Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bowie-Bruce

O's Forum Fest?

38 posts in this topic

Even if I disagree with someone here I don't hold grudges or anything. Are you saying others don't share that view? I would think many of us are more civil in person than in the forum where we can go to extremes sometimes.

There was a guy that use to post here. Generally speaking, he was someone that most folks liked interacting with. Then he went to one of the Bowie games. He went out of his way to talk to everyone at the game. But his motivation was to collect opinions. He share everyone's private comments on this board for the purpose of watching the fallout. If I remember correctly, that was the last time Thinking man organized a Bowie game. There was something in his personal life that probably also contributed to him no longer organizing it. But that poster's actions soured the experience for a lot of people. It caused some riffs around here.

I will say this, it was a pretty cool bonding experience. It's one thing for you and me to type things to each other. But it's more rewarding to interact, after we sit next to each other for 9 innings.  

There was a guy that use to post here. Generally speaking, he was someone that most folks liked interacting with. Then he went to one of the Bowie games. He went out of his way to talk to everyone at the game. But his motivation was to collect opinions. He share everyone's private comments on this board for the purpose of watching the fallout. If I remember correctly, that was the last time Thinking man organized a Bowie game. There was something in his personal life that probably also contributed to him no longer organizing it. But that poster's actions soured the experience for a lot of people. It caused some riffs around here.

I will say this, it was a pretty cool bonding experience. It's one thing for you and me to type things to each other. But it's more rewarding to interact, after we sit next to each other for 9 innings.

His name was Third Rail, and he was a sad, pathetic little man.

His name was Third Rail, and he was a sad, pathetic little man.

He really was. 

June 17th vs STL???

That works for me, as long as Ken is buying.

As others have referenced, I have always enjoyed meeting posters on this and other Baltimore Sun forums, and have formed some great friendships in the process. Which makes it a shame what happened with the Bowie games, the details of which (perhaps thankfully) I was not aware.

That's just sad that there are people like that. I value my privacy and I value other people's privacy. I can understand why things went sour after that.

Bump for the event.

Posted (edited)

The only way I can go is if the emperor will let me take some vacation days away from the death star.

Edited by Slidemaster

June 16th or 17th works for me. I suspect Sunday's game could be an issue given Fathers Day. As for tickets, my suggestion is to pick a cheap seat section, and folks can individually buy tickets from there. Everyone is responsible for their own arrangements. This scenario allows for more elbow room, and it allows for more money left over for the track.

Sorry I forgot about this thread-is for the O's or Bowie or another game?

June 16th or 17th works for me. I suspect Sunday's game could be an issue given Fathers Day. As for tickets, my suggestion is to pick a cheap seat section, and folks can individually buy tickets from there. Everyone is responsible for their own arrangements. This scenario allows for more elbow room, and it allows for more money left over for the track.

Beer beer beer

Even if I disagree with someone here I don't hold grudges or anything. Are you saying others don't share that view? I would think many of us are more civil in person than in the forum where we can go to extremes sometimes.

Even nationals were better when we used to get together in person occasionally. Harder to be a jerk to someone you have met even when you disagree.