Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bowie-Bruce

O's Forum Fest?

38 posts in this topic

Just following up on Bleeding's idea, would anybody be interested in meeting up at an O's game against the Cards for the weekend of June 16th? Ken has already promised a round of free drinks, and depending upon how things go at Belmont the week prior, I might spring for a Grape Nehi or two. I'm thinking the series finale on Sunday might not work, given that it's Fathers Day.

How much would it cost?

How much would it cost?

I suppose it would depend entirely upon where we choose to sit. According to my very brief internet research, ticket prices begin at $24.

I may be in Ireland then. I have to check. If not, I'm up for that.

I'd like to attend, Bruce. Thanks!

I wish I could attend, but I have a meeting that Saturday. If I didn't live so far away I think I could swing it, but as it is I might just be making a trip there sometime in July.

I wish I could attend, but I have a meeting that Saturday. If I didn't live so far away I think I could swing it, but as it is I might just be making a trip there sometime in July.

It would be nice to meet you; can't you reschedule your meeting?

If I can make it back from the West Coast that wkd I'd probably be in

It would be nice to meet you; can't you reschedule your meeting?

Unfortunately, I am one of the presenters and I present at 11 am; there's no way I could get back fro m Baltimore in time (well without sleep I could - but that is not an option.). Maybe in in the future...

I'll try to make it once a date is set, be nice to meet you.

I could be down for this, sounds fun.

I remember when I joined this board they had an annual meet-up at a Baysox game. I understand they significantly limited who could attend after someone with the initials TM made plans to come from out-of-state and started trying to run the event.

I remember when I joined this board they had an annual meet-up at a Baysox game. I understand they significantly limited who could attend after someone with the initials TM made plans to come from out-of-state and started trying to run the event.

He actually came. A lot of people met him, including me.

He actually came. A lot of people met him, including me.

Wonder what he's up to? Would have thought he'd come around with the new found success of the club

Posted (edited)

Wonder what he's up to? Would have thought he'd come around with the new found success of the club

Nah. He never actually cared about the team. He cared about being a superfan. It's less impressive to be the world's best fan when the team is good.

Edited by Slidemaster

He is probably in the Phillies or Braves forum doing what he previously did here.

That was back in the days when everybody got along.   :D   Usually a group of attendees would go out for some fine dining afterwards as well.  Thinking Man organised a few gatherings for all of us back in the day.

That was back in the days when everybody got along. :D Usually a group of attendees would go out for some fine dining afterwards as well. Thinking Man organised a few gatherings for all of us back in the day.

I met some of the crew at one back in the day

Posted (edited)

That was back in the days when everybody got along.   :D   Usually a group of attendees would go out for some fine dining afterwards as well.  Thinking Man organised a few gatherings for all of us back in the day.

Even if I disagree with someone here I don't hold grudges or anything. Are you saying others don't share that view? I would think many of us are more civil in person than in the forum where we can go to extremes sometimes.

Edited by ncbirdfan