#21 dshawg1

dshawg1

Let's Go O's!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,657 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:29 AM

Who is TM?
Coed Flag Football, Basketball, Dodgeball, Softball, Kickball & More!
http://www.PlayBaltimore.com

Free Real Estate/Financial Tips:
www.FinancialHangout.com

#22 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Resident Good Luck Charm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,929 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:15 AM

TravisMoon.
The kids are alright.

#23 Norman

Norman

Go away you little gnat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,079 posts
  • LocationCoke Butler

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:14 AM

That was back in the days when everybody got along.   :D   Usually a group of attendees would go out for some fine dining afterwards as well.  Thinking Man organised a few gatherings for all of us back in the day.

#24 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,111 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:30 AM

That was back in the days when everybody got along. :D Usually a group of attendees would go out for some fine dining afterwards as well. Thinking Man organised a few gatherings for all of us back in the day.

I met some of the crew at one back in the day
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] O's new slogan

#25 ncbirdfan

ncbirdfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:41 AM

That was back in the days when everybody got along.   :D   Usually a group of attendees would go out for some fine dining afterwards as well.  Thinking Man organised a few gatherings for all of us back in the day.

Even if I disagree with someone here I don't hold grudges or anything. Are you saying others don't share that view? I would think many of us are more civil in person than in the forum where we can go to extremes sometimes.

Edited by ncbirdfan, 17 April 2017 - 11:41 AM.

#26 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,713 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:22 PM

Even if I disagree with someone here I don't hold grudges or anything. Are you saying others don't share that view? I would think many of us are more civil in person than in the forum where we can go to extremes sometimes.

There was a guy that use to post here. Generally speaking, he was someone that most folks liked interacting with. Then he went to one of the Bowie games. He went out of his way to talk to everyone at the game. But his motivation was to collect opinions. He share everyone's private comments on this board for the purpose of watching the fallout. If I remember correctly, that was the last time Thinking man organized a Bowie game. There was something in his personal life that probably also contributed to him no longer organizing it. But that poster's actions soured the experience for a lot of people. It caused some riffs around here.

I will say this, it was a pretty cool bonding experience. It's one thing for you and me to type things to each other. But it's more rewarding to interact, after we sit next to each other for 9 innings.  

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#27 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Resident Good Luck Charm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,929 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:10 PM

There was a guy that use to post here. Generally speaking, he was someone that most folks liked interacting with. Then he went to one of the Bowie games. He went out of his way to talk to everyone at the game. But his motivation was to collect opinions. He share everyone's private comments on this board for the purpose of watching the fallout. If I remember correctly, that was the last time Thinking man organized a Bowie game. There was something in his personal life that probably also contributed to him no longer organizing it. But that poster's actions soured the experience for a lot of people. It caused some riffs around here.

I will say this, it was a pretty cool bonding experience. It's one thing for you and me to type things to each other. But it's more rewarding to interact, after we sit next to each other for 9 innings.

His name was Third Rail, and he was a sad, pathetic little man.
The kids are alright.

#28 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,713 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:18 PM

His name was Third Rail, and he was a sad, pathetic little man.

He really was. 

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#29 Bowie-Bruce

Bowie-Bruce

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,862 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:21 PM

June 17th vs STL???

That works for me, as long as Ken is buying.
Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.
--Thoreau

#30 Bowie-Bruce

Bowie-Bruce

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,862 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:29 PM

As others have referenced, I have always enjoyed meeting posters on this and other Baltimore Sun forums, and have formed some great friendships in the process. Which makes it a shame what happened with the Bowie games, the details of which (perhaps thankfully) I was not aware.
Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.
--Thoreau

#31 ncbirdfan

ncbirdfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:02 PM

That's just sad that there are people like that. I value my privacy and I value other people's privacy. I can understand why things went sour after that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users