• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#121 jfromba

jfromba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 11:58 AM

I knew he couldn't have made a good move.

#122 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Resident Good Luck Charm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,929 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:10 PM

I knew he couldn't have made a good move.

Is anything I said wrong?
The kids are alright.

#123 jfromba

jfromba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:15 PM

Just because a previous move does not work out, that doesn't mean that subsequent moves cannot be good moves.

The Glen Davis deal turned out to be a bad move, does that mean all subsequent moves after that were also bad????

Edited by jfromba, 13 April 2017 - 12:15 PM.

#124 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Resident Good Luck Charm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,929 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:18 PM

Just because a previous move does not work out, that doesn't mean that subsequent moves cannot be good moves.
The Glen Davis deal turned out to be a bad move, does that mean all subsequent moves after that were also bad????

Pretend you're my boss. I make an enormous error that costs the company millions of dollars and reduced company performance. Then I partially correct the error, so that fewer millions are wasted, even though we still don't break even.

How much praise do you give me?
The kids are alright.

#125 jfromba

jfromba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:27 PM

Unfortunately the world of sports doesn't always work that way. 

I prefer to see the glass as half full. You prefer to see it as completely empty.

#126 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,713 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:58 PM

Do you mean subsequent Glenn Davis related moves, or all post-Davis Orioles moves?

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#127 jfromba

jfromba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:06 PM

Subsequent Glenn Davis related moves. Because the Davis deal turned out bad, does that mean that any move because of that is also bad?

If the Orioles had made a great move to bring in a pitcher to replace Pete Harnish, is that move forever tainted because of the Glenn Davis move's results.

Edited by jfromba, 13 April 2017 - 01:07 PM.

#128 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,713 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:34 PM

Subsequent Glenn Davis related moves. Because the Davis deal turned out bad, does that mean that any move because of that is also bad?

If the Orioles had made a great move to bring in a pitcher to replace Pete Harnish, is that move forever tainted because of the Glenn Davis move's results.

For me, the short answer is no. The longer answer is, I'd need to know what those moves were, and were they made as a specific reaction to the Davis trade. That's a rhetorical question. I'm not actually asking you to research that.

Personally, I'm not exactly congratulating DD for salvaging something from the Gallardo signing. But I acknowledge that he did.  

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#129 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Resident Good Luck Charm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,929 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:30 PM

Ask yourself this. If Seth Smith were free agent, would you sign him in exchange for about 20 million dollars, and you giving up a first-round draft choice?

Unless the answer is "yes," then DD merely made a bad situation less bad.
The kids are alright.

#130 pitbull

pitbull

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,482 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:38 PM

Three-up, three-down on 5 pitches.

It's the Big Dan way!!!

#131 Struds

Struds

Moderate