you told us about your parents place there .....
They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#65 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,625 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:41 AM

Yea, you told us about your parents place there .....

My nephew bought my parents' place and totally redid it.
Nicht mit vielen wirst du dir einig sein, doch dieses Leben bietet so viel mehr. --Xavier Naidoo

#66 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,198 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:46 AM

My nephew bought my parents' place and totally redid it.

Nice.....

As a fellow cancer survivor, I wish you well Matt on all fronts as you move ahead on this next phase of your life .....

Here's to many years of happy retirement....
They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#67 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,625 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:51 AM

Thank you. I still hear from the office almost every day with a question about something. :)

#68 Dinglehopper

Dinglehopper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:24 AM

Matt, best of luck

Edited by Dinglehopper, 14 April 2017 - 11:51 AM.

#69 workerbee

workerbee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,557 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 08:09 AM

Good job Miracle City Church!

TERM LIMITS NOW!

#70 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,833 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:14 AM

My SIL was not amused by your comment. My brothers live in Toms River, so I'm moving to that area.

Ohhhh my sister and her husband are not amused by my truthful comments on what they have told me about what NJ has become. Funny, they complain and I commiserate and agree and then they get all nuts too defending NJ. Go figure.

But it is kind of funny...they complain...etc etc. then defend NJ. But I know for a fact that as soon as the last child leaves the nest they ARE OUT OF THERE. Michigan I believe. ...why???? Dunno. They don't hunt they don't fish they both have black thumbs regarding gardening/farming...but that is my sister.

What was it that Tonto said 'White man speak with forked tongue'?

BTW you will never see me or hear me defending The Peoples Republic of MD. And yeah I am leaving ASAP. Just got to figure out what my dear wife wants.

hey sweetheart how about Florida TO HOT...how about Maine...TO COLD....how about NC or SC...TO MANY CONSERVATIVE A-HOLES...how about Montana, Utah... TO DRY.....

And so on....anyone know of a Goldilocks state? Yah know like the porridge....not to hot not to cold ....just right?

Edited by Guido2, 14 April 2017 - 10:22 AM.

#71 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,833 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:30 AM

Oh and Matt....Toms River used to be a nice area...my family used to drive through it using the 'back way' to get to Seaside Heights/Midway during the summer. But after they put in Rt. 18 never used that route again.

I wonder if they ever put that Bruce Springstein Museum up.

#72 Rael

Rael

Rational member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,232 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:21 PM

Well, I've lived in and around Baltimore my whole life.
I can certainly make an educated guess, Matt.

Keep throwing freebies at these women, and they have no incentive to think before they act.
They really believe it takes a village to (pay the cost) to raise a child.

Hey, it is charity, not tax dollars. With all the things deserving of indignation, this, to me, seems pretty far down on the list.

Pessimism is just an ugly word for 'pattern recognition'.

#73 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,833 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:48 PM

Thank you. I still hear from the office almost every day with a question about something. :)

Hey Matt. I am sorry I didn't know that you were ill. Guess this all happened after I dropped off for a while.

Regardless good luck and good health.

Guido

#74 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,625 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:28 PM

Hey Matt. I am sorry I didn't know that you were ill. Guess this all happened after I dropped off for a while.
Regardless good luck and good health.
Guido

I've been dealing with prostate cancer since 2009 and managing pretty well until I went to weekly chemo last August. That has really wiped me out. Went part time in January, but still found it difficult to keep ģoing. I'm hoping to get Social Security Disability.

Thanks.

#75 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,833 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:16 PM

I've been dealing with prostate cancer since 2009 and managing pretty well until I went to weekly chemo last August. That has really wiped me out. Went part time in January, but still found it difficult to keep ģoing. I'm hoping to get Social Security Disability.

Thanks.

Have you put in for it yet? If not, do it now. It is a long slow process. And you may get rejected two times or more. A buddy of mine who did that processing at SS said pretty much all applications are rejected the first time as a matter of course, period. And two or three sit downs are necessary....forget doing it on the web.

You have seen those lawyers that act as advocates....he says getting one can be like flipping a switch and things get done fast.

#76 Bowie-Bruce

Bowie-Bruce

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,868 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:33 PM

Best of wishes with your health and retirement, Matt. You deserve a medal for putting up with so many children on these forums. Or at least a Babysitter of the Decade certificate.

Happy trails.
Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.
--Thoreau

#77 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,625 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:25 PM

Have you put in for it yet? If not, do it now. It is a long slow process. And you may get rejected two times or more. A buddy of mine who did that processing at SS said pretty much all applications are rejected the first time as a matter of course, period. And two or three sit downs are necessary....forget doing it on the web.

You have seen those lawyers that act as advocates....he says getting one can be like flipping a switch and things get done fast.

Yes, I applied as soon as I stopped working.  I was hoping with the Compassionate Allowance program, my condition (hormone refractory prostate cancer) would get me an expedited approval.

Edited by Baltimatt, 14 April 2017 - 04:26 PM.

#78 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,833 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:44 PM

Yes, I applied as soon as I stopped working.  I was hoping with the Compassionate Allowance program, my condition (hormone refractory prostate cancer) would get me an expedited approval.

Well you read what I said. Keep you head up and don't back down or let them wear you down. Thats another tactic my SS buddy told me about that they use. Good luck

#79 boink

boink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,594 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:44 PM

City church hosts community baby shower http://www.abc2news....ity-baby-shower

I'll bet most are pregnant with their 3rd or 4th baby, with yet another last name.
More free stuff, to go with the free food and housing.

Smh

next up, houses from Habitat for Humanity?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users