• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 pitbull

pitbull

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,480 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:11 PM

Anyone still think this is a Major League rotation?

Big Dan should be embarassed. Honestly, he should quit.

No one can pitch more than five innings. The bullpen is taxed (thru 6 games). And Big Dan hasn't done anytbing to fix it.

Everyone knew the rotation was an issue and he did NOTHING!!! It's unbelievable.

#2 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,110 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:46 PM

Anyone still think this is a Major League rotation?

Big Dan should be embarassed. Honestly, he should quit.

No one can pitch more than five innings. The bullpen is taxed (thru 6 games). And Big Dan hasn't done anytbing to fix it.

Everyone knew the rotation was an issue and he did NOTHING!!! It's unbelievable.

How long did you have this post saved
Wait nevermind its just copy and paste for you 😊
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] O's new slogan

#3 pitbull

pitbull

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,480 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:58 PM

?????

So, you disagree? You are usually pretty open-minded. #rolleyes

#4 mdrunning

mdrunning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,628 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:43 PM

Bundy pitched into the seventh tonight. Last time I checked, that's more than five innings.

#5 pitbull

pitbull

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,480 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:58 PM

Bundy pitched into the seventh tonight. Last time I checked, that's more than five innings.

And how about all of our other starters???

#6 mdrunning

mdrunning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,628 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 11:35 PM

And how about all of our other starters???

Not counting tonight, the Orioles were sixth in the American League in ERA. Guess who was bringing up the rear? Cleveland, Texas and Toronto, all of whom made the postseason last year. Somehow I don't think any of those teams are ready to throw in the towel.

Despite the Orioles getting fewer innings from their starters thus far than any AL team but the White Sox, Bundy pitched seven innings in his first outing and into the seventh tonight, and Gausman pitched into the sixth his first go-around. That's half the games with the starters going more than five innings thus far. It's not great, granted, but it's also not an unmitigated disaster. 

#7 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,110 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 11:53 PM

?????

So, you disagree? You are usually pretty open-minded. #rolleyes

Its 6 games although i am concerned about the state of the bullpen early on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] O's new slogan

#8 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,972 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:27 AM

They're going to need a healthy and effective Tillman, Gausman, and Bundy to anchor them this year... which remains to be seen... But it's also the first week. Sadly, the days of spring training actually prepping starting pitchers for real games starting opening day are long gone... especially with Buck's mindset. You have pitch counts to focus on and bullpens to lean on! ;)
"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#9 Struds

Struds

Moderate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:34 AM

Not counting tonight, the Orioles were sixth in the American League in ERA. Guess who was bringing up the rear? Cleveland, Texas and Toronto, all of whom made the postseason last year. Somehow I don't think any of those teams are ready to throw in the towel.

Despite the Orioles getting fewer innings from their starters thus far than any AL team but the White Sox, Bundy pitched seven innings in his first outing and into the seventh tonight, and Gausman pitched into the sixth his first go-around. That's half the games with the starters going more than five innings thus far. It's not great, granted, but it's also not an unmitigated disaster. 

Wait, that can't be right. Bullspit says: "No one can pitch more than five innings."  Is this fake news?  ;) 

Despite his clear exaggeration, he's right. This overuse of the BP cannot be sustained. With UJ pitching tonight, I have only a very slim hope that we get 6 innings before the BP is needed.

#10 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,120 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:46 AM

Wait, that can't be right. Bullspit says: "No one can pitch more than five innings."  Is this fake news?  ;) 

Despite his clear exaggeration, he's right. This overuse of the BP cannot be sustained. With UJ pitching tonight, I have only a very slim hope that we get 6 innings before the BP is needed.

Pretty ambitious with 6.  I'm just hoping for 5.

#11 Bowie-Bruce

Bowie-Bruce

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,861 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:02 AM

Notwithstanding the hysterics on this thread, the linchpin of the O's season ultimately depends on the soundness of Tillman. As he goes, so goes the rotation, and so goes the team.
Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.
--Thoreau

#12 Pickle20

Pickle20

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,513 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:14 AM

I agree with the OP.

Once it was known Tillman was going to miss a chunk of the season, a viable replacement should have been signed. Instead DD acquired a bunch of AAAA fodder.

Even if Tillman was healthy, they should have looked to improve the rotation over Ubaldo/Miley who everyone knew probably wouldn't finish the season on the roster one way or another.

I get the expected improvement from Gausman and Bundy, and the consistency of Tillman. Entering the season that's a solid top 3. It's the bottom 2 that have the potential to nuke the season. Once Tillman went down, it should have been all hands on deck.

Edited by Pickle20, 12 April 2017 - 08:15 AM.

#13 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,972 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:24 AM

Never fear... Ubaldo is here...

"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#14 ncbirdfan

ncbirdfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:20 AM

I agree with the OP.

Once it was known Tillman was going to miss a chunk of the season, a viable replacement should have been signed. Instead DD acquired a bunch of AAAA fodder.

Even if Tillman was healthy, they should have looked to improve the rotation over Ubaldo/Miley who everyone knew probably wouldn't finish the season on the roster one way or another.

I get the expected improvement from Gausman and Bundy, and the consistency of Tillman. Entering the season that's a solid top 3. It's the bottom 2 that have the potential to nuke the season. Once Tillman went down, it should have been all hands on deck.

Well, I guess Tom Seaver would be available.

#15 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,704 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:41 AM

I agree with the OP.

Agreed. Miley isn't much of a pitcher. But as the #5 guy, he can be tolerated. Especially if he's an innings eater. But even if Tillman never got hurt, a replacement for UJ should have been added.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#16 Rob

Rob

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,382 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:46 AM

a replacement for UJ should have been added.

A replacement for King Ubaldo?? No way!!

Ustinko shouldn't have made it past year 2 of that 4 year deal. He is an atrocious pitcher. Somehow someway, the clown still has a starter spot.

Buck and Dan must spoke the good stuff!

#17 ncbirdfan

ncbirdfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:53 PM

A replacement for King Ubaldo?? No way!!

Ustinko shouldn't have made it past year 2 of that 4 year deal. He is an atrocious pitcher. Somehow someway, the clown still has a starter spot.

Buck and Dan must spoke the good stuff!

Any word if there are any extension talks with Jimenez? :o

Edited by ncbirdfan, 12 April 2017 - 12:53 PM.

#18 Struds

Struds

Moderate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:18 PM

Any word if there are any extension talks with Jimenez? :o

Clearly a priority. Manny can wait.

#19 pitbull

pitbull