55 replies to this topic

#41 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,111 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:23 PM

You mean like I should have played in the playoffs last year..

Lol
like let me show you why you screwed up and in turn he is over doing it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] O's new slogan

#42 franksykes

franksykes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:24 PM

Lol
like let me show you why you screwed up and in turn he is over doing it

Yes he is...
Deep down IN places you don't like to talk about, you want me on that wall you need me on that wall.... I want the truth!!! You can't handle the truth!!!!:cool:

#43 catatonia

catatonia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:25 PM

Should have left Brach in.

Nice block by Joseph.

Edited by catatonia, 14 April 2017 - 09:26 PM.

#44 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,111 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:25 PM

Play at the plate

#45 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,111 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:26 PM

That was nasty in every sense

#46 franksykes

franksykes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:27 PM

I can breathe now....
Deep down IN places you don't like to talk about, you want me on that wall you need me on that wall.... I want the truth!!! You can't handle the truth!!!!:cool:

#47 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:27 PM

Britton needs to buy Pearce dinner.  Bailed him out 2 nights in a row,

#48 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:28 PM

Britton not impressive at all.  Great win other than that crap performance.

#49 catatonia

catatonia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:29 PM

It is encouraging that the O's are 7-2 with arguably their two most important pieces -- Machado and Britton -- not exactly shining brightly in the firmament.

#50 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:30 PM

It is encouraging that the O's are 7-2 with arguably their two most important pieces -- Machado and Britton -- not exactly shining brightly in the firmament.

Good point!  Onward and upward. Can only get better when they start clicking.  And they will both start clicking that's a given.

#51 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:38 PM

Really have to love throwing another shovel full of dirt on the jays grave.  They are so deep in a hole they may never get out. 

#52 catatonia

catatonia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:40 PM

Good point!  Onward and upward. Can only get better when they start clicking.  And they will both start clicking t

hat's a given.

Brach has been Godzilla so far. And Castillo's bat has been a pleasant surprise.

Just looked it up: Zach's WHIP is almost as high as UJ's (1.86 v 2.08)

But the BJs are 1-9, so all is right in the world. 6.5 out and we're not even at tax day yet.

Edited by catatonia, 14 April 2017 - 09:45 PM.

#53 franksykes

franksykes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:48 PM

Dont look now but O's with best record in baseball..

#54 mdrunning

mdrunning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,630 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:41 PM

I cannot believe how badly Toronto has started off this season. They've got a number of guys who are one-for or two-for the season thus far. There were some reports that if Devon Travis didn't start hitting (and he was 0-for-29 before singling off Britton) there would be a roster move made. I'm not sure what kind of move, particularly with Donaldson already out, but when you start 1-9, guys get put on notice pretty quickly.

I'm really not concerned with Britton right now. He hasn't been sharp, but he's been good enough. They were saying on the broadcast tonight that hitters are beginning to sit on that fastball, and when he gets it up, they're hitting it solid. I think that's been Britton's biggest problem thus far: too many balls up in the zone. When any pitcher does that, I don't care who he is, he's going to get hit.

#55 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,581 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:28 PM

The most noticeable thing with Britton is that guys are hitting line drives and fly balls off him. It's usually K or grounder. I wonder if the change in catchers has had an impact.

#56 mdrunning

mdrunning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,630 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:57 PM

The most noticeable thing with Britton is that guys are hitting line drives and fly balls off him. It's usually K or grounder. I wonder if the change in catchers has had an impact.

I don't think so. He had Joseph catching tonight and Britton's certainly familiar with him. 

There was a wild pitch Thursday night with Castillo behind the plate, and that could be significant. A pitcher has to have confidence in his catcher; otherwise, he'll be afraid to throw his nastiest breaking pitch for fear he'll bounce it and the catcher won't get down and block it. I don't think that's an issue with Castillo, who appears to have caught on to Britton pretty well. He's setting the low target for Britton, which means the ball should be right around the hitter's knees when it crosses the plate and ultimately winds up near the dirt when it reaches the glove.

I think Britton's command is just off for some reason. When he's missing, he's missing in the upper part of the strike zone and he's getting hit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users