Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tootsie

Todd Heap accidentally runs over 3yr daughter killing her

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So sorry.

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/police-former-raven-todd-heap-accidentally-hits-kills-daughter/9279582

MESA, Ariz. —

Former Baltimore Ravens tight end Todd Heap's daughter has died Friday after she was run over in the family's driveway, WBAL sister station KPNX reported.

Mesa, Ariz., police said Heap was behind the wheel of a truck when he accidentally ran over his 3-year-old daughter, who was pronounced dead at a hospital.

Police said Heap showed no signs of impairment, KPNX reported.

An investigation continues.

Heap was drafted by the Ravens in 2001. He played for the Ravens for 10 seasons and then with the Arizona Cardinals in 2011 and 2012.

Edited by Tootsie

Sorry to hear this. Terrible tragedy. My thoughts go out to Heap and his family.

God, that is devastating. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

That is terrible. My prayers go out to the Heap family.

Your life can change in one second. Wow. Prayers to the Heap family.

My prayers go out to the Heap family, I can't imagine what they are going through.  :(

I have a four-year old and I am always worried that I won't see him in the driveway. This is very sad and my prayers go out to the Heap family.

How awful-- we all need to be sooooo careful, this happens more often than we may think.

http://www.keepyourchildsafe.org/child-safety-book/child-driveway-accidents.html

"Around 2,400 kids each year - or approximately 50 children each week - are injured after being struck or run over by a car that is backing out from a driveway. Of these, around 2 kids will die each and every week from their injuries, (or around 100 every year), according to 2007 data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. All told, backover accidents account for around 42% of all non-traffic related auto fatalities involving children each year. Front-over’s account for another 22%. Most of the time it's a relative behind the wheel - often a parent - who runs the child over."

He was actually moving the truck forward.  I'm guessing it was so high up he couldn't see her.  My heart breaks for him. 

How awful-- we all need to be sooooo careful, this happens more often than we may think.

http://www.keepyourchildsafe.org/child-safety-book/child-driveway-accidents.html

"Around 2,400 kids each year - or approximately 50 children each week - are injured after being struck or run over by a car that is backing out from a driveway. Of these, around 2 kids will die each and every week from their injuries, (or around 100 every year), according to 2007 data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. All told, backover accidents account for around 42% of all non-traffic related auto fatalities involving children each year. Front-over’s account for another 22%. Most of the time it's a relative behind the wheel - often a parent - who runs the child over."

There's a special kind of paranoia that rightfully creeps into your awareness as you back out of your driveway. The terror of the unseen in your blindspot...But Todd was driving forward. 

That's end your marriage tragic. 

My prayers and sympathy to the Heap family for their heartbreaking loss.

another sad tragedy for the Raven's family.

That's just horrible in a way that words cannot adequately describe.

Such an awful story. I hope Todd and his family can move on from this to somehow enjoy their lives. 

Just incomprehensible and beyond words to describe how badly I feel for Todd.  How do you live with that kind of guilt and grief?  I just hope he gets the support and love from those closest to him(especially his wife) and can one day go through a day without such a debilitating and devastating memory consuming his every thought.  Very, very sad.